SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Access over 100,000+ Sermons from Ancient to Modern
See Opportunities to Serve with SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Why are we posting on SI

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
deogloria

Why are we posting on SI

In the other thread MrBillPro and myself asked some questions and made some comments why we are posting on this forum.
I think it is best to start a new thread and discuss it here.
I just let you all comment first, I might add my opinions in the end, depends how the discussion goes.

2022/3/29 9:37Profile
enid

Nottingham, England

Re: Why are we posting on SI

The reason why I post on Sermon Index is because I have questions and would like answers to those questions.

Questions concerning Scripture, prayer, fasting giving, etc.

I have been posting on Sermon Index since 2006.

It has changed. For the worse, not the better.

The same spirit in the world is now present here. Which is why I don't post as often anymore.

I noticed that you said, " depends on how the discussion goes."

That's what I mean. We can't speak peaceably to each other.

Well, that's it from me for now.

Take care and God bless.

2022/3/29 11:14Profile
Lysa

This world is not my home anymore.

Re:

I've been on here since 2006 under a different name (Intens4Him) but left in a huff!! And in 2008 rejoined under Lysa and I have to say, I don't know why I still post on here anymore either.

SI has progressively went the way legalism, imho. I personally didn't think there was anything wrong with the last three threads that got locked. It seems that SI has become if you don't agree with us and our theology, we'll lock your thread. Especially if two or three cry "FOUL! Why is this allowed? This is horrible." Obviously, if the person who posted is a LONG time member of SI and respected, that should be considered but it doesn't seem to be.

It's really sad that some of these new folks (last 5 - 8 years) have no idea what it was like to put up the innuendo's and accusations of waltern (sp?) and others even like Krispy (who could be loving or as offensive as waltern)!! LOL Oh my goodness, it was like the wild wild west!! And guess what? We lived through it!! A lot of people get offended just because they are offendable, not because the supposed offense was truly offensive.

That is just me. I will stay as long as you let me even though I'm ignored most of the time!! LOLOL

Lisa

2022/3/29 16:21Profile
Platy

Re:

Edit - Deleted post.

2022/3/29 17:15Profile
havok20x

Pineville, LA

Re:

It's easy to see the negative things that occur in any environment. After all, no one is currently running a count of how many positive posts there were versus how many negative. We all have just a feeling about how things are going.

Regardless, SermonIndex is not OUR site. It belongs to the creators, who can do whatever they want with it. If they wanna lock a thread because you spelled a word wrong, oh well. That is there perogotive. But I think we all need to eat a slice of humble pie and recognize that they have let MANY threads go for a very, very long period of time, even after the discussion has devolved into utter nonsense. It is up to their discretion. We would do well to consider this.

Also, there are many great things that get posted on SI. There are interesting thoughts, there are ideas with which we don't agree, and there are people who exude godliness in the way in which they respond to things. Of course we all do not do this all the time.

If you want SI to get "better," then my suggestion would be this: learn to disagree without being hateful. We are not all going to agree. Even what we consider "encouraging" we don't all agree is theologically sound. The issue is that we simply need to understand that the very nature of this website, the very nature of the forums, and the very nature of humans (even saved ones) is to not all be perfectly united. Shoot, there are preachers on this site that contradict one another. Focus on the Scripture, say what is necessary for edification, and do it for the sake of the Church.

Lastly, Legalism is a very specific theological term. I know of very few on SI, if any, who genuinely believe that keeping the old testament law is necessary for sanctification or salvation. The moderators, by the very nature of who they are, what they do, and the fact that they have authority on this site are more than allowed to create, dissolve, or even on a whim enforce and/or alter any rules that they see fit. That isn't legalism. That's called being in charge.

2022/3/29 19:29Profile
deogloria

Re:

A few thoughts:
I believe we lost sight of what it is all about.
It is all about Christ, the Gospel, His kingdom, His Word,

1 Corinthians 10:31 So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all to the glory of God. 32Do not become a stumbling block, whether to Jews or Greeks or the church of God
I don't think God is glorified in most of our discussions.

Matthew 18:3“Truly I tell you,” He said, “unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven. 4Therefore, whoever humbles himself like this little child is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven.…
Pulpit Commentary
Verse 3. - Except ye be converted, i.e. turned from proud, ambitious thoughts of worldly dignity. There is no question here about what is popularly known as conversion - the change from habitual sin to holiness. The conversion here spoken of is confined to a change in the present state of mind - to a new direction given to the thoughts and wishes. The apostles had shown rivalry, jealousy, ambition: they must turn away from such failings, and learn a different lesson. Become as little children. Christ points to little children as the model to which the members of his kingdom must assimilate themselves. The special attributes of children which he would recommend are humility, unworldliness, simplicity, teachableness, - the direct contraries of self-seeking, worldliness, distrust, conceit

2022/3/30 2:24Profile
rufnrust

Indiana

Re:

Lysa, I always enjoy hearing from you. I believe some of the issue is we have forgotten that we are attempting to preach the unsearchable riches of Christ and have stopped with our head full of theology. We can't believe that God could be bigger than our list of fundamental truths.

Rusty

2022/3/30 11:14Profile
Jeremy221

Re:

Yes, we saw some intense arguments and we also witnessed some great God given breakings. We witnessed the Lord’s Grace and Wisdom poured out to meet people in their need and poverty. We saw God taking the masks off people to show who they really are. We saw discipline His own that they might repent and grow in righteousness.

2022/3/31 20:51Profile
yulboum

Re: Why are we posting on SI

Hello!

I'm very new to SI posting comments but I have been an active user of the audio since the beginning of the pandemic. I did come across SI when I was in my early twenties I think but I did not use SI much.
My name is Robert and I thank God for this SI.
Last year I was having struggles with the vax mandates and I was encouraged by brother Narrowpath and others that posted on SI and I realize how the vax was not the mark.
I too would like to encourage others in the faith and share the love of Christ here.

God bless you
Shalom,
Robert

2022/4/1 18:07Profile

©2002-2021 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy