SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : live without sin

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
Jhonny97or

live without sin

If it is not possible to live without sinning, then what is the use of living?

2023/1/23 17:16Profile
Jhonny97or

Re: live without sin

If it is not possible to live without sin, then what good is the gospel of Christ?

2023/1/23 17:30Profile
davidkeel

West Sussex, England

Re:

She will give birth to a Son, and you shall name Him Jesus (The LORD is salvation), for He will save His people from their sins.”
Luke 1 v 21

2023/1/23 20:23Profile
twayneb

Joplin, Missouri

Re: live without sin

I guess I believe it really boils down to this. Are we made sinners because we committed actions of sin, or did we commit actions of sin because we were sinners? The actions of sin came as a result of the thing called sin that dwelled in us due to the fall of man. One really good study is to look at Romans 6-8 and carefully consider each time a noun is translated as sin and each time a verb is translated as sin. One is the indwelling body of sin that was from the fall. The other are the actions of man that align or do not align with the character and nature of God. Paul says that the body is dead because of sin but the spirit is alive because of righteousness. But just one chapter previous Paul says that the body of sin has been put to death in us and that we are totally free from sin...so don't yield to it anymore.

Will I ever come to a place in this life where the flesh (body, mind, will, and emotions) never again causes me to miss the mark? I would say, from what I read in scripture, no. Will I grow in holiness to be more like Him as I commune with Him through the right standing (righteousness) that has been imputed to me? Absolutely!!! And that means I should find myself sinning (missing the mark) less and less as I grow in Him. But the problem of indwelling sin (the body of sin as Paul called it) has been dealt with in the rebirth. I no longer am compelled to commit sins, and I don't have to be under bondage to sin any more.

2023/1/23 20:37Profile
drifter

Campbell River, B.C.

Re:

Charles Finney said he met a woman who said she hadn't sinned in over 30 years (and he believed her). I think it's possible to come to a place where you're so close to Jesus, being totally obedient, that you won't want any of the pig slop of the world, the flesh and the devil anymore.

As for me, yes, I miss the mark sometimes. But it's something I'll never be okay with. I will never, ever make peace with any kind of sin.

"Forasmuch then as Christ hath suffered for us in the flesh, arm yourselves likewise with the same mind: for he that hath suffered in the flesh hath ceased from sin; that he no longer should live the rest of his time in the flesh to the lusts of men, but to the will of God." 1 Peter 4:1,2

2023/1/24 21:57Profile
passerby

Re:

Luke 1:6 And they were both righteous before God, walking blamelessly in all the commandments and statutes of the Lord.

Righteous vs blameless vs sinless, do they mean 100% the same.

2023/1/25 5:24Profile
murrcolr

Scotland, UK

Re:

Quote: If it is not possible to live without sin, then what good is the gospel of Christ?

Phil 2:14-16 Do all things without grumbling or disputing, that you may be blameless and innocent, children of God without blemish in the midst of a crooked and twisted generation, among whom you shine as lights in the world, holding fast to the word of life, so that in the day of Christ I may be proud that I did not run in vain or labor in vain.

Blameless,innocent and without blemish.

Blameless - amemptos - blameless, deserving no censure (Tertullian irreprehensibilis), free from fault or defect.

Innocent - akeraios - unmixed, pure, as wine, metals, without admixture of evil, free from guile, innocent, simple.

Blemish - imperfection or bodily deformity excluding men from the priesthood, and rendering animals unfit to be offered in sacrifice.

The scripture lays it out so plainly: Blameless,innocent and without blemish.

Now the next queastion is why the church doesn't believe it?

2023/1/28 17:27Profile
AbideinHim

Louisiana

Re:

The gospel of Jesus Christ is good news because we are forgiven for our sins, and not only that, we are set free from the power of sin. As we grow in the Lord we usually don’t have such a problem with the outward sins , but what the Lord is doing is revealing to us, the motives of our heart .

I realize more and more that there is nothing good in me, but Christ, and without the grace of God working in me, I am apt to really make a mess of things.

How do we explain these two scriptures that seem to contradict one another?

“No one who is born of God practices sin, because His seed abides in him; and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.” (1 John 3.9)

“If we say that we have no sin, we are deceiving ourselves and the truth is not in us.”
(1 John 1:8)

2023/1/28 20:00Profile
passerby

Re:

1 john 1:8 & 3:9.

I guess it is one of the nuances of bible translations, if one will read for example, the entire 1 John using ESV, a lot of confusion can be enlightened.

Reading them in isolation would be a mental trap.

2023/1/29 7:55Profile
AbideinHim

Louisiana

Re:

I believe that the correct translation of (1 John 3:9) would be that those that are born of God does not habitually practice sin. I like the Amplified translation.

“No one who is born of God [deliberately, knowingly, and habitually] practices sin, because God’s seed [His principle of life, the essence of His righteous character] remains [permanently] in him [who is born again—who is reborn from above—spiritually transformed, renewed, and set apart for His purpose]; and he [who is born again] cannot habitually [live a life characterized by] sin, because he is born of God and longs to please Him.”

2023/1/29 10:04Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy