SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : The Living Stones of New Jerusalem

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
PosterThread
BranchinVINE

Australia

The Living Stones of New Jerusalem

Heb. 12:22-24 –
But you HAVE COME to Mount Zion and TO THE CITY OF THE LIVING GOD, THE HEAVENLY JERUSALEM, and to myriads of angels, to the general assembly and church of the firstborn who are enrolled in heaven, and to God, the Judge of all, and to the spirits of the righteous made perfect, and to Jesus, the mediator of a new covenant, and to the sprinkled blood, which speaks better than the blood of Abel.

COMMENT:
We are the living stones of New Jerusalem!
And the Lord Jesus Christ is the great Corner Stone.

SCRIPTURE:

1 Peter 2:4-6 –
And coming to Him as to a living stone which has been rejected by men, but is choice and precious in the sight of God, YOU ALSO, AS LIVING STONES, are being BUILT UP AS A SPIRITUAL HOUSE for a holy priesthood, to offer up spiritual sacrifices acceptable to God through Jesus Christ. For this is contained in Scripture: “Behold, I lay in Zion a choice stone, a precious corner stone……”

Eph. 2:19-22 –
So then you are no longer strangers and aliens, but you are fellow citizens with the saints, and are of God’s household, having been BUILT ON THE FOUNDATION OF THE APOSTLES AND PROPHETS, CHRIST JESUS HIMSELF BEING THE CORNER STONE, IN WHOM THE WHOLE BUILDING, BEING FITTED TOGETHER, IS GROWING INTO A HOLY TEMPLE IN THE LORD, IN WHOM YOU ALSO ARE BEING BUILT TOGETHER INTO A DWELLING OF GOD IN THE SPIRIT.

Rev. 3:11-12 –
He who overcomes, I will make him a PILLAR IN THE TEMPLE OF MY GOD, and he will not go out from it anymore; and I will write on him the name of My God, AND THE NAME OF THE CITY OF MY GOD, THE NEW JERUSALEM, WHICH COMES DOWN OUT OF HEAVEN FROM MY GOD, and My new name.

Rev. 19:6-9 –
Then I heard something like the voice of a great multitude and like the sound of many waters and like the sound of mighty peals of thunder, saying, “Hallelujah! For the Lord our God, the Almighty, reigns. Let us rejoice and be glad and give the glory to Him, for the MARRIAGE OF THE LAMB has come and HIS BRIDE has made herself ready.” It was given to her to clothe herself in fine linen, bright and clean; for the fine linen is the righteous acts of the saints.

Rev. 21 –
Then I saw a NEW HEAVEN AND A NEW EARTH; for the first heaven and the first earth passed away, and there is no longer any sea. And I saw THE HOLY CITY, NEW JERUSALEM, COMING DOWN OUT OF HEAVEN FROM GOD, made ready as A BRIDE ADORNED FOR HER HUSBAND. And I heard a loud voice from the throne, saying, “Behold, the THE TABERNACLE OF GOD is among men, and He will dwell among them, and they shall be His people, and God Himself will be among them…………
Then one of the seven angels who had the seven bowls full of the seven last plagues came and spoke with me, saying, “Come here, I WILL SHOW YOU THE BRIDE, THE WIFE OF THE LAMB.”
And he carried me away in the Spirit to a great and high mountain, and SHOWED ME THE HOLY CITY, JERUSALEM, COMING DOWN OUT OF HEAVEN FROM GOD, HAVING THE GLORY OF GOD……………And the wall of the city had TWELVE FOUNDATION STONES, and on them were THE TWELVE NAMES OF THE TWELVE APOSTLES OF THE LAMB.

---------------------
NOTE: All CAPS are just for highlighting scripture for consideration.
---------------------

2023/3/13 9:34Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re: The Living Stones of New Jerusalem

I for one agree 100%.

The idea of taking a 1500 mile cubic structure as literal just seems silly to me and scripturally unwarranted for reasons you lay out.

ADD: For reference, 1500 miles is Washington DC to Denver or Jerusalem to Vienna.

2023/3/13 10:36Profile
BranchinVINE

Australia

Re:

Thanks, Todd

Also, just think of its height.

(I am more familiar with metric measurements.)

It is 2,220 kilometres or 2,220,000 metres high.

Mt Everest is just 8,849 metres high.

It rises far above the Karman Line, the conventional boundary between Earth’s atmosphere and outer space, which is 100 kilometres above Earth’s surface. That is, it extends 2,120 kilometres out into outer space.

Blessings

2023/3/14 8:46Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

Top floor please!

2023/3/14 13:04Profile
BranchinVINE

Australia

Re:

Haha.

Only genetically modified humans need apply.

2023/3/14 23:26Profile
docs

Re:

I was inwardly modified and changed into something I had never been by the new birth. Do I qualify?

2023/3/15 6:12Profile
BranchinVINE

Australia

Re:

Hi docs,

Doctrinally, you would qualify to be part of the New Jerusalem that is the Body of Christ.

Blessings

2023/3/15 11:19Profile
BranchinVINE

Australia

The Lamb and His Bride Constitute the New Jerusalem

THE LAMB AND HIS BRIDE CONSTITUTE THE NEW JERUSALEM

COMMENT:
The Bride is married to the Lamb and is joined to the Lamb and is ONE with the Lamb. They cannot be separated. The Lamb and the Bride together and as ONE is the New Jerusalem, the Holy City, the Temple and Tabernacle of God.

SCRIPTURE:

John 14:20 –
In that day (comment: the Day of Pentecost) you will know that I am in My Father, and you in Me, and I in you.

John 17:11,22-23 –
I am no longer in the world; and yet they themselves are in the world, and I come to You. Holy Father, keep them in Your name, the name which You have given Me, that they may be one even as We are…………that they may be one, just as We are one; I in them and You in Me, that they may be perfected in unity………

Eph. 5:30-32 (KJV) –
For we are members of his body, of his flesh, and of his bones.
For this cause shall a man leave his father and mother, and shall be joined unto his wife, and they two shall be one flesh.
This is a great mystery: but I speak concerning Christ and the church.

Rev. 19:7 –
Let us rejoice and be glad and give the glory to Him, for the marriage of the Lamb has come and His bride has made herself ready.”

Rev. 21:1-3 –
Then I saw a new heaven and a new earth; for the first heaven and the first earth passed away, and there is no longer any sea. And I saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, made ready as a bride adorned for her husband. And I heard a loud voice from the throne, saying, “Behold, the tabernacle of God is among men, and He will dwell among them, and they shall be His people, and God Himself will be among them

Rev. 21:9-10 –
…………… “Come here, I will show you the bride, the wife of the Lamb.”
And he carried me away in the Spirit to a great and high mountain, and showed me the holy city, Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, having the glory of God.

Rev. 21:22-23 –
I saw no temple in it, for the Lord God the Almighty and the Lamb are its temple. And the city has no need of the sun or of the moon to shine on it, for the glory of God has illumined it, and its lamp is the Lamb.

2 Cor. 6:16 (KJV) –
…………for ye are the temple of the living God; as God hath said, I will dwell in them, and walk in them; and I will be their God, and they shall be my people.

Comment:
God’s Temple is the Church or the Body of Christ which is indwelt by God in Christ by the Holy Spirit

2023/3/16 3:13Profile
JFW

Dothan, Alabama

Re: The Lamb and His Bride Constitute the New Jerusalem

Jade you commented ; God’s Temple is the Church or the Body of Christ which is indwelt by God in Christ by the Holy Spirit

This is very much what what I’ve found through mining the Word, yet I could not quite see it till He opened it to me.
My faith could reach and grasp after it, yet I could not lay hold of it until I asked Him for it, and it required me to let go of anything/everything else, even and especially what I had “learned” and had formed opinions on. That itself didn’t occur until I got desperate, so overwhelmingly dissatisfied with the fruit of my efforts that, like a child, I cried out to Him in anguish over the lack of life in it. He alone is the life and light thereof and in His mercy, He spoke a (very) hard word to me… yet His word is life, where else could I go?
Once I ate it, He (His word/flesh) created such a hunger in me that I could not but seek Him for more and (so far) each successive portion has been sweeter and more satisfying (life giving) 🙏🏻
Yesterday while searching out a thing, He led me to 1 Corinthians 15 where I discovered Paul gave a “table of contents” as it were regarding this very thing.
Knowing now, that I have nothing of worth to offer Him ,or anyone, other than that which He Himself has given, I offer this to you -
In this chapter (1Cor15) Paul abridges the whole of it (including Christs reign)
And it is absolutely pregnant with Gods glory ✝️
verses 25-50 are especially so tho the whole of this chapter is quite helpful in illuminating Gods plan of redemption of man.
I hope you find it as edifying as it was for me that we may all grow in the knowledge of God to the fullness of Christ 😇

2023/3/16 8:22Profile
BranchinVINE

Australia

Re:

Thank you, Fletcher.

After I submitted my post, it crossed my mind that what I wrote may be too theoretical to some.

I am therefore glad to read your reply.

It is not wrong to mine God’s written Word. This is a starting place. For how can we believe if we have not heard?

But the written Word we study must ultimately become the Word of Life IN us.

And only the Holy Spirit can give this life and the Holy Spirit will only work in believers who deny themselves, take up the cross, and follow Christ. We cannot do this by any “method” but only by the simple and complete faith “of a little child”, to be nothing so that God can be all in us.

To me, to understand that we are the temple/house of God is where we must begin. It is only as the temple/house of God that we can have God’s own eternal life in us, the life that Adam lost and Christ has regained for us.

For life is received by faith in the name of Jesus:

John 20:31 --
but these have been written so that you may believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God; and that believing you may have life in His name.

And God puts His Name in the house He builds:

2 Sam. 7:12-13 –
When your days are complete and you lie down with your fathers, I will raise up your descendant after you, who will come forth from you, and I will establish his kingdom. He shall build a house for My name, and I will establish the throne of his kingdom forever.

We are that house (Eph. 2:19-22; 1 Pet 2:4-6).

Christ lives in us (Gal. 2:20).

Because Christ lives in us, His life is in us (1 John 5:11-12).

------------------

You mentioned 1 Cor. 15.

Can you outline this “table of contents” you wrote about?

Blessings

2023/3/17 3:12Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy