SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Access over 100,000+ Sermons from Ancient to Modern
See Opportunities to Serve with SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : The Beauty of the Lord

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
docs

The Beauty of the Lord

I've been contemplating this lately. I get near awe struck at times because I'm coming to realize the Lord's beauty is really too much and of such a nature as cannot be expressed in human words. Like His eternal love for us. And to think, we have the privilege of being molded and more into His lovely image and character now in this life and not just when we get to heaven. He is beautifying us now with the shining and divine character of Christ, this One who is so sweet, so loving, so very forgiving, so lovely, and altogether beautiful. Where is this in our theology and discussions? It's certainly a central aspect regarding this God we have been allowed to know and brought into fellowship with. We out maybe to ask God to allow us to have a deeper look and undestanding of this.

2022/3/23 12:52Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re: The Beauty of the Lord

One thing I ask from the Lord, this only do I seek: that I may dwell in the house of the Lord all the days of my life, to gaze on the beauty of the Lord and to seek him in his temple.
Psalm 27:4

2022/3/23 14:55Profile
deogloria

Re:

Good post with some good thoughts,thank you

I think Tim Conway also shares some good points
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FzQP-xbl51E

2022/3/24 2:32Profile
narrowpath

Germany NRW

This reminds me of

Mark 9:3
And his raiment became shining, exceeding white as snow; so as no fuller on earth can white them.

Most of us would see his garments as plain white, maybe not even pure white, because Jesus clothes would be soiled with the dust of the earth from walking around. He probably did not have a change of clothes, that would be luxury. For the naked eye white is white and snow is the whitest we can imagine and there is no grade of white beyond that.

Only for the disciple that is willing to climb the mountain, this white transcends into a new otherworldly dimension as it gets permeated by the glory of God.

May God's glory shine through our plain and simple life, just as it did with the Lord.

2022/3/24 7:49Profile
docs

Re: Johnathan Edwards on the Beauty of God

"For as God is infinitely the greatest Being, so he is allowed to be infinitely the most beautiful and excellent: and all the beauty to be found throughout the whole creation is but the reflection of the diffused beams of that Being who hath an infinite fullness of brightness and glory; God . . . is the foundation and fountain of all being and all beauty. All definitions are insufficient, due to the “imperfection of language to express things of so sublime a nature."

(From "The True Meaning of Virtue" - by Johnathan Edwards"

2022/3/26 16:44Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

I think a lot about the beauty that characterizes God.

Look at nature: how many different hues of color can be observed? What about the design and the coloring of birds? Animals? And what about people? Or, music - the harmony, the sounds- how pleasant and joyous it can be.

Last Sunday our SS lesson was taken from Song of Solomon 5. As I read that book I was seeing how God instilled within man appreciation for his wife/lover. Such beauty, WOW! I suspect if all husbands would love their wife as that man did in SOS there would be no divorces. God designed marriage to be awesome, beautiful. Today I consider this book to be a manual for how love between a husband and wife should look like. Such beauty. And God willed it so.

I expect heaven to be so beautiful we will at lost for words.

Sandra

2022/3/29 18:57Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

Agreed Sandra. Over-spiritualizing SOS does it a great disservice.

2022/3/29 19:29Profile

©2002-2021 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy