SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : The Bait of Satan - Offence

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
PosterThread
dohzman

Re:

He has another book on false prophets in the church which also is very good. He seems to have a more balanced approach than most people do. God bless , Bait of satan is a very needed topic especially on these boards where sometimes we get into a little heated discussions and there are occassions for taking offense at what someone else has wrote or even replied to .

2005/8/2 12:43Profile
coops

How could this happen to me?

Quote:
He seems to have a more balanced approach than most people do

Yeah I remember listening to his sermons when he was talking about holiness. It was such a radical call, but he offered grace along with it...

Anyway I read another chaper today of The Bait of Satan for anyone whos interested (?), ill post my thoughts...

The big question today was: [b]"If you were genuiney mistreated, do you have the right to be offended?"[/b] The answer was in Genisis 37-48, in the life of Joseph...

Bevere talked about how Joseph's dream turned into a nightmare, as he was sold by his own brothers into slavery. Apparently in those days, for him it was the closest thing you could get to actually being dead. In fact, most would understand if he wish he did wish that, at least he wouldnt know what he could have become...

We know the story, but he didn't... and he goes and serves faithfully! He could be holding bitterness and grudges and be a rebellious slave, after all he has nothing to live for now...

After faithful service, he is then thrown into prison for something he didn't do. Apparently the prison is not like today. They have no light and are dark and damp, and in the psalms it says Joseph was in chains. So he was pretty much left there for dead.

Now is the time to be offended at his master, his master's wife, his brothers... how far is he from God's dream?! Now he could be offended at God. Then along comes the cup bearer who forgets him.

He understood that is he devil could destroy us, he would have along time ago.

He is left for two years, forgotten... offended? Nope! He eventually is put into the power God had promised.

Finally his brothers came for help. If he has any offence he could have carried out any plan he liked then. Instead he gave them grain free of charge, and eventually gave them the bast land in Egypt!

[b]"But I say to you, love your enemies, bless those who curse you, do good to those who hate you, and pray for those who spitefully use you and persecute you"[/b] Mat 5:44

Without Jesus's words, he did it anyway!

[b]"But now, do not therefore be grieved or angry with yourselves because you sold me here; [i]for God sent me[/i] before you to preserve life. For these two years the famine has been in the land, and there are still five years in which there will be neither plowing nor harvesting. And [i]God sent me[/i] before you to preserve a posterity for you in the earth, and to save your lives by a great deliverance. So now [i]it was not you who sent me here, but God[/i]; and He has made me a father to Pharaoh, and lord of all his house, and a ruler throughout all the land of Egypt."[/b] Gen 45:5-8 (emphasis mine!)

So it was God... He wasn't angry any anyone, he was thankful to God! He gave God the glory!

So being free from offence will keep us in God's will...

[b]"No temptation has overtaken you except such as is common to man; but God is faithful, who will not allow you to be tempted beyond what you are able, but with the temptation will also make [u]the[/u] way of escape, that you may be able to bear it[/b] 1 Cor 10:13 (emphasis mine!)

He has been there before, and has the way of escape. I don't need to fall into offence, I can escape. I can resist the devil and he will flee! (James 4:7)

Reading all that about Joseph really humbles me...

anyway thats what i got out of today, i hope somebody enjoys it :-)

God bless

2005/8/3 18:46Profile
MyGodJesus

Re: The Bait of Satan

I read this Book many years ago, and Indeed it is a very good book.

2005/9/14 15:57Profile

Re:Where's Coop ?

O.K., I asked a brother here yesterday, where's coops been ?

Hey coops, where are you ? You haven't posted since 8/21 I think it says.

Yoooo-hoooo !
Annie

2005/9/14 23:56
_Disciple_

The Netherlands

Re:

Quote:

GrannieAnnie wrote:
O.K., I asked a brother here yesterday, where's coops been ?

Hey coops, where are you ? You haven't posted since 8/21 I think it says.

Yoooo-hoooo !
Annie

Hi Annie!

yea he has been off for awhile, i spoke with him lately, he is doing fine :-) and he will be back don't worry!

William

2005/9/16 7:04Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

Coops,

Interesting thread...I may have to go buy the book.

You wrote: I reached out in love to this person, but got harsh attacks back. I then put up walls to avoid hurt, and pulled out the word to justify myself. My love stayed for a while, but eventually offence ruled. As a result, I ended up justifying myself, rather than repenting from my offence and waxing love. Am I alone?

You asked a very good question. I am troubled by an encounter where the Holy Spirit told me to confront a sister who was known to lie and was able to prove the things she said were lies - intentional or not, I never did learn. But she had her defenders from the same church. These were women I had trusted. Later when confronted with the things they said, they denied it. Now can you tell me how to deal with it? Trust could easily be restored if they would only admit it, but they refuse to do so, now where does that put me? I have tried to get outside help but they do not want to deal with it, telling me our friendships will likely never be the same again. I beg to difer on that..they could.

What would you suggest?

ginnyrose

2005/9/16 13:02Profile

Re:

Disciple ~ THANK YOU !!!

I was really enjoying reading his additions to this thread also, besides just worried for him ... so thank you lots.

Ginnyrose, I'm sure glad you posed your question directly to coops, because, God Help me (amen), I can handle slaps in the face, and things way beyond that and forgive ... but there's something about being "lied to", that though I can cool off from it and feel forgiveness ... I still tend to back off from that person after that.
Not that I wouldn't go help them, if they needed anything ... but "trust" between two people, to me, seems to be the 'foundation' of a relationship. I know with "brethren", the LORD is the "foundation", but what I mean is, in 'relationships' of any kind, it needs to be built on trust. At least it helps :-? .

I think I need prayer on that ... cuz I've always seen "lying" as the worst of sins.
It's being a 'phoney' (not real), and when I can't trust someone, that's hard.

Another one, is when folks secretly (behind the scenes) make divisions between people/friends/brethren.

Hope Coops, can answer for both of us on these things. We need each other's help.

Love to you,
Annie

2005/9/16 16:50
MyGodJesus

Re:

ginnierose:

You asked a very good question. I am troubled by an encounter where the Holy Spirit told me to confront a sister who was known to lie and was able to prove the things she said were lies - intentional or not, I never did learn. But she had her defenders from the same church. These were women I had trusted. Later when confronted with the things they said, they denied it. Now can you tell me how to deal with it? Trust could easily be restored if they would only admit it, but they refuse to do so, now where does that put me? I have tried to get outside help but they do not want to deal with it, telling me our friendships will likely never be the same again. I beg to difer on that..they could.

What would you suggest?

Love them anyways, it's obvious that they mean alot to you, that in your heart of hearts you desire to have a relationship with them.
Let Go and Let God... You also mentioned that the lady was known to lie and that she could prove it. How is this possible, it's either the truth or it's a lie. Have you been obidient to the Holy Spirit when he told you to approach her?

GrannieAnnnie

Ginnyrose, I'm sure glad you posed your question directly to coops, because, God Help me (amen), I can handle slaps in the face, and things way beyond that and forgive ... but there's something about being "lied to", that though I can cool off from it and feel forgiveness ... I still tend to back off from that person after that.
Not that I wouldn't go help them, if they needed anything ... but "trust" between two people, to me, seems to be the 'foundation' of a relationship. I know with "brethren", the LORD is the "foundation", but what I mean is, in 'relationships' of any kind, it needs to be built on trust. At least it helps .

It does help "TRUST" is vitally important in anykind of relationship. How can you both back away and help at the same time? Obviously your Love is much greater then your inward struggles.

This is what you do;

Phillipians 4:8 -- Finally, brethern, whatever things are true, whatever things are noble, whatever things are just, whatever things are pure, whatever things are lovely, whatever things are of good report, if there is any virtue and if there is anything praiseworthy-MEDIATE on these things.

2005/9/16 17:36Profile

Re:

Hi MyGodJesus,

I fully agree with your answers.

I have one more question.

Have you ever felt the Lord to tell you to "LOVE everyone fervently" ... but then have Him tell you ... "I KNOW you love them ... but I'm asking you to distance yourself from them." ?

..... As in one particular person, at one time or another in your life, since He's come in. ?

One of our Profs said, that 'can' happen.

What is your opinion ?

thanks
Love in HIM.

Annie

2005/9/16 17:55
MyGodJesus

Re:

The only time the Lord would ask you to distance yourself from them, is when he knows that you will NOT do anything but spend time with him and in his word. It's only for a season. Perhaps it could be an assignment that he may give you in witnessing to someone, a friend, a family member ect. Perhaps it could be to study his word, to sit as someone mentioned on a previous thread silent for 1/2 hr or an hour, or all day. All day in the word and speaking to him, and crying, and worshippng, and praying... All DAY WITH MYGODJESUS.

I believe the only other time the Lord would ask you to separate is if this person chooses not to serve God. Then you separate, but continue to PRAY for them, and love them. Amen

I hope this helps and brings strength and encouragement to you.

Ask the Lord to reveal to you why he is asking you to separate and is he really asking you?

2005/9/16 18:17Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy