SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : The deception in the church- the new move of the devil!

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
Joshua99

Austin Tx.

The deception in the church- the new move of the devil!

What came to me this morning, while I prepare myself for the day, is the scripture, where the Lord spoke about "a little leven, levens the whole lump" All the marketing strategies, change the face of the church image, softening the message of the cross against sin, the flesh and the devil, from the pulpit. I remember why 15 years ago, I moved my family down from the suburbs of Washington D.C. to Texas, simply to get away from all the psychology, and human philosophy that was flooding the churches in the mid-eighties. I wanted only the pure Word of God to enter my ears. Well, praise God for His discernment, for hell is knocking down the doors of churches all over this country. How? Who would allow such things to happen, you might ask? Just the well-intentioned churches, with pastors, longing to grow their churches (to win the lost) at any cost. Yes, any cost! I recognize some familiar themes hitting my community today, such as new age thinking, business stragedies, positive thinking, psychology, all forsaken the Truth of God's Word in some form. Yes, these are hard words, but you haven't walked in my shoes, to see what I went through in years past, to guard the Word of God hid in my heart, for today. The devil is working in a new way...if you can't beat them, face to face, than ..become one like them, with a smile and a handshake. The enemy of our Lord and Savior has given to the church the privileges of eating from the tree of good and evil as we also eat from the tree of Life ! Nothing's wrong with that, right? Where are the watchers on the walls????? Where are the prophets sounding the alarm? Yes, this now happening at my church, all the little do-dads that make everything acceptable to the coummunity of the unsaved and the church hopper, yeah, I was one of those to, not too long ago. I am grieved at the compromise of the Truth, for the sake of gain-whether its to add people to the church family list, or add worldly influenced media/music/drama programs. Many of the saints at the turn of the 19th century would be jumping out of there resting places, demanding REPETANCE from such things, if the Lord would allowed them too. The hour is late and growing darker still. :-D

2005/7/27 9:03Profile

Re: The deception in the church- the new move of the devil!

You're playin' my song, brother.

Krispy

2005/7/27 9:35

Re:

http://www.crossroad.to/Bible_studies/sermons/devotions/loneliness.htm

Please [u]just[/u] read Tozer and the Scriptures on this one link.

I know now why they "sawed the prophets in half" etc. to them all and will kill the Two Witnesses etc. and why the Jeremiahs of this world are called too negative, judgmental, unloving, etc. etc..

God help those type folks.

I can't wait till HE returns.

Reckon that's why it's called our "Blessed Hope".

2005/7/27 16:22
JaySaved

Missouri

Re:

Bless you all. I have such a burden on my heart for the church. I am growing tired of sermons entitled, "5 ways to live a happy life" or "10 reasons why God wants to bless you"

I long for sermons that speak on Heaven, Hell, Grace, Mercy, Redemption and the horror of sin!

2005/7/27 16:42Profile
Joshua99

Austin Tx.

Re:

Quote:
I long for sermons that speak on Heaven, Hell, Grace, Mercy, Redemption and the horror of sin!

Brother, You hit it on the head! That is the heart of the gospel, being led by the precious Holy Spirit. To deliver His people first from the world in us and among us and to live victorious over sin, this means our flesh and the evil one. Bringing all Glory from His life living through us, to glorify our Father, in Heaven! My wealth is in Heaven, not here, my wisdom is from above, not worldly business principles, or positive(leave your flesh happy and kickin)thinking!!Lord Jesus Christ have mercy on us all, Amen.

2005/7/27 16:58Profile
Christisking

Los Angeles, California

Re:

Amen Joshua!

I have the same burden for the church and feel the present condition of the church sickens the heart of God. We should all be ashamed and repent for letting things degenerate into the condition we find ourselves today!

The past couple of posts remind me of the following quote I read some time back.

"The ministry is sadly in need of a blessing which will give it courage to attack sin of all kinds and degrees. We need men who will rip the mask off the face of sin and pronounce God's sentence upon it; who will lift up the trap-door of the cesspools of men's hearts and bid them look within at their own sin; who will "cry aloud and spare not," though the enraged cohorts of demons snarl and shriek. There will be a day when men will curse us because we have not preached more plainly. Brethren in the ministry, let us be less anxious about the technical accuracy of our sermons and be more eager to help men live right and quit sin and go to heaven.

There are many sins which few men have the courage to antagonize in public. Theoretically the pulpit is supposed to bombard all sin of every variety and species, but, alas, it is usually too cowardly. The Spirit-filled man fears no one. It is not that ministers are unaware of the sins within the Church, but they dare not speak openly against them. He knows only too well that if he dares assert his manhood and exercises the prerogative of Christ's minister, the consequences could be swift and terrible, the loss of the approval of men, and maybe even his pastorate. But let us be content with the approval and comfort of God rather than fear men. For the sake of the Church and the lost, GOD HELP US to forsake the fear of man." Byron J. Rees

Let us all pray that God will give all of us the strength to stop talking about it (although talking is good but not by itself) and go down to our local mega church, our local prosperity (word of faith) church, our local free grace church or even our own fellowship and stand up and declare enough is enough!!! To rip he mask off the face of sin and call for repentance!!!

2005/7/27 17:23Profile
ellie

UK

Re: The deception in the church- the new move of the devil!

Well that was so refreshing to read well actually I listened as I read, so I heard you.
You say all the things that are in my heart.

You have enspired me to list a Post called.

'God has been moveing in our Church'

ellie

2005/7/27 20:49Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy