SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Having a child while living in fornication

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
Jeffereydani

Having a child while living in fornication

I am a believer and have been a single dad for 12 years. Before I was a Christian I lived with my daughters mom for 2 1/2 years. We were engaged. But she changed her mind and we were never married. I have been confused when some people have said we were married in Gods eyes, and sometimes I thought I could not marry. I know this was not true. We lived in sin. This hurt both my daughter and i. Was there any in my situation in the early church and wonder how they would handle it. Thoughts prayers and encouragement would be great!

2023/2/18 9:43Profile
murrcolr

Scotland, UK

Re: Having a child while living in fornication

Jefferey

Everyone is “conceived in sin" everyone has "lived in Sin"

We are born sinners, living in sin.

David realized this fact and expressed it as having been conceived in sin in Psalm 51:5.

All humans are similarly conceived in sin; that is, we all have this inbred sin nature.

The good news is that there is a solution to this problem. In Adam we die, but in Christ we live. “For if, by the trespass of the one man, death reigned through that one man, how much more will those who receive God’s abundant provision of grace and of the gift of righteousness reign in life through the one man, Jesus Christ!” (Romans 5:17).

2023/2/18 15:22Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re: Having a child while living in fornication

Sin always brings with it difficulties and regrets at some level as you have shared. Whatever the early church did - to me seems irrelevant - is a bit immaterial because throughout history the church had to deal with sin and it ain't funny. You may read 1Corinthians for some insight - the church at Corinth had issues hence Paul's letter to them addressing issues they had.

If you do a word study on the definition of fornication, adultery you will learn it means having sex with someone you are not married to. (Homosexuality was taboo - read Romans 1). May I suggest you allow the WORD to teach you and let the Holy Spirit give you direction on your current situation.

It is encouraging to hear/read of someone who has been involved in immorality to be concerned about their past and where do I go from here? God is very interested in you - more then you are, don't forget that. Jesus died for you, He paid a price to redeem you. Walk with Him; immerse yourself in his WORD. If you don't understand something, get frustrated tell Him - he will listen and take your honest questions seriously. God bless you.

Sandra

2023/2/24 21:27Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy