SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Why are the churches so dead in America

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
Quan2001

Troy, New York, United States

Why are the churches so dead in America

The spirit of God withdrew from the church of America the church I am currently at has no power. It is all religion and it's dry. Where is God's presence in the church?

2022/11/24 9:33Profile
AbideinHim

Louisiana

Re: Why are the churches so dead in America

For the most part, the Lord is knocking on the doors of most churches in America. The Laodicean Church is the luke warm church. However, God is raising up Houses of prayer, and there are churches that are on fire for the Lord. There will be home churches that spring up that the Lord will use to disciple new believers, as the great harvest of souls is reaped.

2022/11/24 10:48Profile
CofG

Cambodia

Re:

Perhaps the lamp stands have already been removed from many. Because many have not taken the commands, warnings, rebukes and discipline seriously, it is possible that Light and Life have long since departed. People are far more worried about people leaving a “church” than Him leaving it.

2022/11/24 21:26Profile
CofG

Cambodia

Re:

Perhaps the lamp stands have already been removed from many. Because many have not taken the commands, warnings, rebukes and discipline seriously, it is possible that Light and Life have long since departed. People are far more worried about people leaving a “church” than Him leaving it.

2022/11/24 21:26Profile
docs

Re:

I think there are good, vibrant, growing, worshiping churches everywhere. In my opinion,the churches in America are dead becomes sort of a buzz word one uses to express their own dissatisfaction. One hears it so much they start to believe it, then they repeat it. Many churches are dead but just as many or more are not dead. It's impossible I think for God to withdraw from His true church. He is well able to get it where it needs to be. TO withdraw from His church would be for Him to give up on Himself.

"Lo, I will never leave you nor forsake you. I am with you always, even unto the end of the age."

2022/11/25 8:48Profile
Lysa

East TN for now!

Quote:
by Quan2001

The spirit of God withdrew from the church of America the church I am currently at has no power. It is all religion and it's dry. Where is God's presence in the church?

I don't want to be mean but the "C"hurch does indeed have power today! Jesus said, "Behold, I have given YOU authority to tread upon serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy: and nothing shall in any wise hurt YOU." ~ Luke 10:19

What we have to ask ourselves (not the churches), if the Word of God is true and He's given us power, why aren't we walking in it?

I've been walking with the Lord for 44 years now and I've learned that we do not get His power from our local church, we get it when we sit in His presence instead of in front of the TV, computer or the phone.

For you, immerse yourself in the Word of God, in prayer and worship and watch as you are endued with power from high and you won't be worried about churches not having power!!

Halleluyah!
Lisa

2022/11/25 11:05Profile
AbideinHim

Louisiana

Re:

Jesus Christ Said “ upon this rock, I will build my church and the gates of hell will not-prevail against it.” Those churches where Holy Spirit is leading, and Jesus is Lord are very much alive, but the organize church, the church of man, the church that has shut out the Lord Jesus, needs to be revived.

2022/11/25 12:51Profile
Bartleman

United States

Brother Mike

dear brother,
humbly, you got the bite with what you wrote, i will quote:

Quote:
Jesus Christ Said “ upon this rock, I will build my church and the gates of hell will not-prevail against it.” Those churches where Holy Spirit is leading, and Jesus is Lord are very much alive, but the organize church, the church of man, the church that has shut out the Lord Jesus, needs to be revived.

key Words: "Holy Spirit"(baptism in) "Jesus is Lord" "revived" (revival)

in these days, seemingly fell and dark, i wont belabour all that is wicked and wrong, could it possibly be that anti-christ forces have over played their "hand"?

what do i mean?....due to "official edict" , churches were shuttered, right?
But they can't shut our homes, and at last count, they cant tell us who we can or can't have in our homes....or for what Purpose......you know where i'm going with this.

God love you Mike

2022/11/26 10:17Profile
twayneb

Joplin, Missouri

Quote:

Brother, I cannot agree with this at all. Perhaps the place where you go to participate in a weekly service seem dry or even dead to you, but that does not in any way mean that God has withdrawn from the church in America. The church is His body. He will not withdraw from His body. We have His promise on that. He said, "I will never leave you nor will I ever forsake you."

Quote:
Those churches where Holy Spirit is leading, and Jesus is Lord are very much alive, but the organize church, the church of man, the church that has shut out the Lord Jesus, needs to be revived.

I have been in quite a number of different churches. I have attended small churches (30 people or less), typical-sized churches (100-200 people), mega-churches (500+ salvations each year and four campuses), and house churches (have one going in my house right now).

Here is what I have found. Every church must be organized, and the systems of organization vary greatly depending upon the size and culture of the church. Even home churches must have clear leadership and organization. If not they quickly devolve into gatherings of people with no clear objective in mind and stagnate.

This is the reason why God has ordained leadership in the church. If we look at the qualifications of elders given in scripture, we can draw from it some idea of the leadership function that these elders put into practice. So every church is organized and that organization comes, we hope, as men are led by the Holy Spirit.

What I have found to be true is that the vibrancy of my own relationship with God usually determines the experience that I had within each of the different types of churches I have been a part of. For example, I am pentecostal in leaning. So, the demonstrative moving of the Holy Spirit in meetings is something I am very accustomed to. I fellowshipped several weekends with a group of what I would probably call fundamental holiness baptists. What I found was a place where I could sense the presence of the Lord. Sure, there were some "rules" they followed that I felt like were of their own flesh and not of the Spirit of God. They would only sing hymns. Their women were dressed in long denim skirts. There was no demonstrative manifestations (tongues, healings, prophetic words, etc.), but there was a tangible presence of the Holy Spirit through people who loved God and took their walks with Him seriously.

But I wonder, had my own walk with God been dry, would I have felt like the environment was dry. There was, for sure, nothing exciting to the flesh about anything that happened there.

So I guess I would say that the church of the living God is alive and well in the USA. True, there are people meeting in the name of God who don't know Him and are far from Him. But they are not really part of the church are they? There are those who know God but their relationship has grown distant and cold. They still meet, and I guess their meetings might be dry and they need to be revived and restored to vibrant relationship with God again. But I can be a catalyst in that environment through my own relationship with God, and I have been from time to time in those environments. That is the very purpose for our meeting together after all. We are not to forsake the assembling of ourselves together and much the more as we see the day approaching. We all need to provoke one another to love (relationship with God) and to good works (the outflow of that relationship).

The way I see it anyway.

2022/11/26 11:16Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy