Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Devotional Thoughts : ...MAKE ME LIKE MANNA...PT IV

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
BruisedReed3

Nigeria

...MAKE ME LIKE MANNA...PT IV

TEXT: EXODUS 16:15

The meaning of manna is, 'what is this?' When the people saw this substance, they asked among themselves what it is. Moses answered their question by telling them that it was the bread that God has given them to eat.

It is clearly observable that the answer to their question was given by moses not by the manna itself. The manna did not say, 'I am the bread sent from the presence of God to deal with your hunger! Eat me now or you would die of hunger!' It never introduce itself. The uncertainties that surrounded it were not cleared by its own defence and opinions.

The manna did not enter into long description of itself to the people: it just kept mute and silence. It took moses to introduce what it is to them. The manna did not rush into introduction of itself but allowed moses to do that. Our Lord allowed John the baptist to introduce Him.

What is usually our reaction when men question and suspect our authority and usefulness. How do we feel when our fellow believes ask, 'who are you?' 'What do you think you are doing?' Please can we know you?' What about when you are ignored? The natural tendency is to start formal introduction. 'Am a prophet and a teacher of the ecumenical church: I have so and so degree &c.

Bread does not introduce itself, the maker is in charge of this duty. Oh how we long to be known in the church by our own mouths!

It was moses that answered their inquiries. Moses is a type of Christ. A man that is actually sent from heaven, with the dew of heaven upon his life, does not make noise about himself. He Waits for Jesus to persuade His church to give him acceptance. God sent the manna, moses persuaded the people that same was a bread.

Only God can persuade His church to look upon a man as His servant to the church. Pushing oneself on a people, amounts to nothing, it breeds suspicion and rancour. Our moses must say to the church about us, This is the bread that God Has given to you to eat.' As if he means to say, 'Don't be afraid of this substance, be relaxed, feel free and be at home with this, it would not harm you and yours: it is from God, your God!'

Thus were the doubt over the manna cleared. Their question did no spring from unbelief: it was an honest question. They obeyed John by testing every spirit.

Brothers and sisters, let us quit disquietening ourselves over every question hanging over our services for God and refer all to Jesus. Let Him answer every enquiring over our lives. be continued.

2023/1/5 23:43Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy