SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : God did not create us to live by instructions.

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
PosterThread
davidkeel

West Sussex, England

Re:

I've removed the comment.

2022/11/16 7:11Profile
twayneb

Joplin, Missouri

Re: God did not create us to live by instructions.

Jeremiah prophesied that the day was coming when we would no longer have the law of God written on tablets of stone, but in our hearts. So, in a very real sense, we do not live by instructions anymore. We live by the prompting of the Holy Spirit who lives in us and with whom we are in constant fellowship. That does not mean that there are no instructions that guide us. Jesus, Paul, Peter, James, etc. all left instructions for how a believer should conduct his or her life. The real difference is that we no longer try to keep the instructions out of the effort of our flesh. We are born again and we obey from the Spirit, which is a very big difference. If we legalistically try to do what we read in the Bible, we will be miserable and it will not produce fruit in our lives. If we have relationship with God through Christ and learn to walk in the Spirit, then our obedience will bear much fruit.

2022/11/16 10:54Profile
deogloria

Re:

"Therefore go and make disciples of all nations,
baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit,and teaching them to obey all that I have commanded you." Matt. 28:19,20

This are just some of the clear instructions that Jesus gave to his disciples.
You are therefore promoting dangerous heresy

Markus

2022/11/16 12:31Profile
twayneb

Joplin, Missouri

Re:

Markus: I don't think I would consider the OP heresy. Far from it. But I do think we need to define what we mean by following instructions. I believe what is meant is that there is a difference in trying to live under law (trying to keep lists of rules by our own efforts)and living under the New Covenant in which we are born again and live governed by the indwelling Holy Spirit. A man or woman who lives completely governed by the Spirit of God would not need instructions to tell him or her how to live. The Holy Spirit would take care of that. Yet we do have instructions given in the New Testament. But they are in keeping with the things of the Spirit, not laws to be obeyed from the flesh.

2022/11/16 14:11Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

Nolan Ryan could throw a baseball through a brick wall because of his “indwelt” natural ability. He was also very wild and was in danger of a stalled career until a good pitching coach instructed him on proper throwing mechanics.

A person filled with the Spirit still needs to know what scripture says- not everything is intuitive even via the HS.

2022/11/16 16:44Profile
beloved-vern

Re: The law can not give LIFE

Gal 3:21- Is the law then against the promises of God? God forbid: for if there had been a law given which could have given life, verily righteousness should have been by the law.
Gal 3:22 But the scripture hath concluded all under sin, that the promise by faith of Jesus Christ might be given to them that believe.

God never intended for the law to be the solution for our sinful condition. The law can not cleanse our heart, make us righteous, make us holy, make us sons of God or transport us out of the Kingdom of darkness into the kingdom of light.

In Romans 7 Paul describes what happened to him when he tried to stop coveting but he did not not provide the solution to it until Romans 8.

Rom 8:2 For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death.

Rom 8:3 For what the law could not do, in that it was weak through the flesh, God sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, and for sin, condemned sin in the flesh:

For what the law could not do - JESUS CHRIST DID!!

So the only solution for our sinful condition was solved by God who sent his Son who died as us and then rose from the dead as us giving us His very life.

To wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them; and hath committed unto us the word of reconciliation. 2 Corinthians 5:19

The law could never reconcile us to Him. IMPOSSIBLE!!

2022/11/17 7:31Profile
twayneb

Joplin, Missouri

Re:

Todd: Agreed! The point was that we were never designed to live by law (simply by following instructions in our own fleshly effort). We are designed to live from a place of relationship and righteousness, governed by the Holy Spirit.

The scripture is very important. We cannot diminish that even a little bit. But there are people who have never owned or read the Bible who are living lives governed by the Holy Spirit and bearing fruit for the Kingdom of God.

So we cannot simply, from our flesh, try to do what the Bible says and be righteous or live Godly lives. We will simply be trying in our flesh to adhere to a set of rules. I think that is the point. The Bible is the word of God. We need it. We need to study it, teach it, allow it to absolutely transform us, and obey what is commands us to do. But a person who does not possess a Bible, and yet is born again and filled with the Spirit, will be governed by the Spirit of God. Even those who have the Bible and study it are not governed by the Spirit of God if they are not walking in the Spirit. This is evidenced by the craziness that we see going on in the "church" world these days.

2022/11/17 9:53Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

Travis agree 100%.

My Nolan Ryan analogy was simply intended to indicate the need to know the basic framework. His ability to throw as baseball faster than anyone was not due to instruction. But instruction kept his gift in check.

2022/11/17 13:34Profile
deogloria

Re:

vern
Where did you get your ideas from ? Some books ?
Do you go to a church at the moment ?

2022/11/21 8:32Profile
beloved-vern

Re: deogloria

Yes - me and my wife go to a local church.

I do not read many books but I am connected with many others by email and web pages.

Did you see this post?

https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=65194&forum=34

look what Chip wrote

"What is the Christian Life? It is leaving our ground altogether and coming onto the ground of Christ. It is deeper than a changed life – it is an exchanged life. Over time we can accomplish a change, but we can do nothing to exchange our life for His Life. This, from start to finish, is God’s work, and it is a work of grace. What, after all, is Righteousness? What is true Holiness? Christ is not righteous because He does righteous things; He does righteous things because He is Righteousness. Christ is not holy because He does holy things; He does holy things because He is Holiness. His “doing” flows out of His “being” – and OUR “doing” flows out of His “being” as well.

How so? The old man (self) is put off, and the New Man (Christ) is put on – this is Christianity. Christ then becomes my Righteousness and my Holiness. But too many of us take a natural, intellectual approach to Christianity. We think if only we can instruct people concerning the tenets of our faith, or persuade them with a logical argument, or woo them with some emotional plea, then we will have disciples. This is a falsehood. That is not Spirit and Life. Christianity is not memorizing certain doctrines or disseminating a systematic theology or having people repeat a so-called “Sinner’s Prayer”. Christianity is becoming one with a God-Man! You can have all the other in its proper place, but for too long that “other” has been offered as Christianity. And so people touch our beliefs, our doctrines, our religion, our theology, our zeal, but they do not touch a Living Christ."

That is what I am saying.

2022/11/21 9:26Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy