SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Does anyone ever go through physical spiritual attack

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
deltadom

Hemel Hempstead

Does anyone ever go through physical spiritual attack

I have been going through physical spiritual attack is there anyone else who has gone through it

2022/11/26 9:53Profile
AbideinHim

Louisiana

Re: Does anyone ever go through physical spiritual attack

Brother, I believe that every believer is going to go through many spiritual and physical attacks in their lifetime. We know that not every sickness or disease is a spiritual attack, but Jesus in His ministry dealt with evil spirits that were the root of the sickness. “Behold there was a woman who had a spirit of infirmity eighteen years and was bent over and could in no way raise herself up.” (Luke 13:11).

“Is anyone among you sick? Let him call for the elders of the church, and let them pray over him, anointing him with oil in the name of the Lord.
And the prayer offered in faith will restore the one who is sick. The Lord will raise him up. If he has sinned, he will be forgiven.” (James 5:14,15)

We can ask God to reveal the source of the attacks, and pray accordingly.

2022/11/26 10:50Profile
twayneb

Joplin, Missouri

Dominic: Yes! I think attacks, both spiritual and physical, are par for the course for all believers. We have an enemy. He attacks. His purpose is destruction or at least incapacitation.

I guess the question is how do I respond to those attacks. Do I allow them to get me down, or do I learn in the middle of them to walk in the Spirit and take authority over those attacks. Do I allow the enemy to take me out, or do I rise in victory through the Holy Spirit and the word of God.

Jesus was attacked very strongly just after He received the Holy Spirit at His baptism. All that is in man, the lust of the flesh, the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, were probed and exploited by Satan. But Jesus was victorious in all of it because He relied on the power of the word of God and the Spirit within Him to give Him victory.

So begin to press into your relationship with God personally. I like to play worship music and then begin to pray and worship God. I like to walk in my yard (guess you would call it the garden) and pray. Maybe you fast and pray more in order to break the hold the flesh has on you. Maybe you listen to more Bible teachings that encourage and strengthen you. Maybe you spend more time reading and studying the word of God. But in all of it you resist steadfast (actively fight against) every attack of the enemy through the Holy Spirit and the word of God.

I am praying for you from across the pond.

2022/11/26 11:26Profile
deltadom

Hemel Hempstead

Re:

I feel like I am being overwhelmed with spiritual attacks that I do not know what to do

2022/11/27 7:42Profile

Yes I have since 2007 I have experience demonic spirits that have touched me physically and affected my thinking and health.The one thing that has helped me or the many things is asking people to pray for me but also draw near to God and his church. If you’re not spending quiet time with God and seeking him and if you’re not spending time with his church then I think any Christian will run into trouble in their walk.But, sometimes we open up doors ourselves to the daemonic Rome and we need to repent of them but like in my case I opened up a door and I continue to my disobedience for a time and the fruit of that was struggling with demonic attacksphysically and mentally etc

2022/12/28 3:21
Lysa

East TN for now!

Re:

Quote:
I feel like I am being overwhelmed with spiritual attacks that I do not know what to do

Satan's HATES us, Dominic!! He comes to steal, kill, and destroy (James 4) BUT... Christ came that WE would have life, and have it MORE abundantly!!

I have a question, Dominic, do you possibly have have too many irons in the fire? That you cannot see that we have abundant life in HIM?

I wanted to add this for you:

James says in chapter 4:7-10
SUBMIT yourselves to God:
RESIST the devil, and he will flee from you.
DRAW NEAR to God, and he will draw near to you.
CLEANSE your hands, ye sinners, and
PURIFY your hearts, ye double minded.
Lament and mourn and WEEP (over your sins)! let your laughter be turned into mourning, and your joy into heaviness.
HUMBLE YOURSELF in the sight of the Lord, and He will lift you up.
DO NOT SPEAK EVIL (slander) ONE OF ANOTHER, Anyone who speaks against his brother or judges him speaks against the law and judges it. When you judge the law, you are not keeping it, but sitting in judgment on it.

God bless you in 2023,
Lisa

2022/12/28 11:27Profile
thicket

Re:

Here is a little help. True believers will always be tested but they must make sure they have no open doors for the enemy to get into their lives. If you have the Holy Spirit you are empowered to resist the devil and he will flee. Here are some actions you can take.
1. God will have all of you or you will still live in the areas of darkness, this takes time.
2. form the habit of pleading the blood of Jesus all the time trouble knocks .
3. Rom. 8 is good reading. esp. the Psalms.
4. We conquer the spiritual heaviness by sincere holy praise. false gospel music is no help. Isa.61:3
Gal. 2:20 take up your cross and follow. by faith stay God inside minded for the world has owned you before but now you are free to give all your life to Jesus.
5. All truth works and error is failure. pray God fill you daily with his fruit of the Spirit of joy.

When I came to Jesus I was suicidal, it is a joy to let him conquer everything for us ---faith and trust without sense evidence. see Heb. 1:1 prepare for his soon return.

2023/1/26 20:59Profile
JFW

Dothan, Alabama

Re: thicket

Amen!
Well said, a blessing to read 🙏🏻

2023/1/26 22:01Profile
crusader

Australia:

Hello

I went through the same last year, I wont go into detail but it was life threatening. The Lord called me to make a stand against the enemy. basically the lord called me to fast for a few days. during the fast I God strengthend my faith and i prayed and worshiped the father. The enemy attacked me many times in my flesh and thoughts during the fast. on the fourth day I felt the power of God in my spirit and an anger rose up in me against this evil spirit and i cast it away in the blood of jesus. everything stopped straight away and i knew it was done. about 8 days later it tried to get a hold again but i rebuked it and it has been gone ever since. Your relationship with the lord is important and it is based on faith, fasting helps to build faith as you deny your flesh and feed your spirit. just ask the lord to guide you and believe in faith the promises he has given us in the word.

2023/2/20 4:28Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy