SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Devotional Thoughts : Practical Atheist

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
PosterThread
Filipe_Costa

Brazil

Practical Atheist

Titus 1:16
"They profess that they know God; but in works they deny him, being abominable, and disobedient, and unto every good work reprobate."

When we look at this text, we find here people who only say with their mouth that they know God, but in fact their lives demonstrate that they do not belong to Him.
The point here is not to convince them that there is a creator God, but that their life does not match this belief.

The problem that the early church went through is the same problem that we face today: A lot of people who claim to be of God, to be followers of Christ, but their lives show that they don't know Him.

Philippians 3:18
"...that they are the enemies of the cross of Christ."

Here it shows us that they are not enemies of Jesus, but only of his Cross.
There are people who like Jesus, like the good things He can offer, but they don't want the cross.

They live only as nominal Christians, they say they are, but in fact it is the opposite.

In Revelation 3:1,
"...I know thy works, that thou hast a name that thou livest, and art dead."

The church here had a name of being alive. It had an appearance of being firm with God, but in fact Jesus knew that even if they talked about Him, they didn't have Him.

Many today talk about Jesus, but they don't have Jesus.
They teach about Him, but never allow themselves to be taught by Him.
They like to preach to others, but they don't preach to themselves.

They live by fame, live by name, live because of the Bible they carry, but the truth is that they have nothing to do with Christ.

How is your life?
Do you condemn atheists for not believing, but deep down you are like them?
Do you try to prove the existence of God to an atheist, but fail to practice what you preach?

The text of Titus 1:16 says that these people are abominable and reprobate.
Knowledge alone does not save.

It doesn't matter what seminar you did,
It doesn't matter what college you studied,
It doesn't matter your doctorate...

If we do not practice what is written in the Word of God, we will be as reprobate as the atheist who never studied.

2022/9/2 9:23Profile
deogloria

Re: Practical Atheist

Thank you Filipe
"If we do not practice what is written in the Word of God, we will be as reprobate as the atheist who never studied..."

John 8:30 As Jesus spoke these things, many believed in Him. 31So He said to the Jews who had believed Him,
“If you continue in My word, you are truly My disciples. 32Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.”
Jesus said this to the Jews who "believed in Him"

Matthew 7:21 “Not everyone who calls out to me, ‘Lord! Lord!’ will enter the Kingdom of Heaven.

Markus

2022/9/3 2:43Profile
AbideinHim

Louisiana

“Here it shows us that they are not enemies of Jesus, but only of his Cross.
There are people who like Jesus, like the good things He can offer, but they don't want the cross.”

Most Christians that believe in Jesus, and have received forgiveness of sins through the atoning work of Jesus Christ through His shed blood are not true disciples of Christ. For to follow Jesus is to deny self and to TAKE UP HIS CROSS. We all have a cross, and that cross was designed to crucify the self life, so that we would live the Christ life. It’s Galatians 2:20:
“I have been crucified with Christ; and it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself up for me.”

2022/9/3 8:57Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

Wow, not only are billions and billions of non- Christians going to hell but so are the vast majority of Christians. So much for power in the blood.

2022/9/3 11:47Profile
AbideinHim

Louisiana

Re:

Todd, nothing was said about
true Christians going to hell, but
some will make it with all their unfruitful
Works, the wood, hay, and stubble
burned up.

…”If what he has built survives, he will receive a reward. If it is burned up, he will suffer loss. He himself will be saved, but only as if through the flames. Do you not know that you yourselves are God’s temple, and that God’s Spirit dwells in you?” ( 1 Cor. 3: 14-16)

2022/9/3 12:11Profile
AbideinHim

Louisiana

Re:

Todd, nothing was said about
true Christians going to hell, but
some will make it with all their unfruitful
Works, the wood, hay, and stubble
burned up.

…”If what he has built survives, he will receive a reward. If it is burned up, he will suffer loss. He himself will be saved, but only as if through the flames. Do you not know that you yourselves are God’s temple, and that God’s Spirit dwells in you?” ( 1 Cor. 3: 14-16)

2022/9/3 20:24Profile
AbideinHim

Louisiana

There are people who like Jesus, like the good things He can offer, but they don't want the cross.”

Most Christians that believe in Jesus, and have received forgiveness of sins through the atoning work of Jesus Christ through His shed blood are not true disciples of Christ. For to follow Jesus is to deny self and to TAKE UP HIS CROSS. We all have a cross, and that cross was designed to crucify the self life, so that we would live the Christ life. It’s Galatians 2:20:
“I have been crucified with Christ; and it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself up for me.”

2022/9/3 20:25Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

I tend to disagree that there are “mini-Christians” on one hand and “super-Christian” disciples on the other. “The disciples were called Christians first at Antioch.” Acts 11:26.

What I do believe is that there is a great variation in the “range” of disciples. Some make great strides then backslide for a period, but repent and move forward after a time. Some may sit idle for a time then slowly move forward again.

Some are more obedient than others. Some struggle in certain areas.

A true disciple (Christian) is marked by his/her love for Jesus. The Gospel is not a message of performance-oriented acceptance with God. We are saved by the grace of the King, and we obey because we love the King. If we do not love Jesus, whatever begrudged obedience we may render is a sham. It is not salvation.

2022/9/4 7:29Profile
AbideinHim

Louisiana

2022/9/4 7:41Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

My point is that Christians are disciples of Jesus. There are no true Christians who are not disciples on some level. If a person has no desire to follow the Lord, they are not a Christian. Some are better followers than others. But the weaker ones *want* a closer walk despite their failures.

2022/9/4 16:47Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy