SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival
20 Years SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Feminism, Family, and Anarchy

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
savannah

Feminism, Family, and Anarchy

“When the family shall no longer have a head, and the great foundation for the subjection of children in the mother’s example is gone; when the mother shall have found another sphere than her home for her energies; when she shall have exchanged the sweet charities of domestic love and sympathy for the fierce passions of the political campaign; when families shall be disrupted at the impulse of either party, and the children scattered as abandoned infants from their home, — it requires no wisdom to see that a race of sons will be reared nearer akin to devils than to men.

“In the hands of such a bastard progeny, without discipline, without homes, without a God, the last remains of social order will speedily perish, and society will be overwhelmed in savage anarchy.” (Written in 1871 by R.L. Dabney American Christian theologian)

"Was Dabney a Prophet" read at this link; https://www.abbevilleinstitute.org/was-dabney-a-prophet/
On July 1, 1894 in a letter to Thomas Cary Johnson (his later biographer)Dabney wrote,
“I am the Cassandra of Yankeedom, predestined to prophesy truth and never to be believed by her country until too late.”

In some ways we are too late. Many of Dabney’s prophecies have already come to pass. However, instead of ignoring the man, we should consider the arguments of this intellectual giant. Time has vindicated Robert Lewis Dabney.

2022/7/6 14:30Profile
ChrisA

Re: Feminism, Family, and Anarchy

This man was a terrible racist - pro-slavery, white supremacist, etc. There are a plethora of quotes of his to substantiate this. Here is but one link among so many:

https://www.desiringgod.org/articles/providence-is-no-excuse

2022/7/8 20:24Profile
savannah

Re: thou art the man...

Hi ChrisA,

If you'd be so kind to answer 2 questions about yourself, we here on the SI forum would like to welcome you since I see you just joined today.

1) Are you a male or a female
2) Are you a feminist

Thanks

2022/7/8 21:52Profile
ChrisA

Re:

Yesterday, when I signed up to join this forum, the moderator did not ask questions of gender or socio-political issues, only matters of faith in our Lord Jesus Christ. And he warmly greeted me.

You are not the moderator.

2022/7/9 9:55Profile
narrowpath

Germany NRW

Re:

Welcome on SI, Chris.

2022/7/9 10:13Profile
savannah

Re: Q&A

ChrisA,

So...what you're saying is, as one who has faith in our Lord Jesus Christ, that you are unwilling to answer the questions I've posed. You'll not divulge to the SI members of this forum whether you are male or female, and whether you are a feminist.

You leave me to assume that you are either stubborn, or that you have something to hide with a personal agenda.

Transparency is the best policy if you want to be taken seriously.

2022/7/9 10:38Profile
deogloria

Re:

ChrisA

have you been on this forum before,under a different name ?

2022/7/9 11:24Profile

©2002-2023 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy