SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Call to Prayer Broadcast; Horror -Psalm 119:53; Prayer Targets

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Call to Prayer Broadcast; Horror -Psalm 119:53; Prayer Targets

Greetings,
"Horror hath taken hold upon me because of the wicked that forsake Thy law." Psalm 119:53

Multiple things are in motion right now for the first part of this new year in regards to prayer. The above verse is one of those verses, that the Lord God has given me to continue to use as a catalyst to my calls to prayer and my own prayer life. Too much evil has continued to come in, in the first two weeks of this year. Death and dying is rampaging at great levels. And that requires a greater response from the church to wrestle against this and prevail. I have set two dates for a special broadcast and day of prayer.
1. Call to Prayer --- Prevail in Prayer will be a broadcast on January 28; from 1 PM to 9 PM EST for SBC; we will have 6 speakers sharing of this message as the Lord leads them. It is my desire to put this broadcast out there to reach as many as we can, for the sake of prayer being a priority among our churches, personal prayer life and SBC life. Driving me is this phrase, the Lord gave me years ago - 'the hour is late, the need is great; pray so as to prevail.'

2. A National Day of Prayer - gather of 9 speakers from across the prayer movement of our day to bring this same challenge for the church to become houses of prayer and Christians to be men and women of prayer. Oh, what a difference the kingdom of God would be if we returned to a spirit of prayer among the brethren. Far too many leave off, come short, and confess the absence and weakness of their prayer life. This day will be an encouragement and emphasis to put prayer back at priority for our relationship and service to Him. This will be (tentatively) March 11 - 9 AM - 9 PM (EST) We will announce this more as the speakers begin to fill in.

DEVOTION/COMMENTARY:

What was the last thing that horrified you? Strictly, spiritually speaking, the wicked, their brazenness, the increase of abominations and the evil unfolding is horrifying. I don't know of many that pray this way, that they are horrified of these things happening. One would think there would be a little more fervency and urgency in their prayer knowing such things. As I have had time to chew on it a little, and meditate, I believe it all comes down to this that horrifies me most: "it is bringing us to our final judgement as a nation.' And do not think that simply because God will destroy the nation, that the church, or our families will go untouched. 'Judgement begins at the house of God.' Far too long, the sins and abominations of this nation, of the church, and of our families have not horrified us. Even though, we know the wrath, anger and judgement of God and its severity in Scripture and history. How can any one read the accounts of Scripture, know the history of nations, empires and leaders and not know what God is going to do to us.

Some where along the line, many in the church and the pulpits have forgotten the horrors of hell. They have forgotten the judgements of God. They read Deuteronomy 28, the chapter of blessings and curses; and they only read the first 14 verses, and neglect the next 53 verses, the curses. And in this society, where everyone that dies, they falsely claim that everyone goes to heaven; we would rather believe that, than the Luke 16 of the rich man and Lazarus. In our lifetime, look and consider the erosion of our society, the family, the home, our morals, and the church. There is no one that ever thought that 20 years ago, we would be dealing with such evil as we are in our present day.

However, there is a remnant that knows the certainty of Who God is and what God is able to do. 'Suddenly' He can change it all, and change it all for His glory. Real revival can do that! I have to define revival in these days, as praying for 'real revival'; because there have been too many false revivals. The evidence of real revival, is that the community and churches are changed drastically. For most that are called revivals, go back and check them after 6 months to 18 months and see what remains. These false revivals, have a witness of being worse off in attendance, salvations, holiness and deepening their walk with God. As the old saying goes, "proof is in the puddin'"; and the evidence will bear proof of what was said. There is no room or grounds for hypocrisy in this.

It is to seek, through this catalyst of horror to move ourselves to desperation. Desperate to see lost loved ones saved before its eternally too late. Desperate to see those 150,000 that die every day without Christ reached before this happens. Desperate to see a change in our nation, cities, homes and churches. and horror, to know what will happen if God does to help us and come among us with His Manifest Presence. Prayer meetings that go on all night, and not satisfied until God assures by His Spirit, 'not only have I heard you, but I will answer you." Too many content that they prayed, and that God has heard. But we need God to fulfill His promise of Jeremiah 33:3. The horror of it all, if He doesn't.

O God, deliver us from wickedness; deliver us from evil. Give victory over all this which is anti-Christ. Help us, O God, for the godly man has perished and the wicked flourish. Give power through the anointing of Your Holy Ghost upon Your church. Precious Christ and Lord, breath on us and fill us with the Holy Ghost, as you did in John 20 and Acts 2. We can't go on without You in fullness. And forgive us, that for far too long we have been stagnant, content, lethargic and trying to do Your kingdoms business without Your Spirit. "Not by might, nor by power, but by My Spirit, saith the Lord."

PRAYER TARGETS:
--pray for our small community, the first two weeks of this year has proven a great assault of evil; a young 13 yr old, suicide; a young man drug overdose death, grandfather a local pastor, I've known this family all of my life.
--nationally God's judgement is pouring out upon us; we have already had 4 mass murders. AS I shared with you before, something changed in September of 2022; and then we had 9 mass murders in October and 6 in November, highest ever.
--although many are doing 21 days of prayer and fasting, we still are not seeing a more penitent repentance by the church before the Lord; where is the desperate cry as the evil is pouring out on our cities and homes and churches;
--natural disasters - strong storms and deaths in the south; strong storms, relieving the drought conditions in the west, but replaced with horrific flooding;
--economic collapse is imminent now;

'A CALL TO PRAYER --- PREVAIL IN PRAYER' - set aside to reach SBC churches, state conventions, associations, pastors and laity; Jan. 28, from 1 PM (EST) through 9 PM; 6 speakers

Also on MARCH 11, another broadcast for national prayer leaders and emphasis; same theme and 9 speakers for a full day of broadcasting and setting prayer as our priority for this hour.

Please be in prayer for both of these days and the speakers. May God give ears to hear what the Spirit is saying for these days.

Until,
Dan

https://www.brokenbeforethethrone.com

2023/1/17 12:34Profile
AbideinHim

Louisiana

Re: Call to Prayer Broadcast; Horror -Psalm 119:53; Prayer Targets

"However, there is a remnant that knows the certainty of Who God is and what God is able to do. 'Suddenly' He can change it all, and change it all for His glory. Real revival can do that! I have to define revival in these days, as praying for 'real revival'; because there have been too many false revivals. The evidence of real revival, is that the community and churches are changed drastically. For most that are called revivals, go back and check them after 6 months to 18 months and see what remains. These false revivals, have a witness of being worse off in attendance, salvations, holiness and deepening their walk with God. As the old saying goes, "proof is in the puddin'"; and the evidence will bear proof of what was said. There is no room or grounds for hypocrisy in this."

2023/1/18 13:23Profile
AbideinHim

Louisiana

Re: Call to Prayer Broadcast; Horror -Psalm 119:53; Prayer Targets

"However, there is a remnant that knows the certainty of Who God is and what God is able to do. 'Suddenly' He can change it all, and change it all for His glory. Real revival can do that! I have to define revival in these days, as praying for 'real revival'; because there have been too many false revivals. The evidence of real revival, is that the community and churches are changed drastically. For most that are called revivals, go back and check them after 6 months to 18 months and see what remains. These false revivals, have a witness of being worse off in attendance, salvations, holiness and deepening their walk with God. As the old saying goes, "proof is in the puddin'"; and the evidence will bear proof of what was said. There is no room or grounds for hypocrisy in this."

2023/1/18 13:24Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy