SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Food shortages in the fall?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

Indeed, but not to 95% of Christian hoarders.

2022/6/19 20:17Profile
docs

Re:

So, if food shortages are coming, maybe soon, what would be the best course for Christians to take about now, practically speaking? Just wondering what folks think.

2022/6/19 21:52Profile
savannah

Re: tomorrow...

"So, if food shortages are coming, maybe soon, what would be the best course for Christians to take about now, practically speaking? Just wondering what folks think."

I am certain that Jesus has the answer to that, an infinitely better answer than any of us mere mortals can give,christian or otherwise;

Matthew 6 - Jesus says,

25“That’s why I’m telling you to stop worrying about your life—what you will eat or what you will drink —or about your body—what you will wear. Life is more than food, isn’t it, and the body more than clothing? 26Look at the birds in the sky. They don’t plant or harvest or gather food into barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. You are more valuable than they are, aren’t you? 27Can any of you add a single hour to the length of your life by worrying? 28And why do you worry about clothes? Consider the lilies in the field and how they grow. They don’t work or spin yarn, 29but I tell you that not even Solomon in all of his splendor was clothed like one of them. 30Now if that is the way God clothes the grass in the field, which is alive today and thrown into an oven tomorrow, won’t he clothe you much better—you who have little faith?

31“So don’t ever worry by saying, ‘What are we going to eat?’ or ‘What are we going to drink?’ or ‘What are we going to wear?’ 32because it is the unbelievers who are eager for all those things. Surely your heavenly Father knows that you need all of them! 33But first be concerned about God’s kingdom and his righteousness,and all of these things will be provided for you as well. 34So never worry about tomorrow, because tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

https://youtu.be/YKNODmUmwJE

2022/6/19 22:30Profile
deogloria

Re:

Just a couple more thoughts.
100 years ago people didn't have Supermarkets etc. They were mainly self sufficient. They had plenty in summer and they knew it was wise to prepare for winter. They had some wisdom and the skills to preserve food. They didn't just sit around, praying the God would somehow get them through winter.
At the moment there is still enough food for everyone. So if we stock up a bit now we are not hurting anyone, everyone else still has enough.

An important thing I have been learning in recent years is to be careful what sort of "advice" I'm listening to from other Christians. It is paramount to know the Word of God, to pray, seek His guidance and His wisdom and then make decisions even if the majority doesn't agree.

2022/6/20 4:47Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

I’m not against taking reasonable measures. The issue is what we are willing to do with our stockpile. That’s where it gets dicey.

2022/6/20 8:07Profile
AbideinHim

Louisiana

Re:

"So, if food shortages are coming, maybe soon, what would be the best course for Christians to take about now, practically speaking? Just wondering what folks think."

Seek first the Kingdom of God.

Be prepared for what is coming

Don’t hoard but love and help those in need

2022/6/20 9:02Profile
Lysa

East TN for now!

Re: Food shortages in the fall?

I guess since the church lacks fasting (not speaking for anyone on SI), we may be forced to fast going forward!

We can accumulate all kinds of food but a starving person will smell it from a mile away and bring other starving friends.

I read a secular book about 5 years ago called One Second After. It was about an EMP (?) bomb going off of the south east United States. That book scared me so much I won't read the 2nd book, One Year After.

It was spot-on in my opinion of what happens. The town heads knew they had to form a militia and they went house to house within the county for the majority of guns and for the food.

Every Christian needs to read this book to destroy what fantasies they have of saving up all their food and eating it alone.

We should practice the presence of God and the practice of fasting before we MUST practice it.

God bless,
Lisa

2022/6/21 16:31Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy