SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Maranatha Bible Study on Revelation

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
Lysa

East TN for now!

Maranatha Bible Study on Revelation

This thread will be dedicated to the video's by Joel Richardson and Dalton Thomas on the Book of Revelation!

***Please don't respond to disagree with our dialogue without watching the videos and knowing the background! Thank you so much!***

These are exciting times my friend's, very exciting times!

We're not starting at #1 but at #37 that starts in Rev 13.
"A Biblical Theology of the Final Antichrist and His Age Ending Tyranny" by Dalton Thomas.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p0CiisGjOT4

About Old and New Testaments has a LOT to say about the anti-christ.

God bless!!

2022/1/31 13:51Profile
Lysa

East TN for now!

Re: Maranatha Bible Study on Revelation #37

Dalton brings forth Deut 13 and shows that it is the same language that introduces the anti-christ in Rev 13. Very interesting!!

I re-watched episode #37 and I totally forgot that I had my mind blown on this one!! Around the 40 minute mark, Dalton explains that he believes the one who restrains in 2 Thess 2 is not the church or even the Holy Spirit, it's satan himself!

He uses Rev 12:9 And the great dragon was thrown down, that ancient serpent, who is called the devil and Satan, the deceiver of the whole world—he was thrown down to the earth, and his angels were thrown down with him.
12 Therefore, rejoice, O heavens and you who dwell in them! But woe to you, O earth and sea, for the devil has come down to you in great wrath, because he knows that his time is short!”

Satan the dragon is restraining the revealing of the anti-christ. How interesting is this take on events?!! He uses Dan 12 (I think) and Rev 12 along with 2 Thess 2.

I have my leanings but I really don't hold adamantly to one b/c Jesus said, "Be ready for in the hour you think not, the Son of man cometh." I really like Joel and Dalton's take on things and find it very interesting reading and studying. It you want to watch or re-watch the video, I encourage you to do so!!

God bless us all!
Lisa

2022/2/1 10:03Profile
Lysa

East TN for now!

Re: Maranatha Bible Study on Revelation

Global Bible Study #38
The Anti-christ and the Beast from Genesis to Revelation

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QPY_F8tgT8A

These are very good, get paper, pen and Bible and follow along!! I will update after I rewatch it!

I love these videos,
Lisa

2022/2/14 17:11Profile
JFW

Dothan, Alabama

Re: Satan not the Church

This literally occurred to me while reading that passage (2 Thess 2) a couple of years ago.... I dropped it on a (young) friend who’d just finished seminary to see what he thought about it being an option rendering the text, his eyes grew very large and glazed over and he never really got back to me on it.

It would be a very strange thing for the church or Holy Spirit to “withhold” or “restrain” the Antichrist from being exposed when the scriptures tell/command us to expose evil/darkness.... that just doesn’t fit well for me in context of that whole passage of scripture, perhaps I’m missing something 🤷🏽‍♂️

It would seem that satan would have cause to “withhold” the AC’s revealing until the world had been so conditioned/deceived into accepting him... tho I’ve always been taught that “he” who letteth and “that” which withholdeth was the church or Holy Spirit 🧐
Firstly the “church” is not a “he” it’s a “she” so (for me) that rules out the church...
Secondly the Holy Spirit couldn’t be “taken out of the way” because we know there are those saved during the great tribulation (Rev 7:14) and that’s not possible w/out Holy Spirit....

Yet the pattern referenced by Jesus pertaining to Noah & Lot (Luke 17:27-30) seems to demonstrate it wasn’t satan but a righteous man that in fact was doing the restraining.... and in both of these cases when they (Noah & Lot) we’re taken out of the way then judgement/destruction came quickly...

In both of those cases referenced by Jesus as a “template” with which to view these future events, the prayers/preaching of a righteous man was in fact the restraining force.
This (for me) was a conundrum... tho when I looked into the matter indeed I found that the preachers of righteousness in our day had, each one, been being removed and so far not really replaced at the same level that I’ve seen while at the same time, evil and ungodliness have proliferated effectively “being revealed” at the passing of these righteous men.

So while a definitive conclusion eludes me, my present observations tend toward a (righteous) person or small number of (righteous) persons who are in fact restraining this wickedness from being revealed through intercessory prayer and preaching. Tho when they die, if there are none who offer such, what then would restrain that wickedness from being revealed ?

Also pertaining to 2 Thess 2 -
It seems the “great apostasy” ir falling away isn’t so much people falling away from the “church” so much as the “church” is falling away from faith in God and teach others also to rely on something other than God...

Regarding Joel, his ministry blipped my radar years ago when I came across and listened to Walid Shoebat’s messages and Joel was very much in line with his perspectives and if I remember correctly, they actually worked together a few times ...

It does seem that we are witnessing (at least) the beginning of the great apostasy prophecy which would mean the AC would follow and be revealed after it was completed but that, as far as I can see, hasn't happened just yet.

2022/2/15 7:53Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy