SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : How many agree that Joseph son of Jacob is a messianic pix of Christ?

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
Thicket2

Alabama

How many agree that Joseph son of Jacob is a messianic pix of Christ?

In Gen. 30-50 The life of Joseph amazingly parallels with the life of Jesus. love to hear opinions. If you show any examples please show only one to give others a chance to show (one). good news there is proof.

2023/2/4 22:32Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re: How many agree that Joseph son of Jacob is a messianic pix of Christ?

The story of Joseph as given in Genesis (chapters 37 to 50) is perennially fresh and delightful. Young and old alike revel in it. Looked at as an old-world picture of customs and people long-since vanished, there is a freshness and charm about it that stirs the heart and holds our attention in a remarkable way.

But in studying Scripture there is not only the literal application, which is always important, but every part of the Word of God has a spiritual, typical, and dispensational application as well, and in Joseph's character and experience we have a wonderful type of our Lord Jesus Christ. Ordinarily when we speak of any individual in the Old Testament being a type of Christ, we refer to what he is officially, and not to his personal character. David, for instance, in his official capacity is a striking type of our Saviour; Solomon, too, as the king of peace typifies Him who is yet to reign as King of kings and Lord of lords; but neither of these men could be said to typify Christ in their personal characters. With Joseph it is otherwise. His life shines forth from the pages of Holy Scripture as practically flawless. It is not indeed that he was actually sinless, for he had in himself the same corrupt nature that any other child of Adam has, but it has not pleased God to speak of any flaws or blemishes which His holy eye may have discerned in this devoted servant, but He has rather emphasized his faithfulness and practical godliness.

Joseph, A Type of Christ by Harry Ironside
https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/articles/index.php?view=article&aid=41709

2023/2/4 23:15Profile
Thicket2

Alabama

Re: How many agree that Joseph son of Jacob is a messianic pix of Christ?

I appreciate the first post to this Joseph study. I was hopeful that others would reply with a parallel that they knew to confirm this awesome Joseph. I am going to excite people by giving a first reply of a parallel.

Joseph when he interpreted Pharaoh dream, was called a man with the Spirit of God Gen. 41:38 v.45 Pharaoh gave him a glorious name. This was because he would give all people the bread of life v54. we can see here 1. identify with Jesus who was filled with the Spirit Matt 3: 2. Jesus is a glorious name 3. Jn. 6:34-38 both give the bread of life. Of coarse Joseph is a type and Jesus is the spiritual bread of life. It looks like all can partake of the bread and cup not just the pope. I find Messianic shadows and types as a great evangelistic tool and some even get born again.

I hope some learn something new today from this post

2023/2/6 21:06Profile
docs

Re:

I agree. There are rich treasures here concerning the parallel between Joseph, Jesus, and the Jewish people.

2023/2/9 3:44Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy