Access over 100,000+ Sermons from Ancient to Modern
See Opportunities to Serve with SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : AW Tozer on what a prophet is

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
TMK

NC, USA

AW Tozer on what a prophet is

A prophet is one who knows his times and what God is trying to say to the people of his times.
What God says to His Church at any given period depends altogether upon her moral and spiritual condition and upon the spiritual need of the hour. Religious leaders who continue mechanically to expound the Scriptures without regard to the current religious situation are no better than the scribes and lawyers of Jesus? day who faithfully parroted the Law without the remotest notion of what was going on around them spiritually. They fed the same diet to all and seemed wholly unaware that there was such a thing as meat in due season. The prophets never made that mistake nor wasted their efforts in that manner. They invariably spoke to the condition of the people of their times.

Today we need prophetic preachers; not preachers of prophecy merely, but preachers with a gift of prophecy. The word of wisdom is missing. We need the gift of discernment again in our pulpits. It is not ability to predict that we need, but the anointed eye, the power of spiritual penetration and interpretation, the ability to appraise the religious scene as viewed from God?s position, and to tell us what is actually going on.
A. W. Tozer Sermon: Spiritual Appraisers

2022/4/4 8:13Profile
rufnrust

Indiana

Re: AW Tozer on what a prophet is

This is so powerful. Every line is a trumpet!

Thanks

Rusty

2022/4/4 10:13Profile
AJM_REV2220

USA Great Lakes...

Re:

Agree. Any suggestions for a modern day prophetic voice that is grounded in the Word?

2022/4/4 17:23Profile
Lysa

This world is not my home anymore.

Re:

John 13:34-35 A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another: just as I have loved you, you also are to love one another. By this all people will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Galatians 6:2 Bear one another's burdens, and so fulfill the law of Christ.

1 Peter 4:8 Above all, keep loving one another earnestly, since love covers a multitude of sins.

1 John 4:11 Beloved, if God so loved us, we also ought to love one another.

1 John 4:21 And this commandment we have from him: whoever loves God must also love his brother.

1 John 5:3 For this is the love of God, that we keep his commandments. And his commandments are not burdensome.

2022/4/5 10:00Profile

©2002-2021 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy