SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Access over 100,000+ Sermons from Ancient to Modern
See Opportunities to Serve with SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Prophetic Words Concerning The Days Ahead

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
PosterThread
scotsbaker

England.

Prophetic Words Concerning The Days Ahead

I am 76 years old and have been a born again believer since 1985. Since July 2020 the Lord has been giving me prophetic words for the Body of Christ for the days ahead.

Each time I receive these I submit them to a UK Facebook Prophetic Forum with 7,000 members for weighing and testing.

After this clearance process I then post them on my Holiness UK website.

This is the page in which they appear, in chronological order:

http://www.holiness.org.uk/ukpropheticwords.html

2022/3/18 15:34Profile
staff

Re: Prophetic Words Concerning The Days Ahead

Hi Scotsbaker,
I believe in Prophesy ,firstly I have to say that.
I read quickly through your words and I am going to be honest as I can and mean no malice.I find them long,not specific about anything and very general.
I have seen words from many Christians online and they appear to me very wordy and I dont see the mechanism that God can give so lenghty a message.So what is the mechansim?Are you having a dream or a vision and he says "write these down"?
What I am saying is I believe and have experienced God communicate with me in my 33 yrs a Christian but he has given you more senteneces of communication in a few months than I have had in decades.So you have to see where my skeptism is coming from.I could give those words at anytime in history,in any country ,to anybody and they would be true for the most part like "humble yourself" or "my eyes of to and fro " etc
The prophetic ministry has taken a kick in the teeth recently and diservedly so and the messages seem to ramble on for every and ever and are never specific about anything,imho staff

2022/3/18 22:14Profile
scotsbaker

England.

Re: Prophetic Words Concerning The days Ahead

Some thoughts to clarify the questions you asked:

Since July 2020 until the present time I have been receiving prophetic words from the Lord for the Body of Christ at large. Prior to that the Lord had often given me some personal words over the years, but these had been for me alone and solely concerned my relationship with Him.

Following the Lord’s initiation in July 2020 of this new broad prophetic stream concerning the Church, the practice I then developed was regularly to ask the Lord the open question: “do you have anything you wish to say to me today Lord?” I was careful not to influence matters by asking the Lord for specific guidance on a, b or c, since I did not wish to influence with my own thoughts or attitudes what I then heard. I have a link to the words I have received at the end of this e-mail.

Each time I heard from the Lord I was seated with paper and pen during the day and recorded verbatim what He said, so they are not vague impressions or interpretations, dreams or visions, but the actual words I heard in my mind/spirit in reply and wrote down immediately. I then waited 24 hours before looking in detail at what I had written, so as to check it out to see if it was consistent with what I knew of the Lord, His ways and His Word. Each time I received some words I referred them for weighing and testing to a UK Prophetic Forum on Facebook that has over 7,000 members. On each occasion, only after these prophetic people had given me the “thumbs-up” did I then consider them valid and upload them to my webpage.

There are two broad prophetic themes that come out in His words:

1) Hard and difficult times are coming upon the Earth and the Lord wants His people to prepare for these now. We need to be on our knees, calling to the Lord day and night to prepare for what is coming. Many will suffer significant loss of goods and property. The need for our total surrender to Him and his desire for holiness in His people come out time and again. He also talks of a coming darkness and a battle for souls by the enemy.

2) A mighty outpouring of His Spirit will be coming to His People, to help them prepare for the dark and difficult times ahead and to bring in a great harvest of souls. Sadly, many believers will not respond positively to this powerful outpouring of God’s Spirit and a great division will occur in the Body of Christ, not only in the physical but also in the spiritual dimension.

When I asked the Lord when these things would happen he replied : “Brian, it is not for you to know dates or times”. On one occasion He told me not to get puffed up because he uses me as a mouthpiece, saying: “don’t forget that I used Balaam’s donkey”.

2022/3/19 15:41Profile
DEADn

Lakeland FL

Re: Prophetic words

I would like to ask the question of these prophetic words. Have any of these words ever come to pass? So often so called prophetic words are so broad that it is impossible to test them and that is why they are so broad. They lure you in with a false hope that God is speaking through a person. I have yet to see modern day prophetic come to pass. What does amaze me is how the bible talks about many false prophets and teachers shall arise to deceive many and yet we still have the flood or prophetic abounding.

It is why I dismiss the prophetic. I used to want to believe it existed today but I no longer do believe in it.

I do believe in words of wisdom. i.e. not that someone operates in a gift of a word of wisdom but that God will use Christians, and non Christians to give someone a word of wisdom at just the right time.

John

2022/3/19 21:15Profile
staff

Re:

Hi Scott,
How do they test the words?,thanks staff

2022/3/19 22:06Profile
yulboum

Re: Prophetic Words Concerning The Days Ahead

Shalom,

About the body being divided is a bit strange and vague. I believe that the church, the body of Christ will be one as our Lord Jesus prayed before His crucifixion. Also, the gates of hades will not prevail over the church.
Another thing I find it strange is how does the thumbs up button on Facebook validate if your word is from God.

I believe God speaks to us through prophets but we do need to be careful of false prophets since our Lord Jesus and his apostles warned us
One thing that comes to mind is what our Lord Jesus taught us. Does the prophet come in his own name?

"I am come in my Father's name, and ye receive me not: if another shall come in his own name, him ye will receive."
John 5:43 KJV
Does the prophet come in his own name means is he promoting himself or is he glorifying the name of Jesus?

"He that saith, I know him, and keepeth not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him."
1 John 2:4 KJV
His command for us is to love each other.

They are from the world and therefore speak from the viewpoint of the world, and the world listens to them. We are from God, and whoever knows God listens to us; but whoever is not from God does not listen to us. This is how we recognize the Spirit of truth and the spirit of falsehood.
1 John 4:5‭-‬6 NIV
False prophets, preachers speak from the viewpoint of the world.

There are many other examples in the scriptures of how to discern true and false prophets. However it is not easy to discern but when you trust in Christ Jesus our Shepherd, He will protect you from the ravenous wolves in sheep clothing with His rod and His staff.

Shalom,
Robert

2022/3/19 23:56Profile
AbideinHim

Louisiana

Re:

“It is why I dismiss the prophetic. I used to want to believe it existed today but I no longer do believe in it.”

So in other words you dismiss the Word of God Through His servant’s. If you are hearing the voice of God then you are prophetic. “The testimony of Jesus is the Spirit of prophesy.”

2022/3/20 9:22Profile
DEADn

Lakeland FL

Re:

What I dismiss is when I hear someone say that God told them xyz as you read in postings on this discussion board. It is not the same as preaching and God taking those words and convicting the hearts of men to repentance. Modern prohpetic movement is God supposedly speaking through people and at some point it is supposed to come to pass. These days we see things things as visions and dreams from people. As much as I want to believe it I don't because I have seen too much fraud. I test all things regardless.

I would ask you that if you believe in prophets/prophesy being expressed through anyone today show me what is being said that has come to pass. I find it they are too broad to test.

2022/3/20 9:41Profile
deogloria

Re:

Brian
what you hear needs to be tested by the written Word of God, the Bible and not by a FB group and some “thumbs-up”
My advice is that you quit that group, find a church that preaches the Gospel and repentance, read the Word of God, pray, seek the true Jesus.
And don't give up until you are certain that only the true Jesus, the Son of the living God is in your live !

2022/3/20 10:06Profile
docs

Re: The Pendulum Swings

Prophesying does not always have to be predictions of events to come and specific dates when they will come. No one does that every time when they prophesy in a church or a service or give words. Prophesying is to be done also for the purpose of edification, exhortation and comfort to men (I Cor 14:3). I don't see where these words necessarily fail in that regard. What would God say by way of edification, exhortation, and comfort today that He didn't say to the church of centuries past? What would He say back then that He isn't saying to the church today? I realize we are likely a lot nearer the end of the age today than in centuries past, but the call to forsake all and seek holiness is basically the same I would think today no matter if we are approaching the end of the age or not. None of the words I read led me away from the true Jesus or anything like that. What if the forum he mentioned consists of Bible believing members who judge things and prophecies they hear by the written word? Just my thoughts which come with the choice to agree with them or not. I think the pendulum can swing too far in the opposite direction because of a desire to correct certain abuses. I discern a dose of humility in scotsbaker which is refreshing. I don't think he meant to present himself as a seer prophet announcing coming events and specific dates. I also have a strong belief the prophetic stream or whatever you want to call it needs a very large amount of sifting these days and fine tuning and people who exercise these gifts need to be under oversight. I still don't think I read anything that fell outside of the bounds of the word of God.

Blessings I hope.

2022/3/20 14:56Profile

©2002-2021 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy