PosterThread
Onesimus4God

Louisiana USA

FELLOWSHIP

FELLOWSHIP - G2842
κοινωνία
koinōnia
koy-nohn-ee'-ah
From G2844; partnership, that is, (literally) participation, or (social) intercourse, or (pecuniary) benefaction: - (to) communicate (-ation), communion, (contri-), distribution, fellowship.
Total KJV occurrences: 20

What sticks out most here, is the word "Participation".
Participation - the condition of sharing in common with others.
Every part of my body, participates in the overall life of all the parts. When that becomes misaligned, we call that cancer.
Churchanity is not body participation entity. So we could not equate "fellowship" with "participation" as so many profits and pastors proclaim. In Churchanity, only a few parts particiapte, while the most of the lot observes.
So Facebook is far more valid, than the Sun Day meeting, in that each can participate with all. 🙂
To participate, all the parts must be present together in one accord.
In HIS kingdom of righteousness, heart peace, and joy in the HOLY SPIRIT, as I understand it, it is our spiritual communion that connects us in fellowship, not necessarily a physical presence at some specific location. I have many people here who I connect with in fellowship, who live thousands of miles away. So be it. Our communion exists in HIS body, each part participating in the well being of the whole body. Wooo. Glory! We don't need a building, a ceremony, a litany, a liturgy to be ONE IN HIM. Our unity is in HIM and HE alone.

2022/4/8 8:47Profile
deogloria

Re: FELLOWSHIP

"They were continually and faithfully devoting themselves to the instruction of the apostles, and to fellowship, to eating meals together and to prayers." Acts 2:42 (Ampl.)

Fellowship was only one part of the early church. Bible teaching, eating together and prayers were also important parts. I understand it is difficult to find such congregations today, especially in the western world. But we can't try and correct this by using modern technology and taking short cuts etc.

Most of us just had weeks and months of lockdowns with only online services etc. Some found it convenient, I wouldn't want it again. I think we all should try and spend less time in front of a screen and more time connecting with people in person, in church, with friends, neighbors etc.

2022/4/8 10:42Profile
InTheLight

Phoenix, Arizona USA

Re: FELLOWSHIP

The pattern of the New Testament is clear that churches were formed wherever some became Christians. It is also clear that although Christians are saved individually they are called together in a community.

Where ever Paul and Barnabas went and people received Christ, "they went through the cities, they delivered them the decrees for to keep, that were ordained of the apostles and elders which were at Jerusalem. And so were the churches established in the faith, and increased in number daily.” As the missionary journey progressed, once more individuals were brought to salvation, but they soon joined together in a specific, observable structure, an organization with form.

2022/4/8 21:32Profile

©2002-2021 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy