SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Articles and Sermons : Do You Know Your True Reality

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
FranklinB

Do You Know Your True Reality

Every day man inhabits 2 realms, one he can detect with his senses and the other has to be revealed to his spirit by God. In 2 Kings 6 when the king of Syria sent his army to get the man of God Elisha and they surrounded the city by night and the man of God servant came out and saw them he panicked. But, the man of God said, Fear not for there are more with us than with them. But, physically there were only two of them standing there. But, then he prayed, "Lord open his eyes that he may see." And the Lord opened his eyes and he saw the mountain covered with horses and chariots of fire all around Elisha. Notice, the physical and the spiritual was in the same place, at the same time and the spiritual was just as real as the physical. Just look at mankind he has a physical side and a spiritual side. The physical side of man will one day cease, but his spiritual side will live forever. So, which is more real the physical side or the spiritual side. In every situation, in every condition, in every trial there are two sides existing at the same time the natural, physical side and the spiritual side. In Genesis 17:4,5 God told Abraham, "For a father of many nations have I made thee", but Romans 4:19 says, that his body was dead and his wife's womb was dead. In the physical his body was dead, but in the spirit he was the father of many nations. Two realities that are contrary and yet existing at the same time.

2 Corinthians 4:17,18 says, For our light affliction, which is but for a moment, worketh for us a far more exceeding and eternal weight of glory; 18 While we look not at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen: for the things which are seen are temporal; but the things which are not seen are eternal. There it is again two realities existing at the same time, one seen which is temporal (temporary) and the other not seen which is eternal (everlasting). Notice, which one he tells you to give your attention to, the unseen. See, there's facts and there's truth they are not the same. And we need to know the difference. See, there's a difference between fact and truth: Fact-Fact is basically something that exists, or is present in reality. Hence, these are things that can be seen visually, and these are the things that can actually be verified. It is not just something that you believe, but rather these are more or less the things that can be observed empirically, or by the senses. So, facts can be seen and heard, as well as proven by the other senses. So, facts deals with what can be detected by the senses. Truth-Truth can be described as the true state of a certain matter. Now, truth is not always detectable to the senses. Truth has to be caught with the spirit. Jesus said in John 17:17 God's word is truth. So, any word not in line with God's word can't be truth, it can be fact, but it can't be the truth.

Romans 3:4 says, let God be true, but every man a liar. Notice, in John 14:17 it calls God the spirit of truth(not facts). And in Ephesians 1:13 it call the word the word of truth. And what did Jesus say in John 8:32 And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free. So, God is the God of truth not facts. That means in every situation I should go with the word and not my feelings nor senses. So, even if I have something going on with my body (that's a fact), but the truth is by his stripes I am healed (1 Peter 2:24). And that truth can make you free from that fact. When you get a report from the doctor that report is only based on what's happening in this natural, material world, but there's more than this natural, material world there's also the spiritual. And Isaiah said in Isaiah 53:1 who hath believed our report. So, just like that doctor has a report God has a report: Surely he hath borne our griefs(sickness and diseases), and carried our sorrows(pains and afflictions): yet we did esteem him stricken, smitten of God, and afflicted. 5 But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed (Isa. 53:4,5).

In the natural there might not be any hope, but with God all things are possible. There's always hope with God. I like what it says in Romans 4:18 in the new living translation: Even when there was no reason for hope, Abraham kept hoping—believing that he would become the father of many nations. For God had said to him, “That’s how many descendants you will have! If there was ever a reason to lose hope this was it, he was almost a hundred years old and his body was dead and his wife was past child baring years and barren. And yet in verse 19 you see that he considered not the deadness of his own body nor the deadness of his wife's womb. He wasn't flesh minded. And he became just what God said, a father of many nations. I know some don't consider the spiritual to be real or less real, but John 4:24 says, "God is a spirit" and yet 1 Timothy 3:16 says, God was manifest in the flesh. Now, is God any less real as spirit than manifested in the flesh, no. Two realities the one you agree with and talk will be the one you establish in your life. Abraham's body was dead, but he neither considered nor spoke his dead body he only considered and spoke in line with what God said. He was calling things that be not as though they were (Romans 4:19). He was not denying his dead body, but there was something more real to him than his dead body. It's not denying, no, you are speaking another reality that is more real than the one you are presently in physically.

It is not God's will that any should perish. And I wouldn't want to end this article without giving someone the opportunity to receive Jesus as their Lord and Savior. It's very easy just pray: Dear God- I know I have sinned and I now turn from them and I invite Jesus to come into my heart (Revelation 3:20). He died for my sins and you have raised him from the dead and I now confess that Jesus is my Lord and Savior (Romans 10:9,10). I thank you for saving me, Amen

2022/10/25 14:34Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy