Access over 100,000+ Sermons from Ancient to Modern
See Opportunities to Serve with SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Yoga

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Yoga

What do you know about yoga? I did not know much about it a year ago - knew it existed but did not educate myself about it although I knew there were people who disapproved of it. That is all.

Then.

A year ago as I was scrolling through YouTube I saw a video by Steven Bancarz discussing his testimony about being a New-Ager and in it he referenced Jessica Smith. I checked out Jessica Smith and got her book, "The Shatttering - an Encounter With Truth'. And read it.

Right on the heels of this new-found knowledge my niece detailed on Facebook her involvement with yoga. She informed her readers that she is "light, love and good"!!! I learned she and her husband are very much into yoga, visiting Crestone, CO, a new-age center, several times. I got concerned - the fact she considered herself "good", especially.

In the meantime, my nephew's marriage went kaput - divorcing. She was a yoga teacher.

I started talking about yoga to my friends, on FB, and learned that most are aware of it and may know someone who is in it, but not many. And there was one who defended it - he was doing Christian yoga for exercise/fitness.

These are the three I am personally know. And all of their marriages went kaput - divorced or are separated. "Goodness" does not seem to work well in maintaining a marriage, does it?

In any case, I want to sound the alarm that it is extremely dangerous, even in something as benign as used in fitness/exercise programs. Get educated about it from people who have repented from it. "The Shattering - " is a fine resource to help you...there is a sizeable section devoted to giving the Biblical reasons why it is so dangerous.

I do not know what people here on Sermonindex think of it, but I am concerned because I have seen what it has done to my extended family and it concerns me much.

The days are evil, especially in ways we may not know about. The devil is sly and works to deceive and he is a master at deception.

God bless.

Sandra Miller

2022/2/23 13:16Profile
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Re: Yoga

Sister,

I agree there is a spiritual element to these things and we must not be partakers with demons.

2022/2/23 13:26Profile
narrowpath

Germany NRW

It is basically self deification and sun worship. Stay away from it as far as you can.

2022/2/23 15:17Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

You are spot-on. It is about me, myself and I. Others are irrelevant. Yoga is self aggrandizement gone to seed.

Greg is right - it is demonic. You cannot reason with them.

Sandra

2022/2/23 16:41Profile
JFW

Dothan, Alabama

Yes dear sister I too have witnessed and experienced the exact same results as you with family members and after almost 30 yrs of marriage they divorced less than two years after buying a yoga studio.

Having said that, as I age I’m realizing the importance of stretching my body for general health & maintenance but there is no need to join a cult to do that.

It seems many evils have been normalized inside the church walls and it’s not without its reproach but they just don’t seem to care till it’s too late and even then it’s not easy to convince them that yoga was a problem,... in my experience they still defend it. 🤷🏽‍♂️

2022/2/24 0:49Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

Thanks for sharing your observation. I felt convinced yoga had something to do with these marriage failures but have never heard it said otherwise. Jessica Smith is straight forward in declaring yoga is demonic and if that is the case, one of the first things the devil wants to do is cause a marriage breakup.

God bless for sharing.

Sandra

2022/2/24 18:37Profile

©2002-2021 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy