Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Devotional Thoughts : UNIVERSAL HATRED FOR SIN

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
BruisedReed3

Nigeria

UNIVERSAL HATRED FOR SIN

TEXT: JAMES 2:10

'For whosoever shall keep the whole law, and yet offend in one point, he is guilty of all.!
'
Hatred for sin must be total, entire and universal; our mortal blows must not be directed only on some sins; anything sinful must be frowned on. If any sin is loved, practiced and allowed, in the mind of God, all sins have been committed thereby. There is all sins in every sin: sin is, as it were, like a mystic body, once a part is cherished, it is deemed all the members are loved. We cannot love a man's face and pretend to hate his hand. He who claims to hate one sin but nurses and cherishes another kind of sin, has committed all sins. When Haman discovers that Mordecai refuses to bow to him, '...he thought it scorn to lay hands on Mordecai alone...' (Esther 3:6) You see, Haman reasoned that in dealing with Mordecai, he must deal with all his kinsmen and kinswomen. Friends, hatred for sin must be to all kindred of sin. Many are they, who love to indulge in one sin, but find it evil to be seen breaking another principle of God: such deceive but themselves. If all sins be not hated, none is considered hated. A violation of one commandment, is a violation of all; a wound or injury on any holy rule, is an injury to all moral laws. God sees no compliance with His law in any man, who offends in one though he keeps all. All the commandments are like chains of a pearl; if one be removed, the rest fall apart. Like the human body, if the eyes are pricked or gauged out, all the members would feel it. The commandment of God are connected one to another: the dead of one, is the dead of all; they do not have Separate life but a shared and single life, they cannot be separated. It is liken to the challenge Goliath places before Saul and all Israel: 'And he stood and cried unto the armies of Israel, and said unto them, Why are ye come out to set your battle in array? am not I a Philistine, and ye servants to Saul? choose you a man for you, and let him come down to me./ If he be able to fight with me, and to kill me, then will we be your servants: but if I prevail against him, and kill him, then shall ye be our servants, and serve us.' 1 Sam. 17:8-9 If a man love any sin, he loves all sin: he that can impudently commit a sin, can commit any sin; God deems him capable of all sins, that can bed and board with any one sin. We must labour against all sins!

2023/1/14 2:28Profile
narrowpath

Germany NRW

Re: UNIVERSAL HATRED FOR SIN

Amen and amen!

2023/1/14 3:51Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy