SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Sanctification

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
PosterThread
passerby

Re:

Living Christ in us/you is the gist and basis of our sactification. It is a lifelong walk under the grace of God through faith until our glorification.

2022/12/18 7:09Profile
BranchinVINE

Australia

Re:

Amen.

2022/12/18 8:31Profile
murrcolr

Scotland, UK

Re:

Multitudes of believing Christians have only a vague concept of what holiness is. Even among those who seek to know it, few have learned to come to God's Word and to God Himself to be taught. He alone can reveal this part of the mystery of Christ and of Himself. To man, holiness has simply been a general expression for a deeper Christian life, without much thought about all that the term really means."

Andrew Murray, The Path to Holiness

2022/12/18 18:19Profile
murrcolr

Scotland, UK

Re:

I read this scripture and thought about this thread about sanctification.

2 Peter 1:3-4:

His divine power has given us everything needed for life and godliness, through the knowledge of him who called us by his own glory and goodness. Thus he has given us, through these things, his precious and very great promises, so that through them you may escape from the corruption that is in the world because of lust, and may become participants of the divine nature. [NRSV}

God intends for us to become participants in His own divine nature!

Can we even begin to fathom what that means?

2022/12/21 19:55Profile
JFW

Dothan, Alabama

Re: murrcolr

Yes Amen to 2 Peter 🙏🏻

Sanctification, being conformed to the image of Christ, is exactly the verse you shared-
Without our learning to partake of His divine nature, obedience by faith, there is no sanctification taking place… which is to say there is no maturing in Gods purpose. Being led by Holy Spirit with the Word confirming, and being led by the Word with the Spirit confirming are both exclusively the Lords work, yet there remains our work… obedience by faith. We must participate and submit ourselves to the yoke of Christ if we are to get anywhere with Him. It is His yoke that aligns us with His purpose and paces us to His steps ✝️

We live in an age where the deception is so great that self identified Christians, even leaders of world wide denominations who in an apparent psychotic break with the eternal reality of Christ have “authorized” all sorts of abominations in the Lords House and I honestly shutter to think of the cost.
-point being, we serve the one true Living God and we are either growing in Christlikeness (sanctification( or in worldliness (deception) … at no time in our life ever are we static.

The “advancement of the Kingdom” is the effect our sanctification, they are mutually inclusive. As we lean to co-labor with Christ, to do His work (obedience by faith) that is how the kingdom gains ground in the hearts of others.

Our sanctification isn’t separate from our salvation,… it’s the expression of it, hence Ephesians 2 😇

2022/12/21 23:16Profile
murrcolr

Scotland, UK

Re:

For me being a partaker of the divine nature means that the characteristics of God's nature become my own.

It not enough to be forgiven of your sin to become a partaker of the divine nature. Our old self that Adamic nature must be crucified with Christ.

Gal 2:20 My old self has been crucified with Christ. It is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me. So I live in this earthly body by trusting in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me. (New Living Translation)

2022/12/22 20:02Profile
JFW

Dothan, Alabama

Re: murrcolr

“It not enough to be forgiven of your sin to become a partaker of the divine nature. Our old self that Adamic nature must be crucified with Christ“

Yes Amen !

Until conformity to the world is not only abandoned but viewed as reprehensible, our growth in Christlikeness (sanctification) will be slow and inconsistent. Our sanctification has two distinct markers - that we be fully formed in Christ and till Christ be fully formed in us :)
One He does for us and the other He leads us to do-
Not only was Paul crucified unto the world (Lords work)
But he also says, I Paul crucified the world unto myself -

The first is Paul being “formed in Christ”
The second is “Christ being formed in Paul”

Both are absolutely necessary for us to fulfill that for which we were born ✝️

2022/12/23 8:20Profile
murrcolr

Scotland, UK

Re:

Read this today

T. Austin-Sparks writes this

"With the Fall, an entangling with another
nature and order took place. It became organic, therefore constitutional."

That is a very brief, but accurate summary. We cannot
understand sanctification until we understand what it is that we need to be separated from.

As a race, we have fallen. Fallen from something,
indeed. Fallen from the glory of God. Fallen from purpose. But also fallen INTO something. Fallen into an entanglement with a nature and order that maintains deep control over our soul, that has complete jurisdiction over our being. It is impossible to accurately depict the nature of this entanglement.

Hearing about it does nothing; you have to
see it.

2023/1/14 14:37Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy