SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : That they may be one, just as We are one

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
BranchinVINE

Australia

That they may be one, just as We are one

THAT THEY MAY BE ONE, JUST AS WE ARE ONE

John 17:20-23 (NASB 1995) –
I do not ask on behalf of these alone, but for those also who believe in Me through their word; that they may all be one; even as You, Father, are in Me and I in You, that they also may be in Us, so that the world may believe that You sent Me. The glory which You have given Me I have given to them, that they may be one, just as We are one; I in them and You in Me, that they may be perfected in unity, so that the world may know that You sent Me, and loved them, even as You have loved Me.

V. 23 (Amp.) –
I in them and You in Me, that they may be perfected and completed into one, so that the world may know [without any doubt] that You sent Me, and [that You] have loved them, just as You have loved Me.

John 14:16-17(NASB 1995) –
I will ask the Father, and He will give you another Helper, that He may be with you forever; that is the Spirit of truth, whom the world cannot receive, because it does not see Him or know Him, but you know Him because He abides with you and will be in you.

v. 20 –
In that day you shall know that I am in My Father, and you in Me, and I in you.

Note:
“In that day” is the day the Holy Spirit comes to indwell us re: v. 16-17.

Comment:
The Holy Spirit is given to us to make the truth of we in Christ and Christ in us, and our oneness with God, the living reality in us.

Col. 1:27 – Christ in you, the hope of glory.

This is our hope, our vision, our longing, our eternity.

This is so great a salvation!

This is made real in us by the Holy Spirit in us.

This is the power of the Holy Spirit in us.

2022/9/22 9:00Profile
twayneb

Joplin, Missouri

Re: That they may be one, just as We are one

Amen! Jesus bore sin on the cross so we could be restored to right relationship with the Father. That relationship is a oneness that is affected through the Holy Spirit living in us. Such a powerful truth. When we fully realize this it changes everything.

2022/9/29 12:58Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy