SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Asbury Revival: Will Believers Recognize Its Legitimacy?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
PosterThread
ChrisA

Re:

Back in 1970 there was a wonderful, unexpected move of God amongst the student body at Asbury (Methodist) university in Wilmore, Kentucky, USA:

https://www.asbury.edu/about/spiritual-vitality/1970-revival/

I would like the think the current activity there is of God, and not merely young people trying to "jumpstart" something on their own, since revival had indeed come there 53 years ago, and it had spread to other churches, missionaries went forth, etc.

We'll see what comes of this. May God bless everyone who truly seeks His face.

2023/2/14 18:42Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Brothers and sisters, let's not worry about fruit one year later but ask God today: "Am I in my full first love with Jesus Today?" This revival is a chance to ask ourselves this question and respond to God.

2023/2/14 23:38Profile
AbideinHim

Louisiana

Re:

If we are not on fire for Jesus now, we will miss what God is doing in and through these young people at Ashbury College.

The fire is spreading, and we can fan the flame through prayer and testimony.

There has always been those in the. Church that have criticized revival when it comes, and this student led revival is no different.

Jesus, not man, is being exalted in this revival. The presence of God is manifested in all true revivals, and testimonies are abundant from people of all age groups, that once they have entered the chapel at Ashbury experienced the presence and refreshing of the Holy Spirit.

Let revival begin in us, and may it spread to our churches, and in our communities. The fields are ripe for harvest, and our prayer is that God would send laborers to bring in a great harvest of souls.

2023/2/15 5:47Profile
AbideinHim

Louisiana

Re:

“ What I love about this Asbury revival in Kentucky is that it is nameless and faceless. It’s not about personalities. It’s just people getting desperate for God. It’s Day #7 and the worship continues. Lord let this hunger come to every church, and let it spill into the streets.”

Lee Grady - Charisma Magazine

“Y’all are gonna want to hear this about the asbury revival

A celebrity worship leader called the university, you know them, and asked what they could do. The university answered, “you’re welcome to come! We’ve got worship covered”

Who’s leading worship right now? The students”

From Elijah

2023/2/15 6:30Profile
JFW

Dothan, Alabama

Re: we are one body

If we are to pray for those members in bonds as tho we were also, shouldn’t we also rejoice with those members who are rejoicing … we are one body with Christ as our head -

Even Jesus had a Judas in His midst but it didn’t stop the work/plan of God,… so rather than worry or even concern ourselves with wether there are tares being sown… perhaps we’d better glorify God by simply beholding, by praising and worshipping His Son, thanking Him for the lives that have been eternally changed already through this move of His spirit 🙏🏻

Remember we are each lively stones building up a spiritual temple where our God can dwell on earth with His people,… we see Him inhabiting the praises of His people In Asbury, Rejoice ! I say rejoice and be exceedingly glad, continue to pray that His spirit would draw people that they may taste and see that the Lord is good 😇
Pray for those whom are in charge of administrating the campus that the Lord would give them great grace, that they might see and know how He jealously watches over His flock not wanting any to perish but all to come unto repentance, even forsaking the 99 to go save the 1 ✝️

2023/2/15 8:08Profile
JFW

Dothan, Alabama

Re: witness

Update:

Had a close friend, a sister in Christ, and a client return early yesterday from Asbury where they had been for 3days and arrived for an appointment with me-

Firstly when she walked in, she appeared radiant and looked very different from the last time I’d seen her. She and her family have gone through a season of very difficult trials and attacks and it had begun to show in their physical appearance yet now all evidence of that season was gone and in its place a deep abiding peace,…rest 🙏🏻

She testified that while she and her husband wanted to go and join in worship but their business was extremely busy and there was just no way they could leave it to go. That evening (Sunday) while in prayer she stated the Lord brought a verse to her mind “it is easier for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter His kingdom” … this shook her as their business has boomed over the past several years and they have been financially enriched- after telling her husband, he decided they should cancel everything they had scheduled w/their business and travel to Kentucky to attend this move of God in Asbury.

She said it was not as she expected, tho admittedly wasn’t sure what to expect-
But that it was organically organized with little need of administrative assistance. The biggest obstacle was accommodating all the people that kept coming. The main chapel as well as three additional chapels were filled to overflow and when they left to go eat, that they staff had been moved to set up audio speakers out on the lawn, where even more people had gathered singing and waiting for hours to get in one of the services, so that they could also hear and take part as much as possible.

She said she had not only met people from across the country but several people that had flown in from as far away as Singapore.
No strange events other than a woman who had a seizure during the service, who while they waited for her to receive medical attention, had an unclean spirit cast out (immediately returning her to calm) by another attendee whom with a loud voice cast out this demon. With the worship leader addressing the assembly, reminding them not to get distracted by this but to stay focused on Jesus.

She testified that due to the unexpected timing of this move of God that it did seem at time unorganized due to the ever increasing crowds and the college staff seeking to accommodate/include them in various places on campus.

She testified that it was difficult to put into words (and she is very verbal) but that there was a deep peace, great humility and reverence on this event , she herself had been set at peace and was very quiet and meek.

She said they may return this weekend if is continuing because she didn’t want to leave 🙏🏻

Hope that helps to clarify the details of what’s taking place 😇

2023/2/16 8:34Profile
CofG

Cambodia

Re:

I'm a firm believer in the outpouring of the Holy Spirit. I have had weekly meetings in my home that don't last days but hours where I can honestly testify to a palpable and tangible presence of God on a weekly basis. Prophesy, tongues, words of knowledge, conviction, repentance, supernatural joy and love. So please don't take this the wrong way.

I have watched interviews of people attending and watched the gatherings live. I believe God is present in the worship. I am less convinced of unction in the speakers. Nonetheless, I am thankful to see the hunger in hearts for God !!!

However, I am now confused about what revival is. I know that this has probably been covered a thousand times on this site. Is there a consensus of what it is ? Is it duration? Of course it is revelation and manifestation. I have heard a-lot and read all the reports of various revivals in history.
How does this one compare or relate ?

Let me tell you my issue on this. I suggest that all gatherings can have manifestations of God's presence....even extraordinary manifestations on a regular basis. How is "revival" different than say the church in my home experiencing the real presence of God (gifts, love, joy and repentance) or the experience of the real presence of God (huge outpouring of brotherly love, gifts, etc) in the church in Acts and the church in Corinth experiencing the strong presence of God (gifts, building up, conviction) in gatherings ?

To me, after watching and listening to much at Asbury, I see a great presence of God at times in worship, sustained prayer and a hunger of people to come and see. That is great! Is it revival ? IF so, I'm fine with that. It seems that some people have been hoping a long time for some pervasive outpouring in the last days that they are hoping "this is that" and even calling this that quickly. I guess it all comes down to what God has promised or what we hope.

I am praying for this hunger for God to spread and as always, praying that people experience the deep love and joy regularly in the presence of God at love feasts. Just not quite sure how to call this event. And please, don't judge my comments as me being a killjoy or negative. Just trying to understand what is happening versus what people hope is happening. The proliferation of reporting on this event is great unless the truth of what it is results in less than people are predicting and reporting.

Hope my thoughts make sense. Maybe my not being there in person is clouding and blocking my perspective. Of course that would also be true then of everyone who isn't there.

2023/2/17 9:37Profile
InTheLight

Phoenix, Arizona USA

Re: Asbury Revival: Will Believers Recognize Its Legitimacy?

So encouraged by all of this, especially for these young men and women seeking God. Let us continue to pray for the Spirit to cause this work to abound.

I am reminded of something that DeVern Fronke said about revival;

...and we read of the darkest hour in Israel's history during the period of the Judges. They cried out to the Lord, and with each new judge that He raised up there was a bit of revival, but I believe that this would teach us that mere reviving is not the real answer. God must awaken His people to be alive to His larger purpose, not merely awakenings and revivings for themselves."

In Christ,

2023/2/17 17:45Profile
ChrisA

Re:

I've heard it said that all of the ingredients for revival are found in Acts chapter 2. I've also heard that all genuine revivals are characterised by two things: the sovereignty of God and the preparation of the human vessel. The latter category is our responsibility, for God will move when He chooses to move, as man cannot force His hand.

2023/2/17 17:48Profile
BranchinVINE

Australia

Re:

2023/2/18 1:17Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy