Discussion Forum : Devotional Thoughts : God’s Medicine Bottle

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
AbideinHim

Louisiana

God’s Medicine Bottle

God’s Medicine Bottle:

We take the medicine that the doctor’s prescribe us, and as Christians we need to know that there is healing in God’s Word, and by believing the promises and applying them to every situation in our lives, we will reap the desired results.

Proverbs 4:20 – 22 says, “My son, attend to my words; incline thine ear unto my sayings. Let them not depart from thine eyes; keep them in the midst of thine heart; for they are life to those that find them, and health to all their flesh.” The Hebrew word for “health” in verse 22 is “medicine.” God’s Word is medicine to all our flesh. Isaac Leeser’s translation of Exodus 15:26 reads, “…I the Lord am thy physician.” The medicine He prescribes is His Word.”

Justprayno.org

2022/1/18 6:03Profile
docs

Re: I believe Lord but help my unbelief!

I believe every word you have posted. Yet, I am facing heart bypass surgery on Feb 7. I have not had any symptoms whatsoever over the years and am still quite surprised at this turn of events. Yet, I believe in healing now and will believe in it when I wake up from surgery. I want more faith now and wonder why I can't just pray in faith and be relieved and healed from this malady. I believe Lord but help my unbelief! If I speak to others about divine healing after my surgery, will I be one who preaches to others about something I could not obtain for myself? Along with the healing cure from sin and it's penalty, physical healing was also provided for in Christ's atonement at Calvary. I believe this. Now what? I know faith comes from hearing and hearing from the word of God. Have I so neglected the word of God that although I have faith I don't have enough to be healed? After hearing so many teachings over the years on the reality of divine healing, and after having read so many books about healing, shouldn't I just automatically so to speak have enough faith to be healed? How much more could I have built into my mind and spirit regarding God's "medicine bottle" but now seem unable to get enough of it to overcome this situation? Have you ever been in a situation where you needed and desired physical healing for yourself or others and yet maybe found yourself with similar feelings and thoughts such as I have posted? How does this thing actually work dear saints?

2022/1/18 13:16Profile
AbideinHim

Louisiana

Re:

"Have you ever been in a situation where you needed and desired physical healing for yourself or others and yet maybe found yourself with similar feelings and thoughts such as I have posted? How does this thing actually work dear saints?"

Brother, I can relate to what you are saying, and I believe that most believers that believe that healing is the will of God because it can be backed up with many scriptures from the Word of God have asked similar questions.

Healing can come to us in many ways through our faith, the faith of other believers such as calling for the elders of the Church, and also through the gifts of healing and miracles.

Even Jesus could do no mighty works among the people in the town that he was raised because of their unbelief.

When I find myself weak in faith for healing, I will go to the Word of God and meditate on the healing scriptures confessing the Word of God.

There are many reasons why we are not healed, and we should ask the Lord for revelation concerning anything that would hinder our healing. Of course, most healings do not occur after the first prayer, and this is where I disagree with many of the Faith teachers that teach that if you pray more than once, you are praying in unbelief. We are to ask and keep on asking, seek and keep on seeking, knock and keep on knocking.

I love reading the healing testimonies of John G. Lake who trained a healing team in Spokane Washington to pray for the sick. There were so many reports of healing that spokane at that time was said to be the healthiest city in the nation, and many of these healings were confirmed by doctors and they could not find any ground to accuse Dr. Lake of false claims of healing.

Even if we do go the doctor for an operation, we should be putting our faith in God and not the one doing the operation. I would be looking for a seasoned doctor that has had much experience and success even though he might not be a believer.

We have believed for some brothers and sisters to be healed and healing never came, and I sought the Lord about this, but never did get an answer. I do know that God is faithful and His Word is true, and that we just don't have all of the answers.

In our small fellowship and prayer gatherings we can praise God for the many healings that are taking place, and only a few months ago we prayed in one of our meetings for a brother in his 80's that was in the hospital with Covid, and his condition improved immediately, and by the next day he was on his way home.

My wife has suffered with pain in her back and her feet, and we even planned on her having a foot operation in Houston, but God had other plans and the operation was cancelled. What is amazing to us is that by God's grace she is still able to overcome, and the anointing will come on her in a meeting where there is no pain at all in her body.

Smith Wigglesworth believed that many sicknesses were by the working of evil spirits, and he would take authority over a spirit of infirmity, and of course he had many great testimonies of healing that took place in his meetings.

I cannot explain why all those that believe in healing are not healed, but I do believe that healing is the will of God. The Lord wants to use believers to heal the sick. This is not just for the Five Fold Ministry, but believers should know that according to scripture they can lay hands on the sick and expect them to recover.

The name of Jesus, the Blood of Jesus, and the Word of God are just as powerful today as it was in the book of Acts, and the Holy Spirit will confirm the Word of God that is preached with signs and wonders.

2022/1/18 15:04Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

The miraculous healings wrought through Jesus and the apostles did not occur through their prayers, but through their authoritative command, in the name of Jesus—directed, not toward God, but toward a sickness, a fever, a demon, a storm, a dead body, etc.

That being said, God heals when He wishes, and that is not always—obviously, since He has declined to heal millions of trusting Christians throughout history, who were looking to Him for healing. What, in their circumstances, could possibly have prevented Him from healing, if He had wished to do so?

That being said (again) it seems the times that I think (no way to be 100% sure) that my action either stopped an illness from occurring or resulted in a healing is when I have commanded the sickness or condition to leave vs praying that the person be healed. I am not convinced of the efficacy of simply praying for persons to be healed. If we don’t start with the mindset that it is *generally* God’s will to heal then we can’t very well command a sickness to leave in Jesus’s name.

2022/1/18 16:41Profile
AbideinHim

Louisiana

Re:

Brother David,
I am in agreement with you, and am praying for a successful surgery.

We praise God that Jesus is the healer.

“ Along with the healing cure from sin and it's penalty, physical healing was also provided for in Christ's atonement at Calvary.”

“However, it was our sicknesses that He Himself bore, And our pains that He carried; Yet we ourselves assumed that He had been afflicted, Struck down by God, and humiliated.” (Isaiah 53:4)

Christ The Healer by F. F. Bosworth is an excellent book on healing, all based on scripture.

2022/1/19 9:36Profile
drifter

Campbell River, B.C.

Re:

I believe God heals people today. Both of my brothers were very sick, one with aggressive cancer in his lungs and brain, and the other with a heart infection that caused him to lose 50 pounds and several liters of blood, and almost die. I believe both their lives were spared through my (and other saints') prayers.

So yes, healing is for today, and I think saints should, when led by God, pray for it.

But Satan is a counterfeiter. Anyone from the Christian Science cult will tell you they see healings frequently. Are these healings from God? I think the answer is self evident.

Some modern teaching on healing comes from teachers like F.F. Bosworth and Kenneth Hagin, which in turn was taken (or in Hagin's case, plagiarized and stolen) from E.W. Kenyon, who in turn blended New Thought and Christian Science with scriptures twisted out of context.

Saints, there are better teachings on healing out there, ones that don't try to blend metaphysics with christianity.

2022/1/21 14:29Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

https://stream.org/sickness-is-an-enemy/

2022/1/21 21:15Profile
AbideinHim

Louisiana

Re:

“Some modern teaching on healing comes from teachers like F.F. Bosworth and Kenneth Hagin, which in turn was taken (or in Hagin's case, plagiarized and stolen) from E.W. Kenyon, who in turn blended New Thought and Christian Science with scriptures twisted out of context.”

Brother Niegel,

I take it from your criticism of F. F. Bosworth that you never have read the book “Christ the Healer.”
This book is full of the Word of God from cover to cover. There are two truths that are emphasized throughout this book.
1. That healing is in the atonement.
2. That it is God’s will to heal His people, and that there are hindrances to one not being healed.

2022/1/22 3:43Profile
deogloria

Re:

Thank you Nigel for the testimonies and the important information that you provided.
We live in the most critical time in human history and proper discernment is now paramount.
My short answer is, and I said this before, 'we should choose this day what we want to believe...'
Hope you can recover soon and can be a testimony for Christ and share the Gospel with many more people.

2022/1/22 4:08Profile
mama27

Re:

Nigel, praising God for the 2 testimonies about your brothers. I am praying you will get well.

Am curious what better teachings on healing you are referring to. Can you provide references?

2022/1/22 9:14Profile

©2002-2021 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy