SermonIndex - Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival
20 Years SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Articles and Sermons : Does God Heal Everyone

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
FranklinB

Does God Heal Everyone

Does God heal everyone, let's examine that question. And once again you need to understand God's meaning of healing. In the gospels the words heal, healed, healing in The Strong's Concordance is #2323 and it means-to relieve(of disease)-cure, heal. Don't just look at that by the flesh. Because, if you do you will most likely miss it. God's word says in Isaiah 53:4, "Surely he hath borne our griefs(sicknesses and diseases) and carried our sorrows(pains and afflictions). He's talking about what Jesus would do when he came and sacrificed himself for us. For him to bear ours that means ours had to be removed from us. How does that work, it works just like he bore our sins in his own body (1 Peter 2:24). In Leviticus 16:21 you see a shadow of what Jesus would do. God instituted something called the scapegoat offering, that when Aaron the high priest laid both hands on the head of that goat and confessed over him all the inquities of the children of Israel and all their transgressions in all their sins they would be put on the head of that goat and he would bear them. That's what Jesus did for it says in John 1:29 that Jesus is the lamb of God that would take away the sin of the world.

So, just as he took your sins he also took your sicknesses. And sin and sickness is connected because if there was no sin there would be no sickness. Adam introduced sin in the earth and into mankind when he disobeyed God. But, Jesus took care of that by taking away the sin of the world by bearing them in his own body and since they are connected when he took the sin he also took the sicknesses. I like to use the example sin and sickness are connected like a flame and heat. If you held a flame under your hand you would feel the heat of that flame because everyone knows that a flame and heat go together one is the source and the other is the effect. If you take the flame away will the heat stay, no. If you take the source away the effect will go with it. You don't have to fight the heat just take the flame away. So likewise, you don't have to fight the sickness just take the sin away and sickness will go with it. Now, that has already been done in the spirit. And because it has been done in the spirit you can access it by faith. Romans 5:1,2 Therefore being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ: (2.) By whom also we have access by faith into this grace wherein we stand, and rejoice in hope of the glory of God.

You access the grace of God by faith, but there first has to be grace for you to access by faith. If there is no grace of healing then you can't access it by faith. But, here's the thing even though the grace is available doesn't mean everyone will receive it or access it. Notice, Titus 2:11 For the grace of God that bringeth salvation hath appeared to all men. In other words anyone can receive salvation anytime and anywhere when they choose to, but does that mean everyone will be saved, no. And don't limit the word salvation to just being born again in The Strong's Concordance it also means #4992 and it is the same as #4991 which means rescue, safety,deliver,health, salvation. If you don't access the grace then you don't receive the salvation(healing) even though it is available. For example, you can't say God doesn't save everybody because He has made it available to everybody, but everybody has to accept what is being offered. Now, it's not about God doing anything for anyone to be saved, because He has done all that needs to be done for anyone to be saved. And even though it's God's will that not any should perish (2 Peter 3:9) doesn't mean that no one will perish. So, it's not a matter of if God wants to do it He will. Man has to choose whether or not to receive salvation. And people need to stop thinking that if God wants it done then it will just be done because He wants it. That is not scriptural, you don't even have to look far to see that. God told Adam not to eat from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, that was God's will. But, did Adam still eat from that tree, yes. Was God's will done,no. It's not a matter of God doing, but it's a matter of you receiving or accessing.

It is not God's will that any should perish. And I wouldn't want to end this article without giving someone the opportunity to receive Jesus as their Lord and Savior. It's very easy just pray: Dear God- I know I have sinned and I now turn from them and I invite Jesus to come into my heart (Revelation 3:20). He died for my sins and you have raised him from the dead and I now confess that Jesus is my Lord and Savior (Romans 10:9,10). I thank you for saving me, Amen

2022/12/16 21:19Profile
narrowpath

Germany NRW

Re: Does God Heal Everyone

You misrepresent the grace of God. Grace is not something you just "access". You must repent and everybody who truly repents will acknowlegde that he is worthy of God's wrath and eternal destruction and damnation. God then for sure will show him grace, regardless of who he is and what he has done.

You are promoting "hyper grace", a teaching that has led many astray. I just managed to help a brother out of this teaching, and it was hard work. It sounds so nice and smooth and pampers the hearers ego.

Also, for over 10 years now, you represent healing as something to be claimed and we are entitled to. As if God is only there to heal you. That is not what the bible teaches and it presents a distorted view of God. It reduces almighty God to a blessing and healing machine.

I too pray for the sick and have seen healing, but in the end, it is up to God. He may heal to show mercy or let his grace be sufficient toward the one who remains sick.

You have so far never responded to my posts. Brother, this is not an ad hominem attack, but false teachers will be judged by God. That applies to me and you and everyone and therefore let us be dilligent in rightly dividing the truth. I do not want to win an argument against you, but I care enough for you and others to warn about this false teaching you are posting here for so many years.

In Christs Love
Philip

2022/12/17 5:30Profile
FranklinB

Re:

Hello narrowpath I'm responding to your comment, God released his wrath on Jesus. He took our place so what was due to us he took. He took our sins and gave us his rightousness. And made us new creations that's what the scriptures says.

I'm not promoting "hyper grace". And we are entitled to healing that's what the scripture says. 1. Jesus said healing is the children's bread (their right). 2. Didn't Jesus say that the woman that was bowed over ought to be loosed whom satan has bound being a daughter of Abraham. And Galatains 3:29 says, If ye be Christ's, then are ye Abrahams seed so if she ought to be then we ought to be. And yes I still teach to claim your healing because The Bible says with the mouth confession is made unto salvation and healing is included in that meaning of that word.

I never said God was only there to heal, but He is the only healer so who else should people go to. One of his covenant names is Jehovah Rapha- The Lord Our Healer because that's what He does, heal. It's his nature to heal. Jesus was God in the flesh and the scripture says, that he healed ALL that came to him (Acts 10:38).

Healing is a grace of God and 1 Peter 2:24 says, that by whose stripes ye were healed(that's past tense). So, even God sees it as already done. So, I'm not making him a healing machine I'm just taking him at his word. Thank you for reading my posts and if you have any more comments feel free to let me know.

2022/12/18 18:25Profile
cryinthenite

Re:

No he does not! We look to resurrection ,and on that day we will have our healing. Quit bringing people under this legalism that if you were honest you don’t live up to. Sure God can and does heal but absolutely no promises in this body of healing. God told Paul My grace is sufficient for you.

2023/1/1 11:57Profile
AbideinHim

Louisiana

Re:

In reading the posts by Brother Franklin on healing, I would like to say that we can believe and act upon whatever the Word of God says. Kenneth Hagin was not the originator of Mark 11:23.

Many teachings concerning faith, healing, and prosperity have got out of balance, but we should never throw the baby out with the bath water.

One of the main errors that were made by Word of faith teachers that did not rightly divide the Word is that faith is primarily to be used for what we want and desire.

As we grow in the Lord, the Christian life becomes less about us and our needs, and more about Jesus, His purpose, and plan.

The basic principle in getting all of our needs met is to seek first the Kingdom of God and His righteousness.

We don't throw the baby out with the bath water. We believe the Word of God in our hearts and confess it with our mouths, and this covers every area of the Christian life.

2023/1/2 11:51Profile
cryinthenite

Re:

No he does not! We look to resurrection ,and on that day we will have our healing. Quit bringing people under this legalism that if you were honest you don’t live up to. Sure God can and does heal but absolutely no promises in this body of healing. God told Paul My grace is sufficient for you.

2023/1/2 17:19Profile
FranklinB

Re:

cryinthenite you don't have to look to the resurrection to receive healing. I'm not bringing people under legalism, I'm talking about what God has already done through Jesus. The scripture says, 1 Peter 2:24 "By whose stripes ye were healed" that's not a promise it's a statement of truth. And yes God told Paul my grace is sufficient, but take it in context. Paul tells you what he was dealing with "a messenger of satan", an evil spirit which God already graced him with authority over. Romans 13:1,2 all authority comes from God so God giving him authority over all devils (Luke 10:19) was by his grace and that grace was sufficient. It was the same Paul in Acts 16 that allowed the evil spirit to torment him for many days before he realized and used his authority. And when God gives you authority it's up to you to use it not go to God to do something.

2023/1/3 20:36Profile
twayneb

Joplin, Missouri

Re:

Quote:
I'm not promoting "hyper grace". And we are entitled to healing that's what the scripture says. 1. Jesus said healing is the children's bread (their right). 2. Didn't Jesus say that the woman that was bowed over ought to be loosed whom satan has bound being a daughter of Abraham. And Galatains 3:29 says, If ye be Christ's, then are ye Abrahams seed so if she ought to be then we ought to be. And yes I still teach to claim your healing because The Bible says with the mouth confession is made unto salvation and healing is included in that meaning of that word.

I never said God was only there to heal, but He is the only healer so who else should people go to. One of his covenant names is Jehovah Rapha- The Lord Our Healer because that's what He does, heal. It's his nature to heal. Jesus was God in the flesh and the scripture says, that he healed ALL that came to him (Acts 10:38).

Healing is a grace of God and 1 Peter 2:24 says, that by whose stripes ye were healed(that's past tense). So, even God sees it as already done. So, I'm not making him a healing machine I'm just taking him at his word.

Franklin: I cannot disagree with anything you have said. It actually sounds a lot like F.F. Bosworth's teaching in his book on healing. I do believe it is always God's will to heal. But the fact of the matter is that we don't see everyone healed. An that is the crux of the matter, I think. We have what we experience juxtaposed against what we read.

Too often, I think, we run into difficulty with our faith when what we see is not what we read. Another way to put it is, why don't we see everyone we pray for healed, or ourselves healed, every time we pray. Is it us? Is it God?

Even Paul did not see healing manifested in every situation. Remember that he left Trophimus sick at Miletus. Surely Paul the Apostle should have seen his prayers answered if anyone could right? But then again, I am speaking like a person who would say that Paul was a super spiritual giant who had a special access to God, and obviously that is not true.

My point is that there are some things we don't understand. Yes, I believer it is God's will to heal every sickness. Sickness is a consequence of sin (in the Earth, not a particular person's individual sin). So in dealing with sin, God deals with sickness. Yet we know that our physical bodies are not born again yet as they will be when Christ returns. We cannot believe for healing and through that prevent death, which is simply sickness or disease of one sort or another ending physical life. If we lay down and simply don't wake up, it is not obvious, but we were taken out by sickness or disease.

So we have some unanswered questions. Ones that we may not have answered until heaven. In the meantime, I believe it is always God's will to heal and I will pray in faith believing that. The rest, I will chalk up to my lack of understanding.

2023/1/3 21:27Profile
drifter

Campbell River, B.C.

Re:

God sometimes lets people get sick because He has a deeper purpose in the trial. He let Job get sick. The gist of what some of his "friends" said is it was caused by his lack of faith. Why didn't Job just "name it and claim it"?

Look at people like Joni Eareckson Tada. She prayed repeatedly, in faith, for God to heal her, and He didn't. He had a ministry for her, and even she herself says she never would have surrendered to God if she hadn't been made quadriplegic.

Or look at Carter Conlon. He got extremely sick from black mold, and to this day suffers from it.

It is absurd to say that any of these people lack faith.

2023/1/3 23:16Profile
narrowpath

Germany NRW

Re: Does God Heal Everyone

The issue I have with your posts is that you go to great lengths talking about healing and a the end make a very brief and almost flippant appeal for sinners to get saved without a propper gospel presentation.
Also you present healing as something we are entitled to.
We are entitled to neather salvation nor health.
A promise of God is often tied to conditions but never an entitlement that we can cash in as a blank cheque.
Grace is never given to someone who is entitled.
If I have a first class seat in a plane, I am entitled to sit in first class. But with grace it is as if I cannot afford a plane ticket but offered a seat in first class.
It is much more neccesary for sinners to get saved than for sick people to get healed. Healing is one of the means to point to our saviour as a token for salvation and to show his grace to sinners and saints alike.

I would rather be sick and saved Lazarus and than one of the 9 unrepentat of 10 healed lepers!

2023/1/4 18:02Profile

©2002-2023 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy