SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : How we have moved from neo paganism from atheism

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
deltadom

Hemel Hempstead

How we have moved from neo paganism from atheism

This is a hard thing to quantify but neo paganism is alive and well and atheism is dead in the UK
If you analyse the books in the bookshop such as Waterstones and other things
Pagan books are ten times a dozen there are whole sections on paganism
I also have a pagan collegue at work
How do you battle against paganism on the street other than through prayer or evangelism

I love preaching the gospel but I have felt more under spiritual attack to actually do it

I would be interested if neo paganism is alive and well in your country

Most Christian scholars have tried to debate atheism and post modernism but there is no neo paganism debate as it is more to do with feeling rather than thinking

That's why we need a revival, I need a revival

As god's power is the only thing to get through to a neo pagan

2022/11/20 13:11Profile
ChrisA

Re: How we have moved from neo paganism from atheism

Short answer: yes.

Still, the Word goes forth and souls are saved, even in the West. Now reports from Iran and mainland China indicate that miraculous moves of God are taking place, and many are coming to Christ, often at great cost to their lives.

Same with North Korea, Myanmar, etc.

2022/11/20 13:50Profile
drifter

Campbell River, B.C.

Re:

I see neo paganism all the time where I live. Just yesterday when I was shopping I saw a woman with a dress that had all kinds of occult symbols on it. I've talked to many practicing witches and satanists in the city where I live. There are at least 2 covens. It's a huge problem.

Just as an aside, many satanists you'll talk to will say they don't actually believe in the devil or worship him; it's like a form of atheism for them. Anton LaVey popularized this view in the 1960s; he did satanic rituals, not for the purpose of actually summoning evil spirits (he said), but for "aesthetic terrorism." (I don't believe LaVey was telling the truth about not believing in Satan's existence.)

I think, though, that atheism is dying out because people have a spiritual hunger that can't be fed with the stale, moldy bread of atheism. They want to be fulfilled spiritually, but they refuse to come to the true Bread of Life, Jesus.

2022/11/20 19:08Profile
deltadom

Hemel Hempstead

Re:

This may be an old post I am bringing up but the rise of paganism is so prevelant in the UK

You can't fight intellectual battles against the demonic

You go into Waterstones or any bookshop in the UK and look at the witchcraft section

It seems we are fighting an enemy

Then there is the whole battle with the world economic forum things such as the climate change agenda

I had a lecture at work regarding my carbon footprint and water usage

A global government is only prevelant in scripture at the end of the tribulation

I have never felt so under spiritual attack and I so long for bible study but few want to join

We can't fight paganism the same way that we fight atheism and from the UK we have lost the war against atheism

2023/9/30 6:07Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

I think it’s likely so popular in the UK because the country is so old and pagan practices go way back (Stonehenge, Avebury, Newgrange in Ireland etc) so people might see it as a sort of heritage. Not saying it’s not getting popular everywhere but in the US there weren’t ancient pagan practices (excluding what the natives were doing).

2023/9/30 7:42Profile
ESchaible

Re:

I am in northern Utah and the entire area I live is inundated with it. I consider Mormonism a form of paganism, but even if you dont, there are many and varied expressions of actual paganism here. It's hard to go more than a week or so without hearing it mentioned either in person, or in the news, and shops are popping up all over (I don't think many people realize that the herb shops selling sage bundles, etc., and many of the holistic shops are peddling paganism).

There are probably 20 churches in my town, 3 of which are not Mormon, but of those 1 is a prosperity church which is ironically likely to close due to lack of funding. The other 2 are not interested in anything other than reacting to Mormon teaching, and thereby have completely lost touch with the reality of God in interpreting everything as a reaction to LDS theology and it's blatant pagan beliefs.

Here it's more of a cultural reaction to the LDS religion and many people I work with, mostly younger generations, pick it up without even knowing the depth of the danger they put themselves in. But when 99 out of 100 people are Mormons, and 9 out of 10 non Mormons are rebellious children of Mormons, it's likely you'll find the more niche religious beliefs. A true Christian is a rare treasure where I live, and as far as I know, there isn't one for 50 miles in any direction.

Delta,
The warfare where I live is incredible violent, spiritually speaking. I understand where you are coming from and you are in my prayers dear brother. For a long time I was completely destroyed by the powers here, and through it all God gave me a deep and experiential knowledge of the principalities and powers of the air. So much we see can only be explained this way, and the only sanity found in areas like where I live is in Jesus Christ, not as doctrine, but as a living person dwelling within. We are solidly in the last time, and the deceptions and spiritual sleep upon the world prove this.

2023/9/30 14:07Profile
deltadom

Hemel Hempstead

Re:

I don't know whether mormans is likened as I have worked places and they openly say that they say I am a witch

2023/10/1 7:53Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy