SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Articles and Sermons : When God Gives You A Word

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
FranklinB

When God Gives You A Word

Eph. 1:16-18 Wherefore I also, after I heard of your faith in the Lord Jesus, and love unto all the saints, 16 Cease not to give thanks for you, making mention of you in my prayers; 17 That the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, may give unto you the spirit of wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of him: 18 The eyes of your understanding being enlightened; that ye may know what is the hope of his calling, and what the riches of the glory of his inheritance in the saints. And we know that spirit is The Holy Spirit.

1 Corinthians 2:9,10 says, But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him. 10 But God hath revealed them unto us by his Spirit: for the Spirit searcheth all things, yea, the deep things of God.

Now, what is revelation- It means to uncover, to pull the cover off, make known. Notice, to pull the cover off so the implication is that something is there and when it's uncovered you are able to see it. And not outside, but inside that's the eyes of your understanding being enlightened. Revelation knowledge is higher than natural knowledge, revelation deals with the spiritual. It shows you realities in the spirit. That's what 2 Corinthians 4:18 is referring to: starting at verse 16 For which cause we faint not; but though our outward man perish, yet the inward man is renewed day by day. 17 For our light affliction, which is but for a moment, worketh for us a far more exceeding and eternal weight of glory; 18 While we look not at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen: for the things which are seen are temporal; but the things which are not seen are eternal. This inward man is the one that receives the word from God (Proverbs 20:27) The spirit of man is the candle of The Lord, God speaks to the inward man not the outward man. So, if God speaks to the inward man then I need to pay attention to him. Why, because he is capable of operating on a higher level than the outward man. Jesus said something in Matthew 12:33 Either make the tree good, and his fruit good; or else make the tree corrupt, and his fruit corrupt: for the tree is known by his fruit.

Notice, what he is saying what is seen is dependent on the unseen. The tree and it's fruit is a product of the roots and where are the roots in the unseen. The finished tree with it's fruit in the seen grew out of the roots unseen. That's Heb. 11:3 Through faith we understand that the worlds were framed by the word of God, so that things which are seen were not made of things which do appear. The physical material world (the seen) is simply a manifestation or fruit of the spiritual world (the unseen). That's why in 2Cor 4:18 it says while we look not at the things which are seen (that's the fruit), but at the things not seen (that's the roots). Notice, when Jesus cursed that fig tree it dried up from the what, roots. Notice, again what happened in the unseen determined what happened in the seen. And notice, what Jesus goes on to say in Matthew 12:34,35 O generation of vipers, how can ye, being evil, speak good things? for out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaketh. 35 A good man out of the good treasure of the heart bringeth forth good things: and an evil man out of the evil treasure bringeth forth evil things. That's why God gives you a word, because he wants that word in you in abundance (Let the word dwell in you richly) because whatever words are in you in abundance is what you will speak and bring forth.

For example the woman with the issue of blood in Mark 5:25-34 notice in verse 28 For she said, If I may touch but his clothes, I shall be whole. (That word said in the concordance means a repeated action. Like it says in the amplified version- "For she kept saying". What is she doing getting that word in her in abundance.) (But, what she was saying was her revelation about Jesus). And when she touched the hem of his garment immediately she was healed. And in verse 34 Jesus told her, " Daughter, thy faith hath made thee whole; go in peace, and be whole of thy plague." Notice, she kept saying and that word got in her in abundance until she spoke it out and brought that thing forth that's why it says in verse 30 Jesus turned to see her that had done this thing, she brought that forth. She looked not at the thing that was seen, but at the thing which was not seen. That word was a spiritual reality. That was her revelation that she received. And that word did just like Jesus, the word became flesh or manifested. Any word that you can get in you in abundance and speak out can become flesh. Notice, she received what she believed and said. Well, that's Mark 11:23 For verily I say unto you, That whosoever shall say unto this mountain, Be thou removed, and be thou cast into the sea; and shall not doubt in his heart, but shall believe that those things which he saith shall come to pass; he shall have whatsoever he saith. Notice, you receive according to your revelation.

Notice, in that instance she received according to her revelation about Jesus. She received what she believed and said. What came out of her determined the outcome and not the circumstance. That's why when you are going through something the thing to do is not keeping your mouth shut. Hebrews 11:3 the worlds were framed by the word of God so that things which are seen were made of things which do appear. Romans 10:8 says, But what saith it? The word is nigh thee, even in thy mouth, and in thy heart: that is, the word of faith, which we preach. So, when God was speaking in creation He was not just speaking He was releasing faith. But, once He said "Let them have dominion" it was no longer the faith that comes out of his mouth that brings forth into the earth, but the faith that comes out of man's mouth. That's how a man brings forth either good or evil thing. For example, when God told Abraham that he made him a father of many nation, it had no effect on him physically. Because, when He said that Romans 4:19 says, that his body was dead. But, notice God changed his name from Abram-High father to Abraham-Father of a multitude. Why, because faith comes by hearing and it worked because Romans 4:20 says, He staggered not at the promise of God through unbelief; but was strong in faith, giving glory to God. Notice, the change didn't come into the physical when it came out of God's mouth, no the change came into the physical when it came out of Abraham's mouth. Because, God got his faith and his mouth in line with his word. See, now it's the faith that comes out of man. That's why she received according to her revelation in Mark 5 because her faith and mouth came in line with the word. And any revelation you line your faith and mouth with you can receive. Revelation is not subject to circumstances, but takes you above the circumstances. It's a higher way of operating. You get a word from God and release your faith in it and it's a wrap, it's over. I don't care if they tell you that you will be dead by 12 noon and it's already 11:55 if you get a word/a revelation from God and release your faith in it, it's over.

It is not God's will that any should perish. And I wouldn't want to end this article without giving someone the opportunity to receive Jesus as their Lord and Savior. It's very easy just pray: Dear God- I know I have sinned and I now turn from them and I invite Jesus to come into my heart (Revelation 3:20). He died for my sins and you have raised him from the dead and I now confess that Jesus is my Lord and Savior (Romans 10:9,10). I thank you for saving me, Amen

2023/3/14 17:28Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy