SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Deception a Bible word Study and self deception

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
PosterThread
JFW

Dothan, Alabama

Re: rookie

Yes Amen ✝️

He knows how to keep those who belong to Him, even the mule headed donkeys.
He has been so good to us, so patient and merciful, and has answered a bunch of prayers.
We are thankful 🙏🏻

Regarding the OP and the love of the truth & substance of things hoped for-

The substance of things hoped for comes from a love of the truth, which itself is antithetical to deception, self imposed or otherwise.

Deception is like a yeast...
our Lord used the written word at every point where deception came to Him-
wether body (hunger/physical need)
wether soul (safety/rest)
Wether spirit (authority/peace)

His faith in the written word was the substance of the (thing) deliverance He hoped for (Gods will be done) and that was because He loves the truth -

Deception seeks to tempt us to do business with it rather than with God and it’s currency could be likened unto a yeast, whereas with God the currency is a love of the truth.

the foolish virgins were instructed to hurry and “go buy” some oil...
Jesus counsels the Laodiceans to “buy from Him”...

These were to be the “cures” or substances of the things hoped for... remedy for deception-

How and where do you understand this business to take place?

Bruisedreed (from Nigeria) recently characterized this exchange as “trading with heaven” (in another thread) which serves well -

2022/4/11 15:44Profile
rookie

Savannah TN

Re: jFW

You wrote:

"The substance of things hoped for comes from a love of the truth, which itself is antithetical to deception, self imposed or otherwise."

Psa 119:49

Remember the word to Your servant,
Upon which You have caused me to hope.

Psa 119:50
This is my comfort in my affliction,
For Your word has given me life.

Hebrews 11:1 is commentary for verse 49 above. And to be more precise the entirety of Psalm 119 describes in great detail how God creates "the love of the truth" in those who live by faith. Now as you have said in the past, I believe that Psalm 119 is a table set for a banquet for another time.

The transition to the topic, the nature of deception is to me highlighted in verse 50 above...

"This is my comfort in my affliction...."

Also referring to biblical instruction "line upon line, here a little there a little"

Isa 7:15
“Curds and honey He shall eat, that He may know to refuse the evil and choose the good.

Also

Gen 3:15
And I will put enmity
Between you and the woman,
And between your seed and her Seed;
He shall bruise your head,
And you shall bruise His heel.”

Affliction is the fruit of deception in God"s creation. The power behind deception is ascribed to powers and principalities of the air.

This is how I would attempt to answer your question:

How and where do you understand this business to take place?

Back at you....my brother In Christ.

2022/4/11 21:49Profile
JFW

Dothan, Alabama

Re: How and where do you understand this business to take place?

(For me) it’s comes down to “whom you obey”
Indeed it is the business of obedience and we cannot serve two masters -
Deception seeks to entice us to “spend” our lot bargaining with the world (kingdom of darkness) in “hopes of the substance” of that which is seen being better than what God offers which is not seen.

The currency of this world is itself deception, and the willingness (on our part) to give life to it - hence it is like a yeast, it only needs a viable host.
The scriptures record this tendency as “being friendly with or loving the world” where over a period of time host will be conformed into its image.
It’s the flavor that gets us, just like Esau-

We’ve all sold our birthright to satisfy our needs apart from God and more often than not, think ourselves clever in our initial success. However when discipline comes we mistake it for an attack from the enemy and yield not unto the Lords hand. Then because our desires are themselves for self-preservation we lose sight completely and are spiritually blind.

Conversely, the word of God is as unleavened bread, and it is forever settled in heaven (no worldly yeast). This is the refined gold that must be obtained (proactively) by doing business with heaven. Then this same gold (currency) can be used to buy from the storehouse of heaven, namely Jesus,... which is to say we obtain a greater capacity to host Him till He be fully formed in us- this is the business of heaven. As we increase in our knowledge of Him, His spirit can more fully inhabit us conforming is into His image.

(For me) this is the where & how 🙏🏻

2022/4/12 14:57Profile
rookie

Savannah TN

Re: jFW

you wrote:

"The scriptures record this tendency as “being friendly with or loving the world” where over a period of time host will be conformed into its image. "

Rev 12:9
So the great dragon was cast out, that serpent of old, called the Devil and Satan, who deceives the whole world; he was cast to the earth, and his angels were cast out with him.

1Jo 2:16
For all that is in the world—the lust of the flesh, the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life—is not of the Father but is of the world.

Would you say that through the spiritual power of Satan that all men are deceived into striving to acquire what appeals to the flesh, eyes, and pride of life?

ie...Jesus was tempted in these three aspects.

2022/4/12 22:29Profile
JFW

Dothan, Alabama

Re: 3 tools

“Would you say that through the spiritual power of Satan that all men are deceived into striving to acquire what appeals to the flesh, eyes, and pride of life? “

Yes and though this is often facilitated locally it can also occurs en masse
because they are each governed over by specific principalities-
Baal - eyes
Ashtoreth - flesh
Moloch - pride

These three, as Reidhead describes them, are all the spiritual tools that Satan has or needs to convince us to do business with him.

2022/4/12 23:10Profile
rookie

Savannah TN

Re:

"These three, as Reidhead describes them, are all the spiritual tools that Satan has or needs to convince us to do business with him."

Spiritual tools of Satan, applied by him and received by man leads to the destruction of those who continue in the path of corruption. The tools are used to appeal to self and self fulfillment. The tools focus on the promotion of self. The great deception of Satan foments desire in each individual to seek for self fulfillment which opposes God's intended purpose for man; to find Him and the substance promised before creation; all that is Jesus Christ.

2022/4/26 11:20Profile
JFW

Dothan, Alabama

Re: rookie

Yes it is interesting, when we look at the source code for every deception, in every case it’s a lie- wether one we told, heard, or believed...

In my experience/observation, one of the best gauges for deception is how easy is it for a person to lie, how familiar is that language vs the truth....

There are some differences in how/why people lie to deceive others, often the lying itself has been mistaken as a virtue... as if it is morally incumbent upon a person to lie and when they do so, they think themselves good even godly for sparing someone undue stress or hurt.

For many, the truth is itself as a foreign language... where they cannot speak nor discern it clearly, with some even believing there is virtue in lying to spare another persons feelings.

Have you observed these (or other) effects of lying?

2022/4/27 7:42Profile
deltadom

Hemel Hempstead

Re:

I wrote this for me as I know that I can be deceived and that god can wake me out of my own personal deception that is why I need brethren to convict me as Iron sharpens iron

I know I can be deceived

2022/4/27 16:17Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy