SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Devotional Thoughts : REJOICE EVERMORE

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
BruisedReed3

Nigeria

REJOICE EVERMORE

The Christian man, a one raised beyond the sun, moon and stars, has no reason, whatsoever, to be discouraged on this side eternity: who has the king on his side and still fear the approach of violent beggars? When a saint is tempted to and caved in to discouragement, the devil claps his hands in jubilation: because at such hour, the saint, as it were, becomes like him, who is a despairing spirit, without God and no hope toward which to look. When we are sad, the devil is glad! Give Satan no occasion therefore for gladness. When we are happy in inspire any condition, be it never so bad and goring, we send fiery arrows and darts into the bosom of Satan. His tears flow, when ours are stayed; his wounds are opened, when ours are closed or ignored by faith. Let us covenant with ourselves that Satan would never know joy and happiness on our account. By our feasting on the honey of gladness, we add wounds to Satan's eternal wounds. Christians, discouragement is an alien disposition to the Christian travelers. Take this, as both a life rule and accompany admonition: REJOICE EVERMORE! Anything less than this, is an affront to Him who had led us hitherto!

'Lord, I'd place my hand in Thine,
Nor ever murmur nor repine;
Content, whatever lot I see,despairing
Since ’tis my God that leadeth me.

And when my task on earth is done,
When by Thy grace the vict’ry’s won,
E’en death’s cold wave I will not flee,
Since God through Jordan leadeth me.'

Amen!

2022/4/22 23:33Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.