SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : It Made Sense before, Does it Make Sense Today?

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
jrgquirino

Orange County, CA

It Made Sense before, Does it Make Sense Today?

https://youtu.be/OKYtmlhtYZ0?t=201

"Run from pulpits that are filled with political men, who are using the pulpit of God for a personal political agenda!" - Carter Conlon

This made sense before when we first heard it. I wonder if this makes sense to the church now? Seems that we have embraced a political agenda in churches more than ever. I pray that the church will be awaken to the truth of the Gospel and not laws or policies, good or bad, created by wicked men. Salvation comes through hearing the Word of God not man's agenda.

Entire Message Here: http://ia800500.us.archive.org/23/items/SERMONINDEX_SID1410/SID1410.mp3

2022/5/3 14:46Profile
Platy

Re: It Made Sense before, Does it Make Sense Today?

I attended TSC before the covid-19 lockdown and went twice a week in person. If I remember correctly Carter Conlon encouraged people to run for office if that was their calling. Don't quote me on that one but I'm sure he had said it. I'll try and look it up to see if I can find it.

He also had a call from some very important person in Washington D.C. to lead the national day of prayer or something like that which he announced on a Sunday. He didn't mention who it was but I personally believe it was Trump.

I was of the same mindset as you are and never voted but here is what made me changed my mind. If you are the only voter in the country do you vote for the guy who will pass a law to kill babies or do you vote for the guy who will pass a law to save babies? Remember its not about the woman's choice its about saving the baby who I am sure would not want to die. Would you save the baby or not?

2022/5/3 15:48Profile
jrgquirino

Orange County, CA

Re:

How about you ask and confirm what he meant by that statement. Why is he preaching to the church to run from political agenda in the pulpit? There is only one group that is mixing politics with religion. That's a good place to start.

2022/5/3 15:57Profile
Platy

Re:

There is confusion in this subject when it comes to social justice. It took me a while to sort it out for myself (still sorting). You may be aware of the church growth movement and the emergent church. Emergent church believes in universalism and does not believe in hell (think Rob Bell). They don't believe in a literal heaven either. They believe you have to turn the world into a paradise and that is through social justice. When you see many preachers attacking the social justice movement this is what they are attacking. Its heresy. There may be also other varieties out there but we have to make sure we know what we are dealing with by clarifying with people.

Let me listen to the sermon you posted and I'll get back to you. I think he may be speaking out against guys like Rob Bell and the church growth movement.

2022/5/3 16:07Profile
ccchhhrrriiisss

Re:

Hi jrgquirino,

I think that there is a very real difference between politics and truth. Both can contain a Biblical moral standing. Abortion, sexuality, marriage, etc. -- these are topics found in the Scriptures as well as in politics.

I think that Pastor Conlon is speaking about the dangers of using pulpits in churches to focus upon the EARTHLY realm to the point that they become little more than political, economic or sociopolitical soapboxes.

On the other hand, I know of one local church whose leaders were interviewed by a local newspaper. They pointed out that they purposely avoid "controversial topics" (specifically mentioning things like abortion and homosexuality) so as not to "offend" and, instead, "draw people to Christ" from all different kinds of backgrounds.

This is just as egregious -- because it is shaping the church's message to avoid offending the world. There are quite a few churches (and even denominations) that started out with a fire for God's Word only to slowly morph into organizations that actively condone or even promote sin.

There is a reason why certain politicians want to restrict churches from even talking about issues that can be considered "political."

In the town where I live (in the Silicon Valley), there was a "baptist" church that held LGBTQ square dances in the church! There is another church that actually promotes abortion access (along with LGBTQ, BLM and other causes). Yet, if you belong to a church that says otherwise, the local politicians and politically-minded individuals want to strip those churches of tax exempt status and/or label them "hatemongers."

Certain politicians don't expect those Christians to vote for them. However, they feel that they have a victory if they can simply get them to refrain from voting at all. It lowers the "moral" voter turnout and helps them win elections.

It's a tactic that I used to find odd in a local Quaker congregation. They decried political involvement -- yet they were strongly (and loudly) celebratory of everything that we would call "left" on the American political spectrum.

2022/5/3 16:57Profile
Platy

Re: Fred

Here I found the message about Conlon getting the call from Washington D.C.:

http://sermons.tsc.nyc/2020-the-year-when-we-will-see-wonders/#audio

2022/5/3 20:23Profile
deogloria

Re:

An interesting article about America,
https://noqreport.com/2021/04/05/while-two-thirds-of-americans-profess-to-be-christians-only-10-hold-to-a-biblical-worldview/
Some quotes:
American Christians have enough to contend with from the secular world, but there is a rising embrace of secular tenets within the church itself.
Many of us have seen a growing “wokeness” in American churches.
Apostacy and heretical teachings have crept into modern day Christianity and led many to the false belief in ideas like Neo-Marxism, Critical Race Theory, and Bible-as-a-self-help-book mentality.
According to Crain, one of the challenges we face in this nation is spreading the Gospel faithfully and Biblically when there are so many professing Christians who are embracing a progressive, secular worldview.

I think here she nailed it:
"As long as a majority of professing Christians in America do not treat the Bible as the inerrant word of God, we will not be able to break through the many challenges we have as a nation."

This will probably mostly go unheeded, just as in Jeremiah's time

2022/5/4 4:05Profile
murrcolr

Scotland, UK

Re:

Quote: There is only one group that is mixing politics with religion.

How long have you been a Christian?

I want you to consider the end time Great Harlot which is a The Global Political, Economic & Religious Network.

Global network of Politicians - Big Business and Religion

So please put away from your mind the idea that there is one group that is mixing politics with religion.

2022/5/4 5:16Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy