SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Articles and Sermons : Guard Your Mind With Your Mouth

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
FranklinB

Guard Your Mind With Your Mouth

If you find yourself with thoughts of worry or fear and don't know how to deal with them, there is a way. A big part of worry and fear is dwelling on the wrong thoughts. That's why you have to watch what you dwell on in thought because it can grow. If you dwell on wrong thoughts it can lead you to where you can't eat or sleep at night. Once you have a wrong thought if you leave it then it can get greater. That's what worry is it just starts with one thought and grows to where you can't stop thinking about it. So, what's an answer Joshua 1:8 This book of the law shall not depart out of thy mouth; but thou shalt meditate therein day and night, that thou mayest observe to do according to all that is written therein: for then thou shalt make thy way prosperous, and then thou shalt have good success.

Meditate in that verse means to murmur, ponder,imagine,mourn, mutter,roar,sore,speak, study,talk,utter. Start speaking something against the thought. Notice, what Jesus said in Matthew 6 Take no thought(worry) saying... . So, by saying the right words you can fight against thoughts of worry. Lets look at some scriptures Proverbs 21:23 says, Whoso keepeth his mouth and his tongue keepeth his soul from troubles. And Proverbs 18:7 says, A fool's mouth is his destruction, and his lips are the snare of his soul. The Bible also says in Roman 10:17 that faith comes by hearing and hearing by the word of God. And words go down into the inner most parts of your spirit Proverbs 18:8 The words of a talebearer are as wounds, and they go down into the innermost parts of the belly. Your words can go down to the very root of the thoughts and cut them off.

Not only that, but you are spirit, soul, and body 1Thes. 5:23. That shows you the order of authority like the Godhead-Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. By you speaking is how the spirit man exercises his authority. So, words are on a higher level than thoughts they are more powerful. And God's word comes with the anointing. As long as you allow the thought to persist it has the potential of going through a growth process and it starts with only one thought. And God wants all of them uprooted, But he answered and said, Every plant, which my heavenly Father hath not planted, shall be rooted up (Matthew 15:13). And you uproot them with God's word, 9 Then the Lord put forth his hand, and touched my mouth. And the Lord said unto me, Behold, I have put my words in thy mouth. 10 See, I have this day set thee over the nations and over the kingdoms,(to root out), and to pull down, and to destroy, and to throw down, to build, and (to plant) Jermiah 1:9,10.

Let me give you a key from the Bible, words are seeds and seeds contain something and they produce after their kind. So, as you meditate you are planting and watering seed, I have planted, Apollos watered; but God gave the increase. So then neither is he that planteth any thing, neither he that watereth; but God that giveth the increase (1 Cor. 3:6,7). Hearing is planting and watering so as you hear yourself you are planting and watering seed, the good thing about this is you get to choose what you want to plant and water. Peace words produce peace, joy words produce joy as it says in Proverbs 15:23- 23 A man hath joy by the answer of his mouth: and a word spoken in due season, how good is it! Your words will either free your soul(mind) or keep it captive.

It is not God's will that any should perish. And I wouldn't want to end this article without giving someone the opportunity to receive Jesus as their Lord and Savior. It's very easy just pray: Dear God- I know I have sinned and I now turn from them and I invite Jesus to come into my heart (Revelation 3:20). He died for my sins and you have raised him from the dead and I now confess that Jesus is my Lord and Savior (Romans 10:9,10). I thank you for saving me, Amen

2022/4/29 0:34Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy