20 Years SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Associating With Errant Ministries

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread
drifter

Campbell River, B.C.

Re:

Travis, what I meant by a "signs and wonders gospel" is a ministry with an undue focus on healings, tongues, visions etc. or one that says that these things are a necessary part of preaching the gospel. I forget who said it, but "signs and wonders should follow believers; believers should not follow signs and wonders."

Any preaching or any miracle done in Jesus' name should produce conviction of sin, brokenness and repentance. A preachers focus should always be to try to produce conviction of sin by the power of the Holy Spirit, and to urge people to total surrender to, and total trust in Jesus.

2022/12/5 21:06Profile
drifter

Campbell River, B.C.

Re:

Mike, a person can assent to all the fundamentals of the faith, e.g. the virgin birth of Jesus, His sinlessness, His death, burial and resurrection etc. and still be a false teacher. False teachers not only take away from God's word, but they also add to it. Like the heretical prosperity gospel. I've never seen any good fruit from that teaching. If someone teaches that "gain is godliness" like they do (Hagin, Copeland et al.) they are to be shunned. They aren't christians who have gotten off track; they are dangerous wolves, perverting the gospel for their own greed.

I agree there will be another revival; this one, I think, will be the last one before the Second Coming. The church badly needs it to survive the coming brutal, worldwide persecution we will suffer. I think the coming persecution will dwarf any seen in times past, like under Vespasian or Nero.

2022/12/5 21:16Profile

©2002-2023 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy