SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Access over 100,000+ Sermons from Ancient to Modern
See Opportunities to Serve with SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Revivals And Church History : How is the local church crucial to Christ return as shown in the Bible

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
Dave123

How is the local church crucial to Christ return as shown in the Bible

As believers we all belong to the universal body of Christ, however the local church is the expression of that oneness in one accord.
In the New Testament there was only one church in the city, the church in Ephesus, not the churches but the church, the church in Rome, etc.
This was crucial to keep the oneness as a testimony , something the world could see ("That they all may be one; even as You, Father, are in Me and I in You, that they also may be in Us; that the world may “believe”that You have sent Me." (John 17:21) "I in them, and You in Me, that they may be perfected into one, that the world may “know” that You have sent Me and have loved them even as You have loved Me." (John 17:23). How can the world believe, how can they know experientially unless they can see it.
The first thing that Paul dealt with in first Corinthians was the issue of division. Satan‘s greatest strategy was to divide the church so that even a new believer is confused as to where he should go. The division has also given the world a means to mock us. When there is only one church in the city, it causes me to deal with my flesh, my preferences, my ambition, etc. If I don’t like this or that where could I go? If that local church would become as wicked as in first Corinthians God will deal with it, especially the leadership, and as we see the whole church turned back to the apostle‘s ministry. God is not a God of confusion, Satan loves confusion. Today’s situation is one of confusion, which God is not the author. But the Bible gives a remedy! Overcomers must take a standAgainst the confusion, in each locality as a testimony of oneness. More discussion later

2022/2/4 12:07Profile

©2002-2021 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy