SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival
20 Years SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Why does God take so long to act?

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
Quan2001

Troy, New York, United States

Why does God take so long to act?

I was reading the book of Exodus they wonderrd 40 years in the wilderness. Why does God take so long to act on our behalf and preparing us for his purpose. It feels like it's taking forever waiting upon God and he is not answering my prayers. I want be a man of God. I want to be changed. I want the fullness of Christ. It feels like I have been waiting forever what should I do?

2022/11/30 13:05Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re: Why does God take so long to act?

Take a lesson from the Israelites in the wilderness and stop whining. Rather:

“Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you.”

2022/11/30 14:40Profile
narrowpath

Germany NRW

Dear Quan,

I would be careful to post very personal and intimate questions, that only God can answer on a public forum. You may get good or bad or misleading answers.

There are many places in scripture were men and women have put a question to God and how he answered them. Have you studied them?

Sometimes no answer is Gods way of answering your questions. Sometimes scripture is the answer. One thing is for sure - God cannot use unbroken men.

2022/11/30 15:29Profile
ChrisA

Re:

Todd, that was a rather cruel answer to an open, honest question.

"How long, O Lord?" cried even the souls of the martyrs under the altar of God, waiting to be avenged. So even in heaven there are those who are asking, "When, Lord?"

I've seen many become angry and even disillusioned with God, turning from Him altogether. I have no easy answers. This earthly pilgrimage can seem quite unfair and harsh at times. But this life is but a vapour, and eternity has no end.

One day all questions will be settled. Until then hold onto Jesus and stay in His Word.

2022/11/30 16:06Profile
Lysa

This world is not my home anymore.

Quan,

If it feels like it's taking forever and your prayers aren't getting answered, then I suggest you start planning a 40 day fast starting January 1, 2023.

No one can serve two masters. Either you will hate the one and love the other, or you will be devoted to the one and despise the other. ~ Matt 6:24

Shut yourself off from media of any kind, TV, internet, social media and the cell phone. Train your brain to focus on Jesus and His voice alone.

Your post sounds like you mean business, but do you? Put the peddle to the metal and prove it. Go into your secret prayer closet, close the door and seek HIS face and don't come out until you are changed, my friend.

It's available for the fasting!

2022/11/30 17:56Profile
drifter

Campbell River, B.C.

Re:

Fasting is something that must be done with great carefulness and planning. It must also be done for the right reasons. Read Isaiah 58 carefully. With respect to Lisa, I would definitely NOT recommend jumping into a 40 day fast (especially if you haven't done it before!), as it can have adverse health effects. If you mean to do it, consult a doctor first.

2022/11/30 18:36Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

“The way we continually talk about our own inabilities is an insult to our Creator. To complain over our incompetence is to accuse God falsely of having overlooked us. Get into the habit of examining from God’s perspective those things that sound so humble to men. You will be amazed at how unbelievably inappropriate and disrespectful they are to Him. We say things such as, “Oh, I shouldn’t claim to be sanctified; I’m not a saint.” But to say that before God means, “No, Lord, it is impossible for You to save and sanctify me; there are opportunities I have not had and so many imperfections in my brain and body; no, Lord, it isn’t possible.” That may sound wonderfully humble to others, but before God it is an attitude of defiance.”

Oswald Chambers

2022/11/30 20:43Profile

©2002-2023 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy