SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Revivals And Church History : Does Revival Have time Limits? by Brent Williamson

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Does Revival Have time Limits? by Brent Williamson

Both of my daughters have been to the Asbury revival many times each.
They absolutely love being there!
They want to keep going back. They love the fact that there’s NO time limit on the service. And they can just bask in His presence

When my wife and I were at the Asbury revival last time there was a married couple behind us that we prayed with.
They found out we were ministers and began sharing with us how they were from Tennessee, and went to a church that was so overly programmed.

The husband said to me with all sincerity “how does our church get away from this time limit”?
First of all…wow what a question!
I paused for a moment because there’s just NO easy answer, or at least an answer most of us don’t want to hear. And there’s just no clever way of saying It.

It sounded like his church was large.
I said in so many words…honestly the leadership of the church needs to come to a revelation that they don’t want church as usual anymore.
They need to gather themselves together and individually cry out to God.

They need to learn to WAIT on the Lord for themselves…often!
Because if the leadership doesn’t wait on the Lord how can they expect their congregation to wait on the Lord??
I also told them that waiting on the Lord includes fasting, because it tells the Lord that we are serious and hungry for Him and Him alone

They agreed, but it’s not an easy answer because the enemy isn’t going to be stopped by a casual pursuit after God.
I wanted to share so much more with them but only had a couple minutes to share as the service went back into a time of worship.

The problem is far too many preachers want change, but fail to change anything.
Many years ago I was one of the speakers at a big conference on revival…when I walked into the “green room” where all the speakers were hanging out they were eating and laughing, and we were all there to tell a thousand people about how to have revival.

My heart was so grieved…no one was praying or waiting on God while the congregation was waiting to hear about how to have revival.

The problem is these men in the green room like many church leaders, are far too confident in their knowledge on revival than actually living out revival!
To all the pastors and church leaders who are reading this as the scripture says…

“it’s time to seek the Lord”.
There is no real formula for revival except to WAIT on Him, Because revival is supposed to be ALL about Jesus.

2023/2/18 12:50Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re: Does Revival Have time Limits? by Brent Williamson

“it’s time to seek the Lord”.
There is no real formula for revival except to WAIT on Him, Because revival is supposed to be ALL about Jesus.

It is time to press into the Lord saints.

2023/2/20 9:34Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy