SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Access over 100,000+ Sermons from Ancient to Modern
See Opportunities to Serve with SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Is the End Near?

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
TMK

NC, USA

Is the End Near?

By Steve Gregg
———-

From today's inbox...

Is the End Near???

Steve,

Hope you’re well,

Do you believe we’re in the last days as Jesus said in Matthew 24:4-8? Or, is what’s going on in the world right now today, just normal everyday earthly life?

- Jonathan

-------------------------------------------

Hi Jonathan,

It's hard to answer. What is going on today does not seem to be everyday earthly life to us, since we have lived through an unusually peaceful generation, and things are starting to fall apart. Things just as terrible as those we are facing today have been fairly commonplace throughout history, especially at the collapse of empires, so these things might be more ordinary than they feel to us.

I don't have any theories about how near we are to the end—nor can I imagine what difference it would make for me to know. My obligations each day remain the same, whether the end of the world is next week or a century away. The end will come when it comes, and Jesus said it will take us all by surprise (Matt.24:44).

A focus on the nearness of the end is a distraction from following Christ faithfully today, just as a factory worker gets less of his job done if he is constantly watching the clock.

Blessings!

Steve Gregg

2022/3/8 7:57Profile
savannah

Re: Is the End Near?

Good post overall, especially these;

"A focus on the nearness of the end is a distraction from following Christ faithfully today, just as a factory worker gets less of his job done if he is constantly watching the clock."

"I don't have any theories about how near we are to the end—nor can I imagine what difference it would make for me to know. My obligations each day remain the same, whether the end of the world is next week or a century away."

2022/3/8 9:34Profile
havok20x

Pineville, LA

Re:

Is it too much to ask for both?

Titus 2:11-14,

"For the grace of God that brings salvation has appeared to all men, teaching us that, denying ungodliness and worldly lusts, we should live soberly, righteously, and godly in the present age, looking for the blessed hope and glorious appearing of our great God and Savior Jesus Christ, who gave Himself for us, that He might redeem us from every lawless deed and purify for Himself His own special people, zealous for good works."

I would absolutely say that being laser-focused on the return of Christ might actually do some good.

2022/3/8 17:27Profile
yulboum

Re: Is the End Near?

Hi Todd
We are absolutely in the end times. Especially when you see that the nation of Israel was destroyed 2000 years ago in 70 AD and recently in 1948 resurrected and even their Hebrew language resurrected, you know the end is very near. Closer than ever before.
Yea we shouldn't focus on the events like when will Armageddon be or who will be the antichrist and so on. We should be aware and know about the signs but our hope is in the return of Jesus Christ and by doing this you are not losing focus on Christ. Rather you are becoming closer to Christ and abiding in Him more and building each others in the faith. Like the time when Moses went up to the mountain, the people started to lose heart and said where is this Moses? He is taking too long. Then they made a detestable idol, a golden calf and said, 'this is your god who brought you out of Egypt ' this is like the antichrist (against/instead of). This is like what is happening today. People are scoffing about the return of Jesus. Some want him to delay longer or does not want to believe because they want to achieve something or see their kids grow or make a certain amount of money. But Jesus is definitely coming soon and the end is close. So we should keep on believing in the name of Jesus and love our neighbors. This will produce fruits that the Lord Jesus will be pleased when he returns.
Have faith in Jesus, hope in His return and love Jesus.
Peace,
Robert

2022/3/10 22:02Profile

©2002-2021 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy