SermonIndex - Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival
20 Years SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : The devil keeps bringing up my past

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
Quan2001

Troy, New York, United States

The devil keeps bringing up my past

The devil keeps bringing up my past of what I used to be. I don't know what God has store for me in th future. How can God uses a low down dog like me? Are people watching the way I live my life?

2022/12/4 18:07Profile
AbideinHim

Louisiana

Re: The devil keeps bringing up my past

Brother, if you are truly born again, a child of God, keep your eyes on Jesus, and not on yourself. We are helpless and hopeless outside of Christ, and this is why we have to know that we died to our old nature, and are now new creations in Christ, See yourself the way that God sees you.
( Colossians 1,22)
“Yet now he has reconciled you to himself through the death of Christ in his physical body. As a result, he has brought you into his own presence, and you are holy and blameless as you stand before him without a single fault.”

God does not remember your past sins that you have repented of. “ There is no condemnation to those that are in Christ.” (Romans 8:1)

2022/12/5 0:05Profile
Lysa

This world is not my home anymore.

Re: The devil keeps bringing up my past

Jy'Quan,

Our perception of God (how we see Him) comes back to us on how we see ourselves. If you truly believe that God sees you as a low down dog, then that is exactly how you will see Him seeing you. But I promise you that God does not see Jy'Quan Stewart as a low down dog! Even when you mess up.

Religion down through the years has distorted our view of how we think that God views us. Religion has taught us that God loves the sinner but boy after you get saved and mess up, He's just waiting to pop you up side the head! But logically, if He goes out of His way to woo and win and love the sinner, why suddenly would His love stop wooing you, winning you and loving on you? He wouldn't! Oh you say, but (so and so), man says!! LOL THE WORD SAYS, Let every man be a liar and the Word of God be true! (Rom 3:4)

Adams was seduced and deceived into having a wrong perception of God and that's when everything went wrong in the world; when Adam was hood winked into a different image or perception of God. And everything goes wrong in our world when we have a wrong perception of God. I'm 63 and I so wish that someone had taught me this when I was your age, Quan!! That God loves me, He is for me and not against me, even in my weaknesses. God love YOU, He is for YOU and not against YOU, even in your weaknesses.

Jesus told the rich, young ruler that no one was good but God; but way back in the garden, Satan seduced Adam into believing that God wasn't good and that God was withholding something from him and so he allowed God's image to be tainted in him.

And therefore, our image of God is tainted, we see God as He is out to get us (like Thor with his lightning bolts just waiting to strike us down when we do something wrong), God is NOT out to get us. And example: if we cuss and something happens (i.e. the starter goes out on our vehicle), we attribute it to God chastising us for cussing, when it was that our car was 20 years old and just needed a starter!!!

This is one of the problems in the church today, Christians DO NOT KNOW their God, they are not taught, they are not encouraged to KNOW their God. I truly believe that if you and I and others can get this down in our spirit, we would be unstoppable for the Kingdom of God! And the enemy of our soul knows this as well, because Daniel 11:32, the Word says, "in the people who know their God SHALL BE STRONG AND CARRY OUT GREAT EXPLOITS."

Are you strong when you believe God thinks your a low down dirty dog? No you are not! I am not either when I allow those lies into my heart. Quan, Proverbs 4:23 states, "Guard your heart above all else, for it is the source of life."

There is so much that God has for us if we believe He is good and withholding no good thing from us!! Seek Him for a new perception of who HE IS!

God bless you, Quan

Lisa
(edited for clarity)

2022/12/5 9:57Profile

©2002-2023 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy