Discussion Forum : Miracles that follow the plow : Good News From Ukraine

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
AbideinHim

Louisiana

Good News From Ukraine

UKRAINE

“Let’s continue to pray for Ukraine. Thus far their love of country and resolve has inspired much of the world. When Biden offered Ukrainian President Zellensky a flight out of the country, he responded by saying, “The fight is here — I need ammunition, not a ride.”(4)

The world is shocked that Ukraine is still free. Some Ukrainians, according to many news sources, are starting to feel the momentum may be shifting. If they survive this brutal attack by Putin, however, it will truly be miraculous. Nevertheless, they have had some wins. ,Joel Rosenberg says, “According to the Ukrainian government and media sources:

More than 3,500 Russian soldiers have been killed in fighting
At least 200 Russian soldiers have been captured
14 Russian military aircraft have been shot down
8 Russian helicopters have been shot down
536 Russian armored vehicles have been destroyed
102 Russian tanks have been destroyed
Yet not a single major Ukrainian city has fallen to Russian forces.”(5)

Rosenberg states other reasons for Ukraine to be encouraged. “The capital of Kyiv was the main target of Moscow’s illegal and immoral offensive on Friday and Saturday — yet at this hour Kyiv remains firmly in the grip of the Ukrainian people and government.

“Consider more good news. Russian tanks and armored personnel carriers are running out of gas. Yet Russian forces haven’t taken a single Ukrainian airfield yet.

“And Ukrainian forces have blown up all the rail lines to and from Russia. So, badly needed supplies — including fuel — can’t get to the Kremlin’s forces in the field.

“What’s more — and ingenious — is that Ukrainians are tearing down road signs, or replacing them with [insults]. As a result, some Russian tank and troop convoys are getting lost.

“Ukrainian diplomats, reporters, and civilians that I’m in touch with feel the momentum has shifted in their favor. They know full well they have a long, hard fight ahead of them. But right now they feel genuinely optimistic.

“Christians in Ukraine are telling me they are seeing ‘miracles’ happen. Yes, they believe their people are brave and resilient. But more importantly, they believe that God is helping them.

“They’re shocked and encouraged, for example, that the U.S. and Germany have finally shown sufficient backbone to freeze the Nord Stream 2 pipeline carrying natural gas from Russia to Europe.

“They’re encouraged, too, that NATO is sending weapons and supplies, though much more is needed. They’re also heartened that the global media is mostly on their side. Will the good news last? Let’s keep praying for Ukraine.”(6)

From “Give Him Fifteen”

2022/2/28 11:14Profile
deogloria

Re: Good News From Ukraine

“According to the Ukrainian government and media sources:..."
If those news can't be independently verified by other sources then I don't need to read much further.
This is war and misinformation and propaganda is a big part of it, and has always been.

"More than 3,500 Russian soldiers have been killed in fighting..."
I wouldn't call this "good news" on a Christian site.
Ordinary soldiers probably don't have much choice then to "carry out orders". Those killed probably have family back home, now without a husband and father.Any innocent life lost is tragic.

Let's make no mistake, this war won't be over anytime soon.
The consequences and the sanctions etc will hit ALL of us very hard sooner or later !
Be prepared for the worst to come .

Yes let's PRAY for the believers to be strong and for non believers to repent and come to Christ.

2022/2/28 12:36Profile
AbideinHim

Louisiana

Re:

The whole point of this post is to show that God is intervening in this war due to the prayers of His people. We must continue to pray and intercede for peace in the Ukraine.

These reports have been verified by other news sources.

Reese Howells and his college of intercessors changed the whole course of WW2. We pray that God’s Kingdom would come and His will would be done in the Ukraine.

2022/2/28 13:24Profile
EAGLEFLYING

Re:

Amen and Amen God will intervene there and also in the USA its negative reports they come from the enemy doesnt matter who speaks them ..
in Prayer believing God is gonna move.
Sister Frannie

2022/3/7 17:19Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

On the one hand war is a bit like a game - good guys vs bad guys itching to win a fight. On the other hand in this war it is near impossible to discern who the good guys are and the bad ones. Trump said Ukraine is the most corrupt nation in the world but it is not alone.

It looks to me like it is more about two bullies itching for a fight over power and money and in the process they are inflicting untold misery, grief on innocent people. Yet I am reminded of what Bro. Isaiah says in chapter 26:9b-10: "For when the earth experiences Your judgments The inhabitants of the world learn righteousness. Though the wicked is shown favor, He does not learn righteousness; He deals unjustly in the land of uprightness, And does not perceive the majesty of the LORD." (NASB) God will use this situation to shake people out of their comfort zone to reevaluate their relationship with Him.

My concern is that we pray for the saints in Ukraine and Russia and that we would not empower the wicked that rule. Sin is sin regardless who is involved, including the rich and powerful.

Sandra

2022/3/8 22:39Profile
Platy

Re:

"God will use this situation to shake people out of their comfort zone to reevaluate their relationship with Him."

Bibles are sold out in Ukraine and elsewhere as well:

https://us.tbsbibles.org/store/viewproduct.aspx?id=9354438

2022/3/9 4:31Profile
deogloria

Re:

John 18:36 Jesus answered, “My kingdom is not of this world; if it were, My servants would fight to prevent My arrest by the Jews. But now My kingdom is not of this realm.”
2 Corinthians 10:3For though we live in the flesh, we do not wage war according to the flesh. 4 The weapons of our warfare are not the weapons of the world. Instead, they have divine
power to demolish strongholds. 5We tear down arguments and every presumption set up against the knowledge of God; and we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ.…

2022/3/9 11:02Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

//On the other hand in this war it is near impossible to discern who the good guys are and the bad ones….It looks to me like it is more about two bullies itching for a fight over power and money and in the process they are inflicting untold misery,//

Not sure what to make of this statement. It seems ridiculous on its face, as it is one despot invading another country and is targeting civilians and hospitals including maternity hospitals.

How is this “two bullies” itching for a fight? Surely UKR has a right to defend itself from invasion?

2022/3/9 17:16Profile
JFW

Dothan, Alabama

Re: Todd

Not sure if this is what sister Sandra was referring to but you might be interested to know...

https://tv.gab.com/channel/gee/view/tucker-carlson-someone-needs-to-explain-6229b1ca9899361c9c0eab14

2022/3/10 10:44Profile
deogloria

Re:

Todd
there was another thread with many replies and lots of information. That should have been enough to choose what you want to believe. Greg locked that thread. Why start all over again and just go round in circles ?

2022/3/10 12:47Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy