SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Articles and Sermons : REPLACING THE HOLY SPIRIT - Francis Schaeffer

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 REPLACING THE HOLY SPIRIT - Francis Schaeffer

“… I must say that it does seem to me that so often organization becomes a means to an end in itself. So often it takes so much energy to turn over all the machinery that the work never gets finished. And so often we put the machinery in the place of the Holy Spirit, feeling that if we can just get organized enough then the thing is sure to go on and be successful.

Of course, this is all very wrong, and not only wrong but wicked. We must realize that it is only the Holy Spirit Who can give the power, and we must realize that the only motivation which pleases our dear Lord is our love for Him. Merely keeping machinery turning , getting all mixed up in the self-aggrandizement that often goes with a large organization, completely casts aside this primary motive of love to the Lord and dependence then on the one source of true Christian power—-the Holy Spirit.”

2023/1/13 12:43Profile
AbideinHim

Louisiana

Re: REPLACING THE HOLY SPIRIT - Francis Schaeffer

I heard a story about a Chinese man that was in the underground church. I believe he was a pastor. He came to the United States and attended a church service, and his comment was that he was amazed at how good you can do church without the Holy Spirit. That is not the exact words, but that’s the jest of what he said.

Revivals have come to an end when men attempted to organize the move of God and grieved the Spirit of God.

2023/1/14 19:54Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy