SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival
See Opportunities to Serve with SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Revelation that has changed your life.

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
twayneb

Joplin, Missouri

Revelation that has changed your life.

What truth from scripture has God made to be revelation to you that you would say, "This revelation has absolutely transformed my life and my relationship with God." I would love to hear how the word of God is changing us.

2022/11/21 9:18Profile
Lysa

This world is not my home anymore.

Re: Revelation that has changed your life.

2 Thess 2:10-11 changed my life.

(10) ... because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved.

(11) And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie:

I know this whole chapter is about the man of lawlessness but the Holy Spirit spoke to me about 10 years ago and said, "this begins with you." So I started praying, "Open my eyes and understanding, allow me to receive the truth (and LOVE it) about 'me,' I want to be saved and I do not want to believe a lie or a delusion."

This truth is not easy to swallow at times when He shows it because my heart has been desperately wicked and selfish! But praise God, He leads His dear children along!

I would try to explain this to people and they thought I was crazy and then I listened to Zac Poonen's Lovers Of The Truth sermon and I was vindicated!! LOL

I'm not hopping on any trains anymore like I used to (i.e. the republican or democrat train; the pre-trib, post trib train). I see these now as distractions to keep us from focusing on what's at hand.

Receiving "the love" of the Truth has forever changed me, praise His holy name!!

2022/11/23 11:38Profile
TrueWitness

Re:

I think that the letter to the Church of Laodecia found in Revelation chapter 3 is Jesus speaking to the church today. It is one of two letters that has nothing positive to commend the church on but is full of rebuke and a call to repent. And yet even though it is a hard message, Jesus gives hope to that church. And here it is in verse 19: "AS MANY AS I LOVE, I rebuke and chasten. Be zealous therefore and repent". Dear one, even those who are faithless and carnal, Jesus is not here to cast you off to destruction. He loves you enough to call you back to Himself and to LIFE. When I saw how much He loves me in spite of what I've become, it tenderizes my heart and I sink to wash His feet with my hair and tears. It's not too hard to heed the Lord's call back to Himself. I am convinced that the only Christian who will persevere in these last days will be those whose hearts have been pierced by the Lord's love. Living by rules without relationship will end in faithlessness. But putting relationship first energized by heartfelt love cannot be defeated or denied.

-Daniel

2022/11/23 14:52Profile
davidkeel

West Sussex, England

Repentance has changed my direction and life..
I was heavily into the Faith movement and had all of the books of Kenneth Hagin. And had trained myself into the grace teaching so nobody could argue about it..

But a terrible thing happened and I believed at one time I was about to die. And I pleaded with the Lord to give me time to live and get my life right.
I knew He was going to confront me with all of the sinful thoughts I had permitted. And I would go to hell despite being saved.

That near death experience sent me into a path of repentance and it was the thing that drew God close to me continually and shared His loving grace to me. He also opened up the Scriptures to me showing that the 'grace alone' teaching I had trained myself in was fake and that repentance was the way to pleasing God and eternal life.

Out of that I was determined not to stop but crucified my fleshly desires and over came my deepest sins as Jesus said to walk on the narrow way by denying self and taking up the cross of suffering to hold fast to obedience during trials.

2022/11/23 16:23Profile
twayneb

Joplin, Missouri

I truly enjoy hearing how the word of God has transformed our lives. We can debate scripture all day long, but the transforming work of the word of God is the point, right?

So, I guess I ought to share mine as well. It has to be Romans 6-8. Two big things from that chapter. First, when He died, I died with Him, and when He was resurrected, I was resurrected with Him. So sin has no more dominion over me. The second part of that was when I realized that the words we see translated as sin are both noun and verb. There was a body of sin that ruled over me and subjected me to the law of sin and death. But now I am resurrected with Him to new life and the body of sin has been dealt with. When this happened, I was free from not only the consequence of my sin, but from the power of sin itself.

I was raised in a fairly legalistic group and I was under a real bondage to seeing my relationship with God through the eyes of my performance rather than through the power of the blood of Christ. This absolutely set me free, and continues to set me free. God's grace, His power to do in me what I could never do and His willingness to do it for me, has filled me with joy and strength that I did not always have. A freedom has continually been coming to me and a power to live a holy life.

2022/11/23 19:29Profile
AbideinHim

Louisiana

The Lord revealed and made this scripture
real to me around 40 years ago.

: "The God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, may give unto you a spirit of wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of him" (Eph. 1.17).

Also , this scripture has burned in my
heart for many years:

“I have been crucified with Christ: and it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me, and the life I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself up for me

2022/11/24 10:59Profile

©2002-2021 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy