SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival
20 Years SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : 2 Timothy 3:5 having a form of godliness but denying its power. And from such people turn away!

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
deltadom

Hemel Hempstead

2 Timothy 3:5 having a form of godliness but denying its power. And from such people turn away!

I was convicted of this verse and i am such a sinner
I dont want just a form of godliness and not to deny the power there of

2 Timothy 3:5
having a form of godliness but denying its power. And from such people turn away!

Matthew 15:8
‘These people draw near to Me with their mouth, And honor Me with their lips, But their heart is far from Me.

Mark 7:6
He answered and said to them, “Well did Isaiah prophesy of you hypocrites, as it is written: ‘This people honors Me with their lips, But their heart is far from Me.

I wish my heart could be so close to god , and I want my heart to be close to god but it feels a billion miles away

2023/1/16 15:30Profile
brothagary

Re: 2 Timothy 3:5 having a form of godliness but denying its power. And from such peo

Brother, I received grace after a long period of dryness, by learning to genuinely pray for and love Christians like benni hinn , I had to learn that they all need the grace that I need and that I am no more entitled to it than them. Pray earnestly for those who you think are wrong as you do for yourself, consider all one body. Let the brokenness in you become the spirit of intercession, weep for all men even your enemies and put yourself in the same boat and become the one who stands in the gap with tears, let that become your ministry, put aside debating reject it in favor of blessing others, leave that job for those who are called or in fivefold office, cry for the filling of the spirit and the souls of men.

2023/1/16 17:31Profile
brothagary

Re:

1 cor2'3 I was with you in weakness, in fear, and in much trembling. 4 And my speech and my preaching were not with persuasive words of human wisdom, but in demonstration of the Spirit and of power, 5 that your faith should not be in the wisdom of men but in the power of God. Brother my experience of dryness also came from denying the apostolic power of the miraculous gifts and other gifts in people who practiced them because I disagreed with their theology, I threw the baby out with bath water. This is similar to what many Jews did to Jesus. We can't operate in power and the grace that is part of the power when we have denied the power and grace in others. This practice of denial, rejection unbelief, will hinder prayers, quench and even grieve the holy spirit, and Stifel revival.

2023/1/16 18:33Profile
twayneb

Joplin, Missouri

Re: 2 Timothy 3:5 having a form of godliness but denying its power. And from such peo

Dominic: If I relied on how my heart feels to determine my relationship with God, I would be a mess. My emotions cannot be trusted. But I do know that I have been made near by the blood of Jesus. I have free access to the Holy of Holies in the heavenlies. I can come boldly into His presence no matter how I feel. Don't trust how you feel, and don't get set off the tracks because of what you have or have not done, good or bad. Lift your head and hands to heaven and praise Him for what He has done for you until your feelings catch up with the truth.

Bless you Brother!

2023/1/23 20:45Profile
Lysa

This world is not my home anymore.

Quote:
by deltadom on 2023/1/16 15:30:45

I was convicted of this verse and i am such a sinner
I dont want just a form of godliness and not to deny the power there of

2 Timothy 3:5
having a form of godliness but denying its power. And from such people turn away!

Matthew 15:8
‘These people draw near to Me with their mouth, And honor Me with their lips, But their heart is far from Me.

Mark 7:6
He answered and said to them, “Well did Isaiah prophesy of you hypocrites, as it is written: ‘This people honors Me with their lips, But their heart is far from Me.

I wish my heart could be so close to god, and I want my heart to be close to god but it feels a billion miles away

Dominic,

What if I were to tell you that you the Father is NOT unhappy with you?! Just because you are not happy with you does not equate that God is unhappy with you, does that make sense? For you to do that brings Him down on a human beings level and He is NOT a human being.

It may be a whole new paradigm for you to see that Jesus loves you, He does not condemn you, He is not out to keep good things from you, He wants to bless you and He wants you to know HIM and He is not a billion miles away!

He wants you confident IN HIM but the enemy lies to you about your state and you hear his voice instead of God's voice.

God bless you, Dominic,
Lisa

2023/1/24 9:59Profile
davidkeel

West Sussex, England

The God I've been dealing with all through my Christian life.. He chastises and rebukes me when I fall out of line.
It's a sign you've really discovered God when this happens

2023/1/24 12:14Profile

©2002-2023 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy