SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival
See Opportunities to Serve with SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Devotional Thoughts : Practical Atheist

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
PosterThread
JFW

Dothan, Alabama

Re: Practical Atheist

Filipe,
Your posts are edifying to me and tho there are cultural differences, we see things similarly.

In both of your threads you have written things that are a literal quote of things that have come from my own mouth while ministering -

Todd you wrote,
“ Wow, not only are billions and billions of non- Christians going to hell but so are the vast majority of Christians.”

Yes this is the sad truth, tho it is not the lack of efficacy of the blood of Christ,... rather what I have found is that many want to be saved “in their sin” not from them, or to say it another way, they want to be saved in the world but not from it- that is something Jesus never offered 🤷🏽‍♂️

2022/9/5 13:22Profile
AbideinHim

Louisiana

Re:

The unbalanced teaching on the grace of God without the true fear of the Lord has caused many Christians to feel secure in their sin that has not been repented of. God has called us to sanctification. God will chasten every born again believer because of His great love, and He knows that the wages of sin is death. We need the true fear of God restored to the Church.

“Behold therefore the goodness and severity of God: on them which fell, severity; but toward thee, goodness, if thou continue in his goodness: otherwise thou also shalt be cut off.” (Romans 11:22).

Unfailing love and faithfulness make atonement for sin. By fearing the LORD, people avoid evil. (Proverbs 16:6).

Titus 2:11–15 (KJV) For the grace of God that bringeth salvation hath appeared to all men, Teaching us that, denying ungodliness and worldly lusts, we should live soberly, righteously, and godly, in this present world;

2022/9/5 15:25Profile
JFW

Dothan, Alabama

Re: fear of God

Mike you wrote,
“ God will chasten every born again believer because of His great love, and He knows that the wages of sin is death. We need the true fear of God restored to the Church.”

Yes Amen!

and I’d add a bit a grit as well,... we’re way too soft in all the wrong places-
When I read the New Covenant, the disciples and later the apostles were very tender towards the Lord but aggressive in their ministry,... confrontational and obstinate is what they’d be called today if not worse 🤷🏽‍♂️
All while the modern church is far too much like the world in their desire for inclusivity and tolerance... frankly I’m completely intolerant of their tolerance of all this business and
if they don’t repent they will likewise perish. Not a snowballs chance that any of the apostles would put up with this worldliness, yet the “corporate structured church” now has transitive drag queens in the pulpit 🥺.
Yet the scriptures say not to even eat with them or with those whom approve such things ....
The sad fact is that just as mentally ill people of the world “identity” as something they’re not, so too do people in the “church” identity as christian when there is equally no evidence and we all pretend with them just like the world does with people suffering from gender dysphoria,... and my question is, how will they know if they don’t hear ? If we were to continue to abdicate and remain silent, how are they supposed to hear the gospel?
Do we believe that we will not be charged as an accomplice after the fact ?
Were we not filled that we might be used of God to glorify Himself in the fruit He produces in and through us ?
In this present day, the sins of omission are far more grievous than the sins of commission.
Yet the division we see within the Church worldwide where the largest of denominations are undergoing a shaking and separating, the Lord has His body untied under His headship and His body produces much fruit 🙏🏻
Personally I’m as excited by the prospects for the harvest as I am grieved by the apathy of the church.
So we,
“Rejoice always, Pray continuously and without ceasing, giving thanks in all things, for this is Gods will for you in Christ Jesus”

2022/9/5 21:10Profile
Filipe_Costa

Brazil

Re: Dear brothers.

Dear brothers.

I agree with what I've read from your comments.
When we talk about the grace of God, we need to keep this text in mind:

Titus 2:11-12
"11 For the grace of God that bringeth salvation hath appeared to all men, 12 Teaching us that, denying ungodliness and worldly lusts, we should live soberly, righteously, and godly, in this present world; 13 Looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Savior Jesus Christ."

We can observe the function of God's grace in our lives, not leaving us the same ever since we were converted, but the text says that grace teaches us to renounce ungodliness and carnal desires and live in this world with holiness, righteousness and sobriety.

All who say, "I was saved by grace".
Amen, that's right. Ephesians 2:8
But how has grace changed their lives?

Grace doesn't just save us, it also teaches us to deny, or renounce, and practice.

We know that there is no middle ground in the Bible, no one can have one foot with God and the other with the world.
Matthew 6:24
"No man can serve two masters:..."
Revelation 3:15-16
"I know thy works, that thou art neither cold nor hot: I would thou wert cold or hot. 16 So then because thou art lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spue thee out of my mouth "

Sadly, many have lived this way.

They look like Abel, but have Cain's heart.
They look like an angel, but have a demon's heart.
They have the appearance of Jesus, but the heart is that of Judas.

We can observe by the fruits that each one shows.

2022/9/6 15:32Profile
brothagary

Re:

I'm a big believer in entire sanctification and that the pursuit of holiness should be our main objectives as we seek the kingdom and his righteousness in doing so we eventually achieve loving God with all our heart mind soul and strength and loving our neighbour as ourself. But to be fair to the apostle Paul's letters the enemies of the Cross of Christ was not your average babe in Christ who if we read Corinthians we see the babes in Christ were called carnal and unspiritual they still had sin in their life but they were never classed as enemies of the Cross. Enemies of the Cross of Christ were always the gnostics and converted Pharisees that blended the law of Moses in with the grace of the gospel and particularly tried to imply that to the gentile converts , even Hebrews states those who were only on milk don't know good from evil which really paints babes in Christ in a similar picture to the letter to the Corinthians. Not growing up out of that stage of carnality which every Christian who is born again has to move through as a stage or stages of growth this is what the problem is when people are not taught to pursue holiness and expect transformation through the cross. We set ourselves up for a great failure if we do not distinguish the difference between an enemy of the Cross and a carnal Christian who is in the babe stage or even in a teenage stage. Because when we falsely judge and wrongly judge Brothers as enemies of the Cross we bring our self under the same judgement and inevitably quench the holy spirits power in our life. So watch out when you judge, for it will be measured back to you in the same measure. And don't think too highly of yourself because it's all Grace in their life and in our life. When we read the apostle Paul's letters he never calls babes in Christ enemies of the Cross but labelled them unspiritual carnal and they must grow up. We would do well if we had the love of Paul for the weak and in spiritual Christians who in many cases are unspiritual because of weak teaching on holiness. If you want Grace to move into the deeper levels of holiness and sanctification you pray for Grace for the weak and spiritual Christians and weep over their souls with agony of desire in the spirit of intercession, true prayer and supplication and you will do well.If you can't find true love and tears for the babes in Christ who are carnal and who have sin in their life you will not find Grace for yourself. FEED My lambs.

2022/9/6 18:57Profile
brothagary

Re:

Gal,6. Par ▾
Bear One Another’s Burdens

1Brothers,a if anyone is caught in any transgression, you who are spiritual should restore him in a spirit of gentleness. Keep watch on yourself, lest you too be tempted. 2Bear one another’s burdens, and so fulfill the law of Christ. 3For if anyone thinks he is something, when he is nothing, he deceives himself. 4But let each one test his own work, and then his reason to boast will be in himself alone and not in his neighbor. 5For each will have to bear his own load.

2022/9/6 19:04Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

Amen Gary.

2022/9/7 6:47Profile
JFW

Dothan, Alabama

Re: Gary

Yes there is a distinct difference between an immature christian and an enemy of the cross- and yes we are to labor in prayer tending to the needs of others, yet there are also wolves in sheep’s clothing that have crept in unawares and have drawn many away unto themselves just as Paul said would happen in Acts... these are to be confronted and rebuked at all points. They are not to be coddled or placated, to do so only brings reproach- Just read the letters to the churches in Revelations to see the effect of tolerating them.

To be clear, we ALL sin and fall short at times, tho there is a further distinction between those whom are seeking His kingdom and those whom simply use the “cover” of fellowship to lend themselves credibility in their worldly endeavors as though they are at liberty to pursue and be aligned with the world, it’s aims, it’s achievements, it’s affirmations- this mostly goes unchecked in this modern age largely due to the lack of faith and even when it’s addressed, it is most often done so passive aggressively and no godly fruit comes of it, rather it puffs up one side and excuses the other. This is not the way of Christ, yet is this not what we see permeating the modern Church ?
The Methodist have ordained transvestites
The Episcopalians have approved of sex change operations for all ages
The Southern Baptist Convention has been riddled with corruption for so long, now the Department of Justice has had to open investigations to attempt to provide remedy

This is not a lack of tolerance, this is a lack of discipline and fear of the Lord on the part of church “leadership” whom themselves have demonstrated they are not under the headship of Christ, else this would not be so- as a result the “sheep” are not being brought up in the fear of the Lord but are being fed damnable lies and comforted in their sin and taught to be “tolerant” and “inclusive” lacking discernment or even the light to be able to...

Most every person in church wants the new creation, kingdom based, eternal life, yet very few are willing to die to themselves and this world.
You can’t be reborn if you haven’t died yet... 🤷🏽‍♂️
IF they refuse to be identified with the cross of Christ, they are ineligible to be raised with Him in newness of life -
This has resulted in our churches being filled not with “carnal christians” but with scores of unconverted souls whom are falsely being comforted on their way to hell. 🥺

Bold, confrontational preaching of the cross and repentance is what the scriptures provide as remedy, yet where is such freshness in today’s pulpits...??
We’ve turned John 3:16 into the gospel and it is not!
In fact the whole book of John is written exclusively to believers and is in no way applicable to the unbelieving, unconverted-
Yet we seem to be embarrassed by the true gospel as it is not only confrontational but offensive to anyone not yet born again, so we see it trimmed here, shaved there and perpetually watered down in an attempt to fit in with their worldview rather than expose it as lacking any basis in eternal reality.

2022/9/7 8:25Profile
AbideinHim

Louisiana

Re:

God is so merciful and a brother or sister that falls many times and repents and has a heart to change God will forgive them every time. It is the Christian that has no desire to repent of sin, that continues in their sin, and believes that because of God‘s grace God overlooks the sin, those are the ones that are enemies of the cross of Christ.

2022/9/7 13:36Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

//It is the Christian that has no desire to repent of sin, that continues in their sin, and believes that because of God‘s grace God overlooks the sin, those are the ones that are enemies of the cross of Christ.//

This person is not a Christian, I would argue.

2022/9/7 14:02Profile

©2002-2021 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy