SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival
20 Years SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : What is the will of God?

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
Quan2001

Troy, New York, United States

What is the will of God?

Where do I find the will of God for my life?

2022/11/29 13:26Profile
Lysa

This world is not my home anymore.

Re: What is the will of God?

Jy'Quan,

The bible gives us the will of God for our lives.

Gal 5:22-23 states, "the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control; against such things there is no law."

There isn't any GREAT plan for any of us except to be faithful to Him. If you are married, die to yourself and love your wife as Christ loved the church.

These verses are a good place to start. His will is for us to become like Him.

Mt 5:44 But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you;
Mt 5:46 For if ye love them which love you, what reward have ye? do not even the publicans the same?

Do a word search and study the word love and how Christ loves us and how He wants us to love. That is the will of God for your life!!

God bless,
Lisa

2022/11/29 15:21Profile
drifter

Campbell River, B.C.

Hi Jy'Quan. Everyone who truly loves Jesus wants to know what God's will is for their life. The short answer is, obey God in everything He has already told you to do (in His word) and once you are living in full obedience, He will make His specific will known in your life.

Carter Conlon has an excellent sermon on this topic.

Here is the text version:
https://www.carterconlon.com/sermon-newsleters/finding-the-will-of-god

And the audio version:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iTMPhq9v1aY

I want to encourage you to have confidence in God's faithfulness. He will make His will known to you.

2022/11/29 18:20Profile
twayneb

Joplin, Missouri

I will tell you how I have found the will of God for my life.

First, I knew the general will of God for all believers. I found that in the word of God. Lysa commented on that. Whatever the word says to do, I set about doing it. I should be obedient to the general instruction that I have.

Second, I added to that intimacy in relationship. I spend time in prayer and worship, personally. I develop an ear to hear His voice by communing with Him. I don't do this because I want to know His will for me. I do this because I want to know Him in a deeper way.

In the process of doing these two things, being obedient to His word and allowing it to transform me into His image, and spending time with Him in intimacy, He begins to speak to me. Sometimes it is a small thing...read a certain portion of the word, call up a friend and encourage him, study a certain thing, go pray for a person, or speak to a person I encounter in life about God. These small things are always stepping stones in the direction of God's ultimate will for my life. Then, as I am obedient, He gives me further instruction and I obey that as well.

I think many of us see God's utlimate will for our lives as a destination at which we arrive. For example, "I want you to be a pastor." So, when we pastor a group of people, we have arrived. Done! I am doing God's will for my life.

But it does not work that way. It is a lifelong continuum of little steps forward as He leads and guides us IN His will, not TO His will. We strive to walk in His will every day in all of the little things.

I have always looked at it like this. Am I in God's will for me right now, at this moment? If I am, can I be there ten minutes from now (obey the next small instruction or keep doing the last thing I was told to do)? If I string together all of those little ten-minute moments of obedience, ten years down the road I will find that I am in the middle of His will for my life.

Hope that helps.

2022/11/30 9:26Profile
Bartleman

Quote:
Where do I find the will of God for my life?

not to seem flippant, but on your knees, or on your face is a sound starting point.

2022/11/30 11:57Profile
ccchhhrrriiisss

Re:

Quote:

not to seem flippant, but on your knees, or on your face is a sound starting point.

I agree. This reminded me of a couple of old songs released by Terry Talbot (Album: Stories of Jesus) about seeking God. Remember: Jesus prayed -- in agonizing prayer -- on the night of his betrayal.

Heights of a Bended Knee:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q2-BMO3RzAg
Heal Me:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AfzmaH8wvb4

Here's the lyrics of the song about Jesus praying:
Quote:

Jesus prayed,
in the garden stayed,
till the light of day there was He.
So consumed in solitude,
on the heights of a bended knee.

As the vigil he kept,
his disciples slept,
so he turned and whispered his plea,
"Oh come now awake,
do not forsake
me now in the hour of my need!"

[Chorus]
To the high places I go,
through the dark night of my soul,
I can see eternity from the heights of a bended knee.

So when darkness,
darkness has covеred the path beforе me,
To Jesus I pray,
He will not forsake
me now in the hour of my need.

To Elah
To Ruah
To Yahweh shall I go,
To Elohim,
my heart shall sing
from the depths of a thirsty soul.

[Chorus]
And to the high places I go,

To the high places I go,
I can see eternity from the heights of a bended knee,

One thing that is important to remember is that "faith is the substance of things hoped for and the evidence of the things not seen" (Hebrews 11:1). In fact, those who come to him must "believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of those who diligently seek him" (Hebrews 11:6).

Part of believing God is believing that he leads you. We often know or recite Psalm 23. However, it provides a wonderful description of the LORD.

PSALM 23
1 The Lord is my shepherd,
I shall not want.
(He provides for you)

2 He makes me lie down in green pastures;
He leads me beside quiet waters.
(He leads you)

3 He restores my soul;
(He renews and refreshes you)
He guides me in the paths of righteousness
For His name’s sake.
(He keeps you on the right path)

4 Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death,
I fear no evil, for You are with me;
Your rod and Your staff, they comfort me.
(He is with you during trouble...helping you know that he is always with you...ready to comfort you)

5 You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies;
(He takes care of you)
You have anointed my head with oil;
(He has chosen you)
My cup overflows.
(You are blessed more than you can even know)

6 Surely goodness and lovingkindness will follow me all the days of my life,
And I will dwell in the house of the Lord forever.
(This is your eternal desire for him)

This psalm is echoed so well in the example Jesus set through the Lord's Prayer (Matthew 6:5-15). God takes care of you and guides your steps. All you have to do is have faith that he is...and know that he is leading and directing your path (even when you don't realize it). This leading/guidance is precipitated by our longing for him...and to please him. Everything else will work itself out.

WHERE HE LEADS ME:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bLxjp8W3xS8

2022/11/30 17:03Profile

©2002-2023 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy