SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Desolate Deep Ellum

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread

Desolate Deep Ellum

[b]Desolate Deep Ellum[/b]
[i]Saturday July 23, 2005[/i]

The west end of Dallas has a perfect place for open-air. Amidst all the tall office buildings there is a small plot of land which is similar to a green or a park. Hundreds of people go there every day, resting in the shade of all the trees, to catch either a bus or a train.

I was cautious about this area because the cops have threatened me with arrest multiple times in the past there. The first time I attempted to preach in Dallas after coming back from Connecticut was this spot and I was almost arrested because "someone complained". But there didn't seem to be any cops in sight this time but there were plenty of people to preach to.

I stood in a spot where everyone could see me and said "I've come out here today to share a message with everyone. It's a message about life, and a message about death. It's a message about Heaven, and it's a message about hell." As I noticed a good amount of people positioned themselves to listen to what I was about to say. They continued listening as I elaborated on 1 Corinthians 6:9, explaining the deadly works of the flesh and how one can receive eternal life. I would say this 20 minute open-air went rather well with no hecklers yet a nice size attentive audience...and I wasn't arrested!!

Later I connected with a team of seven people that I've been taking out from Teen Mania all year to Deep Ellum. I had already been in Dallas, on a date with Krista, and they met up with us for late night ministry to the clubbers.

Deep Ellum, the club district, was rather desolate. We arrived early of course, but it didn't seem to pick up until around 11:30pm. Because some of the interns had curfew we had to leave to get back by 2am. However while we were there we were able to have a prayer meeting amidst all the vile sin, give out tons of tracts, as well as talk one on one to people. A simple tract or a simple conversation can carry more weight then we expect some times. Eternity will show what the fruit of our labors really did.

2005/7/26 23:17

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy