SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Articles and Sermons : SIGNS AND WONDERS WILL ALWAYS LEAVE A PERSON THIRSTY FOR MORE by Tom Stewart

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 SIGNS AND WONDERS WILL ALWAYS LEAVE A PERSON THIRSTY FOR MORE by Tom Stewart

SIGNS AND WONDERS WILL ALWAYS LEAVE A PERSON THIRSTY FOR MORE…WITH THE TRUE GOSPEL WE WILL NEVER THIRST AGAIN

I was saved in a Pentecostal Church in Sacramento, California. From the moment I was born again I saw miraculous things happening, and since that was all I knew I thought this was just the regular, normal Christianity. I didn’t really realize at the time I was in the midst of a huge visitation of God.

All those Israelites born in the wilderness saw manna every day. They also saw a cloud that followed them and a pillar of fire at night. Since these things were there from their birth they didn’t really see them as miracles or signs, just normal life. That is a bit how it was when I came to Christ, people delivered, people healed, and so many being born again. I say this to express the fact that I am not against the gifts of God, as everyone who knows me understands, and I am certainly not against legitimate, real, God given, signs and wonders.
During the first 20 years I was saved I saw “the good, the bad, and the ugly”. There was a true revival happening, in fact two separate yet intertwined revivals were happening simultaneously. The “Jesus People Revival” and the “Asbury Revival”. Then came some revivals that had fake signs and wonders and fake things happening. Most likely some good came from them, but they overall were not the real deal. The Toronto Blessing got way off track and so did the Brownsville Revival, and there have been many others since then.

Right now, right here, I am witnessing another wave of people being lead astray in their search for the miraculous and “signs and wonders”. This pursuit ALWAYS leads people astray because they are not seeking what God wants them to seek. IF they were truly honest with themselves, and would stop and examine their own hearts they would probably see their true desire and lust for these things which aren’t Jesus.

John 4:48 So Jesus said to him, “Unless you see signs and wonders you will not believe.”

Jesus is NOT complimenting these people. Seeking after signs and wonders is NOT the path to finding the Lord. Many believe signs and wonders are a validation of ministry and people will believe when they see the signs and wonders. This is further clarified in this Scripture…..

Matthew 12:39 But he answered them, “An evil and adulterous generation seeks for a sign, but no sign will be given to it except the sign of the prophet Jonah.

Remember how Thomas believed when he saw Jesus and this was Jesus’ reply…..

John 20:29 Jesus said to him, “Thomas, because you have seen Me, you have believed. Blessed are those who have not seen and yet have believed.”
Once again it was NOT a compliment. Greater faith is to not see and believe, to not have signs and wonders and believe. To not seek after signs and wonders and go here and go there in the pursuit. The Bible DOES say to seek….to seek Jesus….to seek Spiritual gifts, but never does it say to seek signs and wonders.
John 6:2 And a large crowd was following him, because they saw the signs that he was doing on the sick.

And where were these crowds when the crucified Jesus? They were shouting “give us Barabbas! Where were these crowds on the day of Pentecost? Nowhere to be found. It was not signs and wonders that brought people to Christ who remained and served Him, it was the Holy Spirit and Jesus himself since He IS God.

Deuteronomy 13:1-5 “If a prophet or a dreamer of dreams arises among you and gives you a sign or a wonder, and the sign or wonder that he tells you comes to pass, and if he says, ‘Let us go after other gods,’ which you have not known, ‘and let us serve them,’ you shall not listen to the words of that prophet or that dreamer of dreams. For the Lord your God is testing you, to know whether you love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul. You shall walk after the Lord your God and fear him and keep his commandments and obey his voice, and you shall serve him and hold fast to him. But that prophet or that dreamer of dreams shall be put to death, because he has taught rebellion against the Lord your God, who brought you out of the land of Egypt and redeemed you out of the house of slavery, to make you leave the way in which the Lord your God commanded you to walk. So you shall purge the evil from your midst.

Matthew 24:24 For false christs and false prophets will arise and perform great signs and wonders, so as to lead astray, if possible, even the elect.

2 Thessalonians 2:8 And then the lawless one will be revealed, whom the Lord will consume with the breath of His mouth and destroy with the brightness of His coming. 9 The coming of the lawless one is according to the working of Satan, with all power, signs, and lying wonders, 10 and with all unrighteous deception among those who perish, because they did not receive the love of the truth, that they might be saved. 11 And for this reason God will send them strong delusion, that they should believe the lie, 12 that they all may be condemned who did not believe the truth but had pleasure in unrighteousness.

This thirst for MORE, more than just Jesus, more than just the Holy Spirit, more than just the gifts and fruit of the Spirit, more than simple worship and praise, and more than just the Word of God, will lead many into deception and false teaching. They will leave the foundation of Christianity and the original plan God had for their life to seek the miraculous. It is a thirst that will never satisfy

2022/12/6 10:50Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re: SIGNS AND WONDERS WILL ALWAYS LEAVE A PERSON THIRSTY FOR MORE by Tom Stewart

"I believe the inordinate love of external signs is used of the enemy to draw people away from the Word of God and from the inward way of faith.The signs that come from God encourage you to die to yourself." - Madam Guyon

2022/12/6 12:15Profile
drifter

Campbell River, B.C.

Re: SIGNS AND WONDERS WILL ALWAYS LEAVE A PERSON THIRSTY FOR MORE by Tom Stewart

Amen and amen. Thank you for posting this Greg.

2022/12/6 21:03Profile
deltadom

Hemel Hempstead

Re:

I havent had many signs of wonders happen in my life so I wouldn't know

2022/12/7 12:17Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy