SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Articles and Sermons : Why Speak God's Word III

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
FranklinB

Why Speak God's Word III

This is the third and probably the last part of the series Why Speak God's Word. What is involved when you speak God's word, you are planting and watering seed. Jesus told the parable of the sower in Mark 4 where he let's us know that the seed is the word of God and the place the seed is sown is in the heart(spirit) of man (Mark 4:14,15). This is a simple to understand and yet powerful principal. Romans 10:8 says, But what saith it? The word is nigh thee, even in thy mouth, and in thy heart: that is, the word of faith, which we preach. So, the word you keep in your mouth will get in your heart(soil). It's important that you keep the word in your mouth because Isaiah 55:10,11 says, For as the rain cometh down, and the snow from heaven, and returneth not thither, but watereth the earth, and maketh it bring forth and bud, that it may give seed to the sower, and bread to the eater: 11 So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it. Notice, God says that as the rain makes the earth bring forth so shall my word be, so the word also acts as water. So, God says just as it works in the natural it also works in the spiritual.

As you speak the word it goes down into the soil of your spirit. And as the rain makes the earth bring forth, the word will make your spirit bring forth. That's why it says in Isaiah 55:11 his word shall not return to him void, which means-without fruit. So, you could say his word will not return to him without producing fruit. How do you return his word when you speak it, confess it, proclaim it. I like what it says in Proverbs 18:21 Death and life are in the power of the tongue: and they that love it shall eat the fruit thereof. What is the fruit of the tongue, it's the manifestation of what you are saying. Jesus said it this way, A good man out of the good treasure of his heart bringeth forth that which is good; and an evil man out of the evil treasure of his heart bringeth forth that which is evil: for of the abundance of the heart his mouth speaketh (Luke 6:45). Notice, it says that a man bringeth forth out of his heart(spirit) what has been deposited just as Jesus said in Mark 4:28 that the earth bringeth forth fruit of itself. Now, why does a person plant seed in the natural because everyone knows that if I put a seed in the ground and continue to water it at some point I am suppose to see the thing I planted. Well, that's the same point the word wants to get across just as you have seed, soil,water, and light in the natural everything you need to produce something you have seed, water, soil, and light in the spiritual everything you need to produce something. Note the word is also considered as light The entrance of thy words giveth light; it giveth understanding unto the simple (Psalm 119:130).

Well, let's see that in the scriptures in the case of Abraham and Sarah God promised that through him and his wife that his descendants would be like the stars in the sky, but he was old and his body was dead and she was old and barren. So, what did God do He changed their names from Abram-high father to Abraham-father of a great multitude and from Saria-my princess to Sarah-Princess of the multitude. Their names had meaning and not just meaning, but meaning in line with what God promised. So, their names was the seed and the water. By continually taking in the word(their names) the word did not return to God void. Their descendants were as the stars in the sky. They planted and watered and God gave the increase, I have planted, Apollos watered; but God gave the increase. 7 So then neither is he that planteth any thing, neither he that watereth; but God that giveth the increase (1 Corinthians 3:6,7). And that seed could still be producing fruit. How about the woman with the issue of blood in Mark 5:25-34 And there was a woman who had had a flow of blood for twelve years, 26 And who had endured much [a]suffering under [the hands of] many physicians and had spent all that she had, and was no better but instead grew worse. 27 She had heard the reports concerning Jesus, and she came up behind Him in the throng and touched His garment, 28 For she kept saying, If I only touch His garments, I shall be restored to health. 29 And immediately her flow of blood was dried up at the source, and [[b]suddenly] she felt in her body that she was healed of her [[c]distressing] ailment. 30 And Jesus, recognizing in Himself that the power proceeding from Him had gone forth, turned around immediately in the crowd and said, Who touched My clothes? 31 And the disciples kept saying to Him, You see the crowd pressing hard around You [d]from all sides, and You ask, Who touched Me? 32 Still He kept looking around to see her who had done it. 33 But the woman, knowing what had been done for her, though alarmed and frightened and trembling, fell down before Him and told Him the whole truth. 34 And He said to her, Daughter, your faith (your [e]trust and confidence in Me, springing from faith in God) has restored you to health. Go in [f](into) peace and be continually healed and freed from your [[g]distressing bodily] disease. She had that issue for 12 long years, but then she heard about Jesus and she came in the press behind and touched his garment for she kept saying, "If I only touch his garments, I shall be restored to health" AMPC Version. She planted and watered seed for the scripture says, But unto you that fear my name shall the Sun of righteousness arise with healing in his wings. This is speaking of Jesus that when he comes he will come with healing in his wings. Wings in that scripture refers to the edge of a garment. And notice Jesus turned to see her that had done this thing, what thing did she do she brought that forth out of her heart. She brought forth her own healing that's what Jesus said when he said to her, that her faith made her whole. What is faith, the substance of things hoped for and the evidence of things not seen (Heb. 11:1). Matthew 17:20 says, And Jesus said unto them, Because of your unbelief: for verily I say unto you, If ye have faith as a grain of mustard seed, ye shall say unto this mountain, Remove hence to yonder place; and it shall remove; and nothing shall be impossible unto you. Notice, if you have faith as a seed and someone might think that just means faith in general, no if you have faith that the mountain will remove when you speak to it because remember the principal your spirit is like soil and Jesus said in Mark 4:28 that the earth bringeth forth fruit of itself (that's specific). If you plant an apple seed you will get apples, if you plant rose seeds you will get roses. The woman with the issue of blood faith was specific-If I touch his garment I shall be whole. And out of the abundance of her heart her mouth spoke. Well, that's Luke 6:45 A good man out of the good treasure of his heart bringeth forth that which is good; and an evil man out of the evil treasure of his heart bringeth forth that which is evil: for of the abundance of the heart his mouth speaketh. Keep this in mind if what's in your heart gets in your mouth it will come forth into your life.

Look at a portion of scripture I love, Proverbs 4:20-23 My son, attend to my words; incline thine ear unto my sayings. 21 Let them not depart from thine eyes; keep them in the midst of thine heart. 22 For they are life unto those that find them, and health to all their flesh. 23 Keep thy heart with all diligence; for out of it are the issues of life. Your eyes, ears, and mouth are entrances to you heart(soil). Notice what he is saying plant the word in your soil and not just plant it, but water it because it says to keep it in your heart and you do that by continually taking it in. Notice, why because they are life and health that word health is translated medicine, remedy, healing, and cure. Every seed brings forth fruit of itself, so your healing is in the seed. I learned this when sickness attacked my body I just kept planting and watering the seeds of his word-By his stripes I am healed (1 Peter 2:24), Himself took my infirmities and bore my sicknesses (Matt. 8:17), With his stripes I am healed (Isaiah 53:4,5). And those seeds produced that fruit and I received my healing. I ate the fruit of my lips (Proverbs 18:21). Out of my heart I brought forth that healing (Luke 6:45) thanks be to God. So, why fear any sickness when you can bring forth your healing. When Abraham's and Sarah's bodies were dead what did they need, life. Where did it come from the word. They planted and watered the seeds of life and life came forth. And in Acts 14:7-10 it reads And there they preached the gospel. 8 And there sat a certain man at Lystra, impotent in his feet, being a cripple from his mother's womb, who never had walked: 9 The same heard Paul speak: who stedfastly beholding him, and perceiving that he had faith to be healed, 10 Said with a loud voice, Stand upright on thy feet. And he leaped and walked. Where did the healing come from the word. The seed of healing was planted and watered and produced that fruit. So, any word of God that you want to see plant and water the seed.

It is not God's will that any should perish. And I wouldn't want to end this article without giving someone the opportunity to receive Jesus as their Lord and Savior. It's very easy just pray: Dear God- I know I have sinned and I now turn from them and I invite Jesus to come into my heart (Revelation 3:20). He died for my sins and you have raised him from the dead and I now confess that Jesus is my Lord and Savior (Romans 10:9,10). I thank you for saving me, Amen

2022/5/3 16:38Profile
Lysa

East TN for now!

Re: Why Speak God's Word III

Kenneth Copeland turns me off with the Word of Faith but Derek Prince (before Copeland and whoever) started what he called "Proclamation."

I believe every word of God and I believe it's important to proclaim it every day in my life and over my family!!

2022/5/7 9:55Profile
FranklinB

Re:

Thank you Lysa for taking the time to read this article.

2022/5/9 0:27Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy