Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : "Jesus Revolution" film

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread
AbideinHim

Louisiana

Re:

Thanks for posting the video Greg. I watched it a couple of days ago. So many lessons can be learned through the life of Lonnie Frisbee.

Did you catch what Robbie Dawkins said about Asbury? That when the faculty got involved in the revival, that things shifted, and not for the better. This happens every time that man sets his hand to help the Holy Spirit in a move of God.

2023/3/9 11:26Profile
ChrisA

Re:

Mike wrote, "Did you catch what Robbie Dawkins said about Asbury? That when the faculty got involved in the revival, that things shifted, and not for the better. This happens every time that man sets his hand to help the Holy Spirit in a move of God."

God is not weak. "I will work, and who will hinder it?"

In real revivals the conviction of the Holy Spirit is so strong that sinners cry out to our Lord Jesus Christ to be saved, even great distances from where the outpouring is taking place. The devil wants to destroy the work of God. If there are heavenly restraints upon his forces, how could mere man frustrate the work of God (apart from in his own life)? No, real revival is powerful and heavensent. I have read too many firsthand accounts of sweeping revival across the western isles of Scotland from 1949-52, of South Africa from 1966 into the 1970s, of Jamaica in 1860-62, and numerous others. All of these were unstoppable. There were people who resisted God (though they were professing Christians, ironically) and missed out for themselves, but they could not stop the very real presence of God, His manifest holiness, and the conviction of sin and its consequences. Many were ushered into the kingdom of heaven.

The genuine work of God is not fragile or brittle.

2023/3/10 6:00Profile
deogloria

Re:

"The Gospel is preached in it, though sin is mentioned perhaps only once."
If sin isn't mentioned then it isn't the whole Gospel.
"This is a trustworthy saying, worthy of full acceptance: Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners, of whom I am the worst. 16 But for this very reason I was shown mercy, so that in me, the worst of sinners, Christ Jesus might display His perfect patience as an example to those who would believe in Him for eternal life.…(1 Timothy 1:15,16)

"One surprising moment in the movie is an actual audio clip of David Wilkerson (though not attributed to him) in which he said, "We don't need another Bob Dylan style hippie preacher trying to hold onto his old lifestyle at the same time." I have seen old footage of Wilkerson talking to several Haight-Ashbury street preachers in the late '60s who never gave up their drug habits and who flaunted the fact. Wilkerson was flabbergasted,..."

Here is some old footage of David Wilkerson
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qeOb02XzlM0

There is no way I'm spending money to go and watch this film. Instead I donate it to missionaries who preach the full council of God.

2023/3/11 10:48Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

This was a revival. The hippies knew they were sinners and came in droves.

During the Hebrides revival great numbers of people came under conviction of sin without being preached to at all.

That is part of what revival is. When God is manifestly present you are aware of your sin.

What the hippies needed was not to be turned away, which of course is what the movie is about.

2023/3/11 12:42Profile
TrueWitness

Re:

One thing the movie did not really touch on too much was the 'house ministries' where these young believers lived and were discipled. The fruit that developed from these house ministries has been tremendous. Pastor Steve Carr who was there at Calvary Chapel discusses these ministries and the great fruit that followed. I am going to start the video where he discusses this in the link below but watch from 23:41 to 32:38.

https://youtu.be/WYTX04fZk2o?t=1422

-Daniel

2023/3/11 13:26Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy